By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - "I miss the old VGChartz from 200x" threads - A BIG announcement

Sounds very promising :)

But my account...will that be on both websites or just one and I have to make a new account on the other site?

Around the Network

I'm intrigued. Certainly I'm one of those who miss the old days with the big chartz... will see

hmmm sounds excellent! Can't wait for more info. This is probably a stupid request, what about a mobile version that we can look at on our smartphones?

ioi said:
yo_john117 said:

Sounds very promising :)

But my account...will that be on both websites or just one and I have to make a new account on the other site?

You will have an account on both sites and all existing content will move over to the most relevant site. Any new users signing up will sign up for that site only (although we may have an option for dual signup maybe). Everything will be treated as two separate sites.

That is most excellent news!

aww man this is crazy.

Around the Network

Awesome, sounds great. Dividing the site in two is a good idea IMO.

I remember when I was lurking here some time ago there were cool tools, like charts and graphs where you could compare the sales of different consoles/games with aligned lauches, etc. I hope we have things like that.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Can't wait! I hope the design is very old school VGC but obviously flashy and modern.

Can't wait to see how the new updates work, thanks for makeing such an awesome website ioi and listening to the community.

I'm glad you guys are doing well (looking at the stats). Whatever direction is taken I will continue coming to vgchartz.

My only comment on this 'stagnating' matter is that its merely a reflection of the stagnation in the excitement of the console wars for this gen. It was amazing back when PS3 launched so poorly and the 360 was really surprising us all. Not to mention the fact that Nintendo did the impossible with the Wii's success. Mario Galaxy was a critical triumph once again, proving that Nintendo was still the champion of game design. The last fun thing to happen was see the $299 relaunch of the PS3 and how the console redefined itself as an essential own for hardcore gamers... Well, I guess there was Kinect...

New consoles will bring excitement and more buzz. I can't imagine where else I'd want to go to compare the PS4/WiiU/720

I'm in minority on this. Why do you feel the need to keep changing this site over and over and over again. You should just find what work's and stick with it. You can't please everybody. Your like someone that's never satisfied and it's never good enough. Don't take it the wrong way,but that's just how I honestly feel.