By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Post your game idea

DaColdFlash said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
A huge open world zombie RPG. (very original)
Fully customizable/upgradeable weapons + the ability to use many different things in the environment as weapons. Fully customizable/upgradeable vehicles (adding weapons/armor etc).
Very detailed world, most buildings can be entered.
The ability to form groups or "clans" with found survivors and create safehouses around the map.
Infected aren't the only enemy, rival "clans" or just batshit crazy survivors are also common enemies.
1 Large city with several small towns and plenty of rural area.
GTA-like mission structure.
Plenty of interesting or mysterious places to explore. e.g secluded/abandoned laboratories (source of infection?)
Some sort of light free running abilities.
First person perspective on foot and third person in vehicles.
Game begins in the panic/start of infection, everyone's running around going insane, huge battles between infected and human. (should die down within a couple hours of gameplay)
Different types of infected, depending on what they were like when they were human (athletic people being quicker than unfit). No unrealistic variations like giant zombies that spit out acid.

Yeah... I've thought about this quite a lot. It's not the most original premise, but I think some features make it unique. And if it were done right (not dead island) and preferably on next gen tech it could be brilliant.

To be honest that sounds like Dead Island.

Premise is pretty much the same. But Dead island doesn't really do it well. Actually, a lot of stuff in there isn't even in dead island:
customizable/upgradeable vehicles (adding weapons/armor etc). 
The ability to form groups or "clans" with found survivors and create safehouses around the map.
Infected aren't the only enemy, rival "clans" or just batshit crazy survivors are also common enemies.
Plenty of interesting or mysterious places to explore.
Some sort of light free running abilities.
Different types of infected, depending on what they were like when they were human (athletic people being quicker than unfit). No unrealistic variations like giant zombies that spit out acid.

And I'd want it to be on a much larger scale then dead island and has a real gritty/survival feeling to it. Dead island is really arcady and the map is actually quite small.

Around the Network

Like a couple of people, I have an idea that would probably be a phenomenon on the Pokemon level. I probably won't ever share it but greed prevents me from going into details.

sapphi_snake said:
You think I'd put my ideea on somw thread where anyone can steal it? Yeah, right...

not even a basic concept? just talk about the gere and give small detail's

Here's mine

Survival horror platformer
-NO zombies.

-Make it some gods temple or lair or something that bends the laws of physics and has his pest and monsters and rooms with a sky that seem like they could fit a small town and filled with traps and obstacles and stuff. Have it either the god kidnapped the person and they got out of their cage or the person is trying to steal something from the god and got over their head or something like that.

-No way to fight back, have to rely on platforming and if you get caught your character gets ripped apart.

-Have some point and click adventure and/or resident evil style puzzles and challenges.

-Have stuff like dragons and giant spiders and wolves and some original thinks chase you from time to time.

-Have an element of stealth so you can avoid being chased but if you screw up you have to run for your life through the challenges.

-Have either Mirror's Edge's style or if going third person make it like the chase scenes in warrior within.

Wii Music 2 for the wiiu with an onscreen piano.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Like a couple of people, I have an idea that would probably be a phenomenon on the Pokemon level.

How did you know?!

A war game:

• The player begins as a lowly private but has the ability to advance to higher ranks, even to command the whole army if he so wants. Or maybe he can start at a higher rank, I don't know. Doesn't matter, the point is that you can either stay as a soldier who goes through battles or become a high-ranked officer, essentially turning the game into a strategy game.
  • Battles are dynamic and don't have strictly pre-determined results. Combine this with a big game world.
  • RPG elements: I like them so they're in. To what extent, no idea atm.
  • There should preferably be a plot of some kind. I don't want a war game that's only about war and its horrors.
  • Gameplay is realistic enough to make the game challenging. NPCs are on equal level with the player, I hate it when the rules are different for the player and the NPCs.

Yeah, I think that's about it. I haven't looked into more exact details because obviously creating such a game would be quite challenging. It would require combining two genres succesfully in a big, dynamic world. On a side note, I haven't placed any requirements for the setting because it doesn't matter that much. There are some eras I absolutely hate but overall, the basic idea isn't dependant on any specific setting.

Another idea, a semi-realistic RPG:

• Big, dynamic game world here too.
  • Needs a fantasy setting, magic is pretty hard to explain otherwise. Besides, I like fantasy in games :P
  • A grand plot including scheming and threat of war, possibly even war. Plot is dynamic and can respond to what the player does.
  • The player can ignore the plot if he/she so wishes. Freedom is an important aspect.
  • Magic is based on concentration and spells taking some time to cast instead of MP. Obviously resting, including not casting spells, makes it easier to concentrate.
  • Spells can be extremely powerful but learning them can be quite hard.
  • Mages are generally weak physically to a point where they are almost doomed if a melee character gets close. Shield spells help but require a lot of concentration.
  • Melee isn't necessarily anything special. It's more like an action RPG or a God of War style fighting game with some RPG elements (strength affects damage, you can learn new skills, etc.). Player skill is a big factor instead of stats determining everything.
  • You're probably wondering about that semi-realistic part already. It's simple: you don't become a demigod simply by grinding. Experience and levels (or something like that) do make the character better but player skill should remain an important factor at all times. Battles should typically be lethal and quick, not something where you beat the enemy for minutes and he doesn't even seem to care.
  • Dunno if I have any other ideas for this one. I think you can get the idea already.

Yeah, this one shouldn't be that easy to create either. Still, not as hard as the war game idea either. Besides, right now I like this idea more :P

Oh, and I also like the mythology of Stargate a lot so something inspired by it could work too. Something with advanced races that existed before humans, their technology scattered all over the galaxy or even the universe. I haven't really given this one much thought yet. Obviously space is a huge thing for this though.

homer said:
Wii Music 2 for the wiiu with an onscreen piano.

The WiiU screen doesnt have multitouch I think. So this wont work.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

"A huge open world zombie RPG. (very original)"

Lol that was what I wanted to post unbelievable my idea was stolen already.

Lets see what else I can come up with.

Yeah a Massively online single player game. Practically you are alone in a world but the world can be influenced by other players. But you will only see the effects it has on your world not the other player themselfs... Or was that Nintendos idea ?

Ok since my Zombie RPG idea was already posted I have nothing.

Or maybe yes. Not a game but a great gadget for a console: A RC monstertruck with videocams build in and 3g module. You can practically drive it with your controller and you can see everything on your tv and you can remotecontrol him practically from everywhere in the world infinite reach (aslong as there is a 3g network).

After a second thought an RPG where you have to find out what the point is. No theme nothing. Just a guy in a flat in a city. You know nothing about yourself you have to find out which people you know where you work where your family is you have to watch TV read newspapers to find out what in the world you live in happens. You have to decide what path you are going to pursue. And what stuff you are going to learn to achieve your goals.