By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Avengers (2012) New screenshots! update

Tagged games:

Are you going to see The Avengers in 2012?

Yes, If the world is still here 18 41.86%

Just Yes 11 25.58%

!!!!!!yes 8 18.60%

Maybe 0 0%

Probably not 2 4.65%

NO 0 0%

!!!!!no 0 0%

!!!!NO 0 0%

What is an Avenger? 2 4.65%

What is a movie? 2 4.65%

Total:43

I know, that no matter how much I want and no matter how much faith I have in Marvel Studios, I will not see Hank Pym or Janet Van Dyne in this film. If they are it will be pathetic cameos. They are the essential Avengers characters, their main book is Avengers, not their own title. Yet I know they'll be left out.

This is besides the fact Joss Whedon is making it so it's likely to be filled with crappy lines, bad shots and have plot points that aren't explained and make no sense for no reason then to stroke his inflated ego. 

Not seen Green Lantern... it's DC (I generally don't think DC characters make good movie material other then Batman as he has his relatable human side). :P

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Feniris said:
d21lewis said:
This summer, I had high hopes for Captain America and Green Lantern. I was a little "meh" about Thor and X-Men. I don't give a shit about Transformers after that last movie or Smurfs, either way. Well Green Lantern was a big green piece of shit (according to critics) and Captain America isn't doing much better. Meanwhile Thor and X-Men are critical darlings. What does all of this mean? If I'm hyped for it, it's going to suck.
me
With that said: I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE!! Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Black Widow, Hulk, all in the same movie!? HOLY SHIT!! They've taken all of these multi-million dollar franchises and comic book properties and combined them into one movie. I couldn't be more hyped!

If you haven't seen them both already, I would strongly recommend seeing Captain America, it's actually good.  (Better than Thor)

Green Lantern was shit. 

The only reason why Cap America is doing worse than Thor critically is it has way too much America positivity in it for overseas critics.  That's all. 

It's crazy.  Last week, I checked rotten tomatoes and Captain America was only 35% fresh.  I looked yesterday and 75% of critics gave it a positive review.  Now, I can't wait to see it.  Wish I'd have followed my instincts and seen it on Sunday.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed Captain America, though i can see how many might disregard it for being to American. But I also really enjoyed Thor, Iron Man and even Iron Man 2

So especially with Joss Wheedon in charge I am very much looking forward to Avengers

Ok, yesterday I completely geeked out in Marvel Studios' movies and watched Cap, Thor and Incredible Hulk all for the 2nd time. You know what? I liked each and every one of them even more than the 1st time. I've seen Iron Man 2 twice now and it improved as well. I need to hunt down IM now and watch it so I can confirm what I think I already have found: these are all really good movies!

But ... The Avengers? I'm not a exactly a Whedonite, but folks ... there is no better talent behind any of these movies than there is with The Avengers. To say I am excited and pumped is like as big of an understatement as saying I'm straight. I have a grand fear that there will be no other Marvel movie that will be as completely entertaining as it ... ever. I'm not a youngster anymore, but I can say that this may be the movie that I am the most excited for in my entire life. The only thing that could make it nuttier is if they announced that John Williams was doing the music (dream a little dream ...) and if Sony and Fox wised up and figured out the licensing red-tape so that Spidey and some of the FF & X-Men could have small cameos (now I'm just smoking crack).

It's a great time to be a Marvel comics fan that loves movies too.

The Fury said:

I know, that no matter how much I want and no matter how much faith I have in Marvel Studios, I will not see Hank Pym or Janet Van Dyne in this film. If they are it will be pathetic cameos. They are the essential Avengers characters, their main book is Avengers, not their own title. Yet I know they'll be left out.

This is besides the fact Joss Whedon is making it so it's likely to be filled with crappy lines, bad shots and have plot points that aren't explained and make no sense for no reason then to stroke his inflated ego. 

Not seen Green Lantern... it's DC (I generally don't think DC characters make good movie material other then Batman as he has his relatable human side). :P

That's what was bothering me. They do include Black Widow but not Ant Man or the Wasp...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

spurgeonryan said:

I think basically Iron Man is going to save this Franchise. I don't know if The Green Lantern is involved, but Thor and Captain America are not that big of draw either. If this movie does good then all of these other movies will do much better the next time around as more non-super hero comic fans will be participating in going to see it. Who here plans on watching it when it comes out?

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/movie/avengers/trailers/7578

Not going to happen.  Green Lantern is DC.  The Avengers is Marvel.  

Around the Network

Um yeah I will most certainly see this movie. I am a big comic fan anyways.Iron Man movies have done well in the box office. Thor did decent, and Captain America is also doing decent. It also looks like they will have some good villians from what I have been hearing.

I hope Hawkeye gets some good action since he didnt do anything in Thor lol

avenger will probably suck, just some special effects probably no story and with so many heroes there won't be any character development, I hope I'm wrong tho

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

I'm also bothered by the absence of The Ant man and the Wasp, but what you gonna do? In the Supremes, reading Cap beating the sh*t out of Hank was awesome.
That said, my fav formation is with Wolvie and Spidey. They should be able to trhow them in it, maybe? And then try a Civil war plot, who knows.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

aavidbacon said:
I'm also bothered by the absence of The Ant man and the Wasp, but what you gonna do? In the Supremes, reading Cap beating the sh*t out of Hank was awesome.
That said, my fav formation is with Wolvie and Spidey. They should be able to trhow them in it, maybe? And then try a Civil war plot, who knows.

Ugh, no. Wolverine's a walking plot tumor that monopolizes any media he appears in. Best to keep him far away, unless you want it to become "Wolverine and the Avengers"...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.