By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - One 3rd of Japanese gamers regret buying 3DS!

The pool size is actually pretty good. The problem lies in how the question was formulated, as it is easy to lead in a such answer, and the quality of the sampling. As a matter of fact, to get a near random sample of 3DS's users is, by far, the most important part in a research like this. If they did it trough the Internet, as some posters claimed, the the results are so biased we cannot extrapolate them in any way to the Japanese 3DS owners in general.

By using an Internet pool in a magazine site, you're probably picking only hardcore gamers that care for that particular site. Hardly a good representation of the 3DS audience in general.

Around the Network
Nintendogamer said:
Japan don't like Nintendo, and I think Nintendo is on the edge of the cliff about to get pushed over.

Yeah... *rolls eyes*

I'm surprised it's not more.

Seece said:
Teo said:
Seece said:
4Gamer polled 6,500 3DS owners out of around 1 million

Thats how you "poll"

You don't go after everyone, you get a statistical analysis of a group and 6500 people is way above the needed number for a fair statistical analyisis of only 1million.

'fair' how can you judge any number as fair. (apart from 1 million in this case) no, 6500 out of 1 million means nothing.

The sample size is fine. The issue is more about what Manuel pointed out, that its likely biased towards self-selection from disgruntled users

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I am very happy to have the 20 games, plus a free Excitebike and Kid Icarus 3d. I'm just upset I haven't had enough time to play them all yet.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

spurgeonryan said:
I think this is relevant now. I would like to know how many think it was a bad purchase now?
More of a long term investment I should say.

What was th epoint in bumping this thread?

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Around the Network

I would have answered yes as well: I regret buying the 3DS.

It's not that it's a bad piece of hardware. On the contrary, it's better than the DS it replaced in every way but the removed GBA cartridge slot, but there simply hasn't been much of a reason in terms of games to buy one in the first year for me personally.

It was fun, as is any new gadget one buys, but after playing around with the low res 3D camera and the rest of the pre-installed software, it boiled back down to games. SFIV and RE: Mercenaries was it; I had no interest in buying other games available simply because I felt obligated to play more games on my $250 portable.

And yes; the price drop irked me, even with the freebies Nintendo gave away as a consolation prize, which were available to anyone who bought a 3DS in the weeks just prior to the price drop and were still able to get a refund on the price difference from the retail outlet they bought it from.

And no; while appreciated, given a choice between the 20 games and $80; I'd take the $80. There wasn't a single game in the bundle I would have bought, even for $5. I still have my Metroid Fusion GBA cartridge that I can play on my old DS if I ever feel like playing that game again.

Regardless of the price drop, even today at $170, I wouldn't buy one. Since there's no problem with supply, you can pretty much pick one up whenever, which to me means that if and when there's a game on the 3DS that I'd actually want to buy (as opposed to buying games for a system just because it's new and you paid for it), I could pick up a 3DS at the same time

RE: Revelations could be the first exclusive, but at this point I'm not even sure whether I want to play it upon release enough to warrant the $50 price for a portable game anymore.

spurgeonryan said:
I think this is relevant now. I would like to know how many think it was a bad purchase now?
More of a long term investment I should say.

When games using two sticks will become more widespread, and Ninty will release 3DS 2.0 with two sticks built-in, and what's more, cheaper than the 1.0, early adopters forced to buy and use that butt-ugly 2nd stick kludge will be even more pissed-off!!!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!