By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - One 3rd of Japanese gamers regret buying 3DS!

Yes, just like 90% of Wiis are collecting dust if you ask the internet. Honestly, the only people who participate in such polls are those looking to complain.
Also, the figures for SML and MK7 look amazing if we go by this. They're gonna have an attach rate of well over 50%, :P!

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network
Seece said:
4Gamer polled 6,500 3DS owners out of around 1 million

Feel free to poll the other 993,500 3DS owners.

I would say 6,500 3DS owners gives a pretty neat average, as long as they were picked randomly from different websites.

6500 people asked are absolutely enough. When I was younger I also thought how can polls be representative if you just ask a tiny amount but then I found out that during elections they just ask 10000 people from 40 million and the results from elections are just 1-2% percent different from the poll. And we have 4 partys and extremly changing percentages not like Us where you have always a 50/50 result +- 5%.

So if those people are picked properly this should be a really good representation of the truth.

I have to add since this was an Internetpoll the numbers can vary a lot more maybe. But even then there should be a significant amount of people who arent satisfied with the price cut.

I have to add since this was an Internetpoll the numbers can vary a lot more maybe. But even then there should be a significant amount of people who arent satisfied with the price cut.

Around the Network

If I were Japanese, I'd regret buying a 3DS because my country had just suffered a massive earthquake, nuclear reactors were going critical, tons of people were dead, and Godzilla was likely to attack at any moment. After all of that, I would have more important things to spend money on than a 3DS.

Netyaroze said:
6500 people asked are absolutely enough

Nobody said otherwise, except the method of polling.

"Nobody said otherwise, except the method of polling."

"'fair' how can you judge any number as fair. (apart from 1 million in this case) no, 6500 out of 1 million means nothing."

Nintendo really has to start developing very high budget games. I can't buy any more Zelda games without VA, CGs, DD 5.1 orchestrated sound track. There are no more excuses.

Edit: Oh, and i can't stand a new Mario Kart game without story mode (to make a really good single player mode) and without showing a real evolution from previous installments. 

kowenicki said:
Seece said:
4Gamer polled 6,500 3DS owners out of around 1 million

Thats a decent sample for a poll tbf.

I am beginning to think Nintendo have a world of problems to deal with and that they might just not be able to.

They are going to fall a long way before Wii U has even a chance to reverse their fortunes.

Seen the new UK 3DS ad?.... the end line is somehting like "this ISNT a DS, this is a 3DS".  Thats is the issue I have been going on about for so long.  The general public just dont see any immediately recognisable difference, I dont see that changing tbh.  I think the price cut boost may not be as big or as long lived as some here think.  Tough times.

The only 3DS advert I have seen is the one with Robin Williams.