By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - "I miss the old VGChartz from 200x" threads - A BIG announcement

Great news, looking forward to it!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
Machina said:
Silver-Tiger said:
So we might see VGchartz 6.0 soon?

I would really like to have an "embed" button for videos again, though I was quite surprised that after the update it was removed, and the current reply function makes it impossible for me to embed a video.. :/

Will add it to the list.

Thanks man, always great to see mods listening to the users.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

ioi said:
makingmusic476 said:

So wait. Is the forum going to be split between both websites? Are we still going to be able to talk about the games themselves on the sales-centric website? What about an off topic section?

Aside from this, kitler echoed my sentiments quite nicely.

There will be two seperate forums - one on VGChartz that will be much like the site was 3-4 years ago with probably a sales discussion, gaming discussion and an off-topic discussion. Nice and simple.

On the new site, we will have game-specific forums for all 100k+ games in the database, as well as a ton of different forums and subforums for different platforms.

You can talk about whatever you want on either site but obviously the idea will be that the VGChartz site will be more analytical, industry type stuff and some general gaming / off-topic while the new site will be nitty-gritty game details, levels, weapons and so on, specific to particular games.

Two very different focuses.

Sounds like a dream come true.  :')  I particularly like the idea of a single game forum where gamers can simply talk about games.

Will we still be able to track our collections and whatnot via the sales site, or will all that be moved to the other site? 

T_T

We DB admins were let out of our cages after Norlead left and now your going to cage us inside a different website all together.

Former something....

I like it better when the forum hot topics were at the bottom of the main page and was so easily searchable without scrolling a bit because it was separated into two columns. So I agree with this. Vgchartz today had a lot of content that some of them are just there to populate the space.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

So will there be no reason for points on the new site? Will the games sales still be on the database side? That would help keep it ahead of sites like gamefaqs and others who do not.

Doubt they'll take that away. Vgchartz have always been known for the sales chart.

And lol man. Vgchartz was never ahead of gamefaqs. Gamefaqs is among the top 1000 websites in the world.

i know this isn't the place btu i'm sure someone will see it and i know it doesn't really matter but anyways

when looking through or for PC games i might want i find it annoying that games come up from the 80's/90's as it makes the lists so long and they get in the way,i know there are some good games but i want newer games to look through so i think there should be some sort of year tick box in the PC section as it doesn't get split like the console generations.

i tried to add a newish PC point and click called Alter Ego and it wouldn't let me because there is an Alter Ego from 1986,lol

how do i add it

Above & Beyond

good thinking batman,that will do

i have lost the power of quote for some reason

Above & Beyond

-Newcloud- said:
@ioi

Im able to submit a quote im just not able to make friends

Like that? ^

OT - sounds exciting. Looking forward to it

scottie said:
-Newcloud- said:
@ioi

Im able to submit a quote im just not able to make friends

Like that? ^

OT - sounds exciting. Looking forward to it

It wont let me quote using Internet Explore