By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What´s your best Nintendo memory?

Playing Mario NES on my neighbours black and white tv

Getting my Game & Watch mario cement game

Playing Mario Bros, Street Fighter 2 Turbo on SNES

Tetris, Mario and Pokemon on Gameboy

Just the YEARS of hype around Ocarina of Time, no game was ever hyped as much as this. There was stories on the news about people trying to track the game down. It was a beautiful time. The game BLEW me away. Just wow...

Playing ISS64, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, SM64, Banjo Kazooie (was beautiful!), Mario Kart & Diddy Kong

And then just crazy fun times playing Mario Kart on GC (my fav. MK)

Around the Network

Beating Donkey Kong Country at the age of six without a single death.

There are a few moments that stand out for me:
N64:
-Finally getting that freaking 119th star in Super Mario 64 a few days ago (as a kid I was never able to get 100 coins in Tick-tock Clock) and shortly thereafter finishing the game entirely with the 120th star.
-My dad getting addicted to Pokémon Puzzle League (hey I was just a kid...) so that I could play with him whenever I liked.

Gamecube:
-Playing loads and loads of Timesplitters: Future Perfect with my friends - we always played Siberia by the way, that map never got old to us.
-Super Smash Bros. Melee as a whole. I must have put several hundreds of hours in that game.
-The revelation of Kratos' true nature in Tales of Symphonia, when he turns out to be the 'bad guy'. I was quite sure that I had nearly finished the game... boy was I wrong.

Wii:
-Shoving Zelda: Twilight Princess into my Wii and hearing the gorgeous music in the title screen of the Wii Menu. Really sent tingles up my spine.
-Discovering Resident Evil 4.
-Super Mario Galaxy!

I drink your milkshake.

Top 3.

1. xmas morning, 1986. Opening my last 2 presents.
A) A Nintendo Entertainment System Action Pack!!!
B) Ice Climbers game.

2. Scoring a Wii after 3 days of calling every single store that sold games in my entire city.

3. Realizing that Samus was a girl when I finally finished Metroid on NES.

A lot has been said already, but here goes:

- Getting my first NES: got me into gaming.

- Playing Secret of Evermore on SNES: let me realise there were better games than "Just another platformer part 8"

-Zelda: Majora's mask: reuniting the married couple, so sad :'(

- Chrono trigger: played this on an emulator (I'm from Europe), I didn't know they had games like that on SNES.

And of course Mario 64, Ocarina of time, Metroid Prime, etc.

I'm going to buy Zack and Wiki! And you should so too.

Around the Network

When I played Eternal darkness is another Nintendo memory that has to be on this list.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Playing my first game ever.
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

getting a wii and playing TP

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Mine would have to be Super Metroid SNES, getting the speed boost accessory and finding some looooong hallway, turning blue with all the after-images and mowing through waves of enemy's and obstacles :3 Then stopping! And doing that MASSIVE jump in any direction XD, so friggin badass.

That or getting the Skrew Attack pickup with the moon jump and trying to keep yourself afloat through narrow hallways and what not :3

Killing stuff with Supermissles

Raping everything with the master-blaster you get from beating mother brain :P

/sigh god I miss that series ;-;

(for the record I'm only including Nintendo's craftsmanship, too many Chrono Trigger, FF6, Secret of Mana moments for me to list)

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

When i first came out of kokiry foreest and seeing highrule for the first time in 3d. Zelda OOT the best game ever made. EVER!!!

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"