By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 best year? 6th year? FINAL UPDATE

Can 360 have its peak year in its 6th year?

Yep, easily. 246 34.84%

Nope, not a chance. 209 29.60%

Close, and it will just do it. 132 18.70%

Close, but it will just miss. 119 16.86%

Total:706

the way u made the chart its missing data from jan - now for 2010, i and im sure others would want to see what it was doing last year prior to this time to make the most accurate analysis

you could simply put the total somewhere in the chart like you did for 2011 with 4.3M

edit i see it at the bottom
woah? 360 is only up a few hundred K ( 3 to be exact) would of thought more since it set the record for fastest selling HW devise late last year, my analysis still stands though

i was the one to vote yes easily

Play Me

Around the Network

Yeah it will, Kinect will do better this holiday.

I said nope, not a chance.

Just for the record, I think there is a chance it could do it, but I just think there's a greater chance that it wont be close. Say... 75/25?

It's gonna lose way too much ground between now and September, I don't think a pricecut on 360/Kinect will be enough to combat the Slim/Fable/Reach/Kinect/$500 Million combo of last Year and the PS3 pricecut will also make the 360 less desirable across Europe, compared to how it was last Year.

It'll all come down to EoY price cut response, obviously we're heading in to a big deficit period cf 2010, that 290K buffer will be gone soon and it could become a 6-700K deficit by the time the price cut comes along. Should be interesting. I'm gonna sit on the fence here and say it's too close to call.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

kowenicki said:
BHR-3 said:
hell fucking yes

it timed the remodel right spike from remodel then again from price drop the year after also games like MW3 BF3 ME3 GoW3 aint gonna hurt it

why do you have it day month year ....1

why arent you including sales form jan 2011 you dont have to have each week just total or continue it till july 2012 a years a year

1. Because I'm English

2. Not sure what you mean?  the 2010 is Jan to end Dec...  2011 is also Jan to end Dec.

Those dates are wrong.  MS' year is July 1-June 30

Around the Network

Close, and it will just do it - but it will be behind up to black friday, I sense a very strong holiday for x360 :)

I doubt it.

I think it'll get there....just a smidge.

It will just miss it, a strong 2nd half like in 2010 outweighs a strong 1st one like this year.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
It will just miss it, a strong 2nd half like in 2010 outweighs a strong 1st one like this year.

They actually haven't been that strong compared to last year. They are only tracking above last year by 300k consoles sold.