By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 32 - Harry Potter

Baalzamon said:
TadpoleJackson said:
Also Sapphi is banned

For how long?

I'm going to try finding a replacement for him right now.

If he doesn't show up in 24 hours, I will also look for a replacement for Radish.  He hasn't even logged onto vgchartz in 6 days.

Till the 14th 

Around the Network

Can you clarify this eminent discussion?

Silver-Tiger said:
theprof00 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:
Sorry, I'm finally here, my hard drive at home is just about dead, hanging every couple minutes, so I can only post at work until I get a new one.

I'm not opposed to day 1 lynches. I very much want everyone to know that there is a real threat on day 1. We're not just going to let players sit back and be random. Day 1 precedes any mafia "strategery" as well, so some scum may end up saying dumb things, or setting themselves up for contradiction later on, or get their teammates in trouble.

2. Same as linkz, I never drink the "dark-colas" unless there's liquor involved. They are extremely bad for you.

3. I feel most safe with trucks and ST, and feel most strongly about FF.
Trucks, I think because of that joke about linkz pm being read.
ST because he HoSed Baalzamon, which for some reason makes me think he's in the "voting" mindset of a townie.
FF because, well, he's the only one joking around so far.

Only one post in and you're already contradicting yourself!

FoS: prof

you made a joke, and ff is being "jokey"

There is a difference. Considering that I wasn't using the logical method last round, and picked Baal simply due to his words and psychology, I'm pretty confident that even if you disagree with me, I, at least, know that there is a difference between you and ff.

Maybe not an important difference, but different nonetheless.

@ST

Sometimes you are so thick.

I know it was a joke. I'm acknowledging that joke. It could've been a joke about anything. You CHOSE to make a joke in that way. I'm saying that I think you got your PM, it said "townie", and in your mind you were thinking that about votes (being the only ability you have). So, voting/Hosing was the first thing you thought about after reading the intro. Make sense? I might not be right, but that's how I think. (just like when baal last round said "OK first thing's first", because it was on his mind that he was "late")

Also, maybe you need glasses or english lessons, because I said you were "safe". I think FF is mafia, and you and trucks are not.

I apologize for misunderstanding you, but no reason to get insulting.

I thought with safe you meant being scum, since you answered Tadpole's question about being diabolical.

No, you're right, that was my fault. I didn't think that safe could be interpreted as being "safely mafia", and the context IS weird. When I look at it, it doesn't even look like I'm talking about them being town at all.

But, you know what, given this misunderstanding, I think it's funny that Trucks almost leapt at the chance to try and seem "jokey"

I want to know how I am "joking around" based on one and a half posts (other half nitpick) when others get to make joke posts and not be so pigeonholed.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Let's drop the joking aspect... does anyone have any questions they want to ask someone? Or perhaps lynch a lurker...

Around the Network
Baalzamon said:
@FF: I know it might not seem right, but part of what I am trying to do this game is to keep it active. If it really results in a tie after 5 whole days, and then a decision can still not be made in 12 hours, no offense, but that is sorta too bad. One thing I have found in the games I have played so far is that when a time limit is made and is not very strict or when there is no time limit at all, there is absolutely no incentive to keep the game going.

As of now, it will stay like this, but if too many people complain, I would be more than willing to switch it to something else.

Well I didn't mean anything against the sudden death itself, I'm just saying that with the physical limitation of who is going to see that judgment in 12 hours, No Lynch is almost automatically going to win with all non-voters defaulting in that direction and all votes reset to "No Vote"; that's why if I were doing it I'd go simple plurality in the sudden death.  But like I said, no big deal. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Ok guys, yo_john will be replacing Sapphi, effective immediately, I'm sending him the PM right now.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

theprof00 said:
Silver-Tiger said:
theprof00 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

theprof00 said:

3. I feel most safe with trucks and ST, and feel most strongly about FF.
Trucks, I think because of that joke about linkz pm being read.
ST because he HoSed Baalzamon, which for some reason makes me think he's in the "voting" mindset of a townie.
FF because, well, he's the only one joking around so far.

Only one post in and you're already contradicting yourself!

FoS: prof

Also, maybe you need glasses or english lessons, because I said you were "safe". I think FF is mafia, and you and trucks are not.

I apologize for misunderstanding you, but no reason to get insulting.

I thought with safe you meant being scum, since you answered Tadpole's question about being diabolical.

No, you're right, that was my fault. I didn't think that safe could be interpreted as being "safely mafia", and the context IS weird. When I look at it, it doesn't even look like I'm talking about them being town at all.

But, you know what, given this misunderstanding, I think it's funny that Trucks almost leapt at the chance to try and seem "jokey"

I also misinterpreted it, but that's likely because I had slight suspicions of each, which given the day so far would make them my biggest suspects. I saw ST's joke more as feigning productivity, but your reasoning sounds fairly plausible as well.

It's time to get things moving, so I'll start with

Vote: TruckOSaurus

Be a pal prof and follow suit, or initiate a train of your own.

TadpoleJackson said:
Let's drop the joking aspect... does anyone have any questions they want to ask someone? Or perhaps lynch a lurker...

Would you call anyone an actual lurker, or is it just radish who hasn't been on and sapphi who was banned? If so, then who?

We could really use a playerlist in the OP :P

Linkzmax said:

Would you call anyone an actual lurker, or is it just radish who hasn't been on and sapphi who was banned? If so, then who?

We could really use a playerlist in the OP :P

Oneof those two would be good. Though yo_john is joining for Sapphi. Or [Marcus] Jackson/Dany612(is he playing??)

[edited]