By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 32 - Harry Potter

got my PM and HoS Baalzamon for making a damn good introduction.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network

Hihi! =D

Baalzamon said:
As stated in the OP, if the time limit ends without a lynch, everybody who does not have a vote will, by default, be assigned a "no lynch" vote. Whatever has the most votes after this will be the final decision.

Quoted for emphasis.

For anyone that doesn't understand this, it's a plurality vote IF a majority vote isn't met by deadline. The conversion of non-votes to No Lynch is somewhat of a safety net for town, but scum holds a good deal of power since town is typically indecisive about lynches. It is very important for townies to be active in voting and working towards keeping one or two people(or NL) at near lynch, so that shifts towards a different lynch will be more apparent.

Baal, what about a tie at deadline?

Who is new to MAFIA here on VGC?(not a trap question, though if anyone is willing to admit they're mafia that will be taken into consideration as well)

Linkzmax said:
Baalzamon said:
As stated in the OP, if the time limit ends without a lynch, everybody who does not have a vote will, by default, be assigned a "no lynch" vote. Whatever has the most votes after this will be the final decision.

Quoted for emphasis.

For anyone that doesn't understand this, it's a plurality vote IF a majority vote isn't met by deadline. The conversion of non-votes to No Lynch is somewhat of a safety net for town, but scum holds a good deal of power since town is typically indecisive about lynches. It is very important for townies to be active in voting and working towards keeping one or two people(or NL) at near lynch, so that shifts towards a different lynch will be more apparent.

TBH, I'm not certain what exactly is normal in regards to a tie.  If I had to say something, I would that No Lynch will take priority.  If the tie is between 2 people, randomed?  What do you guys think about this?

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network

Hey guys, Marcus is new to mafia, so it would be greatly appreciated if you could help him along his way during this game.

I'm having difficulty explaining it all to him via PM, and feel that experience is the major thing that will teach somebody how to play this game.

Please do not respond to this (obviously), but it would be greatly appreciated if the mafia could post in the mafia thread that was provided to them in their role message just so I know that you do indeed have the link.

Baalzamon said:
Linkzmax said:

TBH, I'm not certain what exactly is normal in regards to a tie.  If I had to say something, I would that No Lynch will take priority.  If the tie is between 2 people, randomed?  What do you guys think about this?

The way I handled the possibility of a tie in the first game I hosted was to have a short extension where people could only vote or unvote for anyone in the tie. Once a sole player was in the lead they would be lynched, otherwise there wouldn't be a lynch. Random isn't good in my opinion, but some hosts allow multiple lynches; however, that can be exploited.

i believe both jacksons are new to vgcmafia...

doc... targets someone at night and keeps them safe.

cop... targets someone at night and checks if they are protown or anti-town.

mafia... talks through a separate forum at night and decide in a target to kill (and on a goon to perform the kill - unnecessary in basic vanilla games... check watcher/tracker roles for more info). anti-town.

vanilla townie... no power is stronger than the cunning mind to find the anti-town players... and that'd it.

/takes his butterbeer and drinks a sip.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Linkzmax said:
Baalzamon said:
Linkzmax said:

The way I handled the possibility of a tie in the first game I hosted was to have a short extension where people could only vote or unvote for anyone in the tie. Once a sole player was in the lead they would be lynched, otherwise there wouldn't be a lynch. Random isn't good in my opinion, but some hosts allow multiple lynches; however, that can be exploited.

Yeah, I'd say having a tiebreaker extension is the best thing to do.  I'm against randomizing.  If any kind of extension is out of the question, lynch both or lynch niether. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!