By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Operation Rainfall - How to fight Nintendo and consequences for Wii U

I think Nintendo is really underestimating the impact Operation Rainfall has on their next console Wii U.

Nintendos goal with this console, as they already stated, is the get the core crowd back und put new faith in core games in Nintendo platforms. But shouldn´t they start with giving the gamers confidence back right now, so when the new console releases the core crowd would jump right in? With their behaviour atm, to not release the Operation Rainfall games in NA, they are achieving the exact opposite of what they intented to achieve. How should the core gamers be sure N does release the games to want for Wii U in NA, if they aren´t doing that right now? They wouldn´t even have a big financial risk, because the games are mostly already translated for Britain.

Next lets look at what direct consequences has Nintendos actions for the Wii right now. If I were in NA I would immetiatly mod my Wii so I could play the said games. If you have done this there are two options how to get the games. Order them from Europe or just get them from the internet. As I love Nintendo I surely would import them so I could play the games on my modded Wii. But I also can see that lots of people would rip em so to show Nintendo how they feel about theit behaviour and not give em any money for the games at all.

In conclusion N is driving their NA customers to mod their Wii and download the games. In addition N is not well preparing the release of tis new console by mobbing the core crowd. Its a doube negative for Nntendo. They should really ask themselves if this buisness strategy is well thought or if they should install new bosses to change the situation.

Around the Network

I'm sure these games will be released even in NA, just not this year. Why? Because I think Wii U will be released in the last months of 2012 and they'll need additional games for the last months of Wii. NoE is launching Xenoblade this year and TLS next year, what else will remain for us in the last year? Nothing for Wii I think...it's a question of chose. And respect, Reggie and NoA could answer "we're planning to release them in the future", not the opposite, even if I'm sure many would still complain...anyway I agree about their need to release these games.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

operation rainfall isnt that big a deal for nintendo honestly. Though they should release the games we want.

Buzzi said:
I'm sure these games will be released even in NA, just not this year. Why? Because I think Wii U will be released in the last months of 2012 and they'll need additional games for the last months of Wii. NoE is launching Xenoblade this year and TLS next year, what else will remain for us in the last year? Nothing for Wii I think...it's a question of chose. And respect, Reggie and NoA could answer "we're planning to release them in the future", not the opposite, even if I'm sure many would still complain...anyway I agree about their need to release these games.

We have Trauma Team for next year, or so I hope... or else it is going to be traumatic.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:
Buzzi said:

We have Trauma Team for next year, or so I hope... or else it is going to be traumatic.

Or Zangeki no Reginleiv, or ExiteBots...but I think we're just dreaming and little beyond TLS will be released.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Around the Network
Buzzi said:
TomaTito said:
Buzzi said:

Or Zangeki no Reginleiv, or ExiteBots...but I think we're just dreaming and little beyond TLS will be released.

Dream; Dream, Dream, Dream.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"