By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do You Like Dubstep..

Do You Like Dubstep

Yes 21 41.18%

It's OK 11 21.57%

No 12 23.53%

What is Dubstep??? 7 13.73%

Total:51
Chroniczaaa said:
yo_john117 said:
Chroniczaaa said:
yo_john117 said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Well it says dubstep on it so yes it is dubstep. Chances are if it has some "wa wa wa" sound to it then it's dubstep.

Don't let the haters tell you otherwise

This song here is what I think is the closest thing to actual dubstep (it takes about a minute to get it into the dubstep part) 

More like farthest thing away from dubstep. This isn't about hating or anything this is just about dudebros/posers Coming in quickly putting together low range frequencies and wobbles in 10 minutes and calling it something that it's not.

Skrillex, UKF, Zeds Dead, Flux Pavillion, Doctor P, Datsik, Nero - Brostep "Dubstep" Originated around 2007-2008

Kode 9, Coki, Skream, Benga, Plastician, Burial, Loefah, Digital Mystikz, Hatcha -Real Dubstep that originated from Garage and 2step around 1999

I guess it's like any other genre of music then. 

For instance Rock 20 years ago doesn't sound like it does today yet both are considered rock music.

Not a good comparison, Since rock from 20 years ago is completely gone and nothing at all sounds like it anymore, while original dubstep is still everywhere co-existing with the shit that should have never been made in the first place. Since you don't feel proper research on the subject is worth your time, Go ahead and believe that Scrillex is the king of the dubstep scene.

Your right I should have said "For instance rock 10-12 years ago doesn't sound like it does today yet both are considered rock music"

Your "original dubstep" is not still everywhere because the newer versions of dubstep are taking over the dubstep scene. Don't get me wrong you can still find classic dubstep easily enough much like you can find classic rock without trying to hard and in fact there are still some bands that make both classic dubstep and classic rock but in the grand scheme of things they are small fish (which BTW doesn't automatically make them bad)

The problem is that you can't look at this objectively. You obviously hate genres of music (like current dubstep) whilst I literally like EVERY type of music out there.

Around the Network

I'd rather Dnb over dubstep. Rythm is too slow for my taste. Good to chill in a middle of a mix though.

Why does everyone hate on Skrillex? He's not true dubstep for one, he's uses allot of different types of Electronic music in his works. However what he does is quite clean, and enjoyable. Saw him live a bit ago, was an amazing show. Zedd and Porter Robinson played with him.

Love me some Mimosa <3

Necromunda said:

Love me some Mimosa <3

That's a damn fine song.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
Marks said:
No, its complete shit. Its just noise, its not even music.

What the hell ever happened to rock and roll? Music today is just terrible. I wish I grew up in the 70's/80's.

That's just like your opinion man.

There are some good bands still but far less. Anyone can become famous these days with auto-tune and a half-decent beat. 

Marks said:
yo_john117 said:
Marks said:
No, its complete shit. Its just noise, its not even music.

What the hell ever happened to rock and roll? Music today is just terrible. I wish I grew up in the 70's/80's.

That's just like your opinion man.

There are some good bands still but far less. Anyone can become famous these days with auto-tune and a half-decent beat. 

I can't disagree with you on that but that doesn't make what they do bad. I find myself enjoying bands from all era's (even as far back as the 20's and 30's)

Ugh no, it hurts my ears. I dont see the fascination with it, but not everyone likes the music I like either so....

i guse

Chroniczaaa said:
yo_john117 said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Does this count??

If so, YES I love it <3

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp3UeCguVVI

Well it says dubstep on it so yes it is dubstep. Chances are if it has some "wa wa wa" sound to it then it's dubstep.

Don't let the haters tell you otherwise

This song here is what I think is the closest thing to actual dubstep (it takes about a minute to get it into the dubstep part) 

More like farthest thing away from dubstep. This isn't about hating or anything this is just about dudebros/posers Coming in quickly putting together low range frequencies and wobbles in 10 minutes and calling it something that it's not.

Skrillex, UKF, Zeds Dead, Flux Pavillion, Doctor P, Datsik, Nero - Brostep "Dubstep" Originated around 2007-2008

Kode 9, Coki, Skream, Benga, Plastician, Burial, Loefah, Digital Mystikz, Hatcha -Real Dubstep that originated from Garage and 2step around 1999

Newsflash: musical genres evolve and branch out. Don't like the direction your genre is going to? Tough luck, shit happens.