By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do You Like Dubstep..

Do You Like Dubstep

Yes 21 41.18%

It's OK 11 21.57%

No 12 23.53%

What is Dubstep??? 7 13.73%

Total:51
yo_john117 said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Does this count??

If so, YES I love it <3

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp3UeCguVVI

Well it says dubstep on it so yes it is dubstep. Chances are if it has some "wa wa wa" sound to it then it's dubstep.

Don't let the haters tell you otherwise

This song here is what I think is the closest thing to actual dubstep (it takes about a minute to get it into the dubstep part) 

More like farthest thing away from dubstep. This isn't about hating or anything this is just about dudebros/posers Coming in quickly putting together low range frequencies and wobbles in 10 minutes and calling it something that it's not.

Skrillex, UKF, Zeds Dead, Flux Pavillion, Doctor P, Datsik, Nero - Brostep "Dubstep" Originated around 2007-2008

Kode 9, Coki, Skream, Benga, Plastician, Burial, Loefah, Digital Mystikz, Hatcha -Real Dubstep that originated from Garage and 2step around 1999

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

Around the Network

I

I think I can achieve the same effect of listening to dubstep by stuffing actual garbage in my ears for minutes at a time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

No, its complete shit. Its just noise, its not even music.

What the hell ever happened to rock and roll? Music today is just terrible. I wish I grew up in the 70's/80's.

It's really hit or miss for me, I like some of it, but a lot is pretty contrived.  tbh like any other "new genre" you have a few innovators that really made the whole thing a reality then ten million ripoff artists that think all you need is WOBBLE WOBBLE WOMP WOMP ... BASSS DROOOOOOOOOP to make a good song.

I also laugh when folks try to "dance" to it at parties and clubs, it always ends up with a bunch of confused people wobbling around because the bass doesn't usually stay constant.

Around the Network

I don't understand dubstep.

love it

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

Chroniczaaa said:
yo_john117 said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Well it says dubstep on it so yes it is dubstep. Chances are if it has some "wa wa wa" sound to it then it's dubstep.

This song here is what I think is the closest thing to actual dubstep (it takes about a minute to get it into the dubstep part) 

More like farthest thing away from dubstep. This isn't about hating or anything this is just about dudebros/posers Coming in quickly putting together low range frequencies and wobbles in 10 minutes and calling it something that it's not.

Skrillex, UKF, Zeds Dead, Flux Pavillion, Doctor P, Datsik, Nero - Brostep "Dubstep" Originated around 2007-2008

Kode 9, Coki, Skream, Benga, Plastician, Burial, Loefah, Digital Mystikz, Hatcha -Real Dubstep that originated from Garage and 2step around 1999

I guess it's like any other genre of music then. 

For instance Rock 20 years ago doesn't sound like it does today yet both are considered rock music.

Marks said:
No, its complete shit. Its just noise, its not even music.

What the hell ever happened to rock and roll? Music today is just terrible. I wish I grew up in the 70's/80's.

That's just like your opinion man.

yo_john117 said:
Chroniczaaa said:
yo_john117 said:
miz1q2w3e said:

I guess it's like any other genre of music then. 

For instance Rock 20 years ago doesn't sound like it does today yet both are considered rock music.

Not a good comparison, Since rock from 20 years ago is completely gone and nothing at all sounds like it anymore, while original dubstep is still everywhere co-existing with the shit that should have never been made in the first place. Since you don't feel proper research on the subject is worth your time, Go ahead and believe that Scrillex is the king of the dubstep scene.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia