By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 will be last place this Holiday Season.

Xbox is already at $199.

Around the Network

Wait in America? Well duh.

Worldwide? I doubt it but no matter who wins it will be very close. Kinect wont be the must have hot seller it was last year and we all know it. PS3 has outsold 360 almost every week this year and I don't see that changing, or at least not for long, this year.

I think at that point in the gen.... the holliday season is highly driven by marketing PR and advertising..... so it will depend how they invade us in the different part of the world IMO..... but MS is always strong arround christmas.... so not sure PS3 will hold their leading weekly position approaching thanksgiving.... even ww

Zlejedi said:

well that map does seem pretty accurate. So I don't see how its relevent ~_~. Anyway yes xbox 360 could be the best seller these holidays worldwide, at least against the ps3. It was getting outsold far worse last year and still won the holidays. Sony doesn't have move or Gran Turismo to help their EMEAA sales these holidays so unless sony does a pricecut and microsoft doesn't match it, the 360 has a good shot at winning the holidays. 

Agreed with OP. But not necessarily for those reasons.

EDIT: But the Wii could end up last and PS3 2nd if Wii keeps dropping. I don't see it getting the same holiday boost it once used to now that a new system will be coming. The last price cut did not do much for it at all and came way too early for the holidays (unless they cut again to $99).

Around the Network

In US? I agree.

WW? No.

Zlejedi said:
FattyDingDong said:

I think PS3 will be last place this holiday season. Because Microsoft will advertise Kinect and Gears Of War 3, Xbox is outseling ps3 every week in America it will continue till at least 2013. There is nothing Sony can do to change that, if sony cuts the ps3's price to 199$  Microsoft will do the samething.

What do you gamers think?

this map is so full of win its ridiculous.

OT: i think Kinect will be the single biggest factor this fall but i'm not sure how big or if it will last the whole fall 2011 season, and sence there no mention of Nintendo.

2012-13 Kinect will not factor in at all.

i still think all consoles by the end of 2011 will come close to 16m for the YTD-and fiscal yr ending 2011.

at this point last place is anybody's.

I am not sure if Playstation will be last this hoiliday season but all consoles will do good.

I think the 360 will top the PS3 in worldwide sales this holiday season. There will be an enormous difference in the Americas numbers this year due to Halo CE, Gears 3 and CoD MW3 (all 3 being the 360's biggest titles). Also, I get a feeling that MS will cut the price of Kinect, and they will bundle the 360 with probably all 3 games that I listed at different times each. Not only that, but Kinect WILL fly off shelves this holiday season, especially if MS cuts the price. This large difference in the Americas will be capable of offsetting the PS3 lead in Japan and EMEAA, thus helping the 360 take first. I'm not so sure about the Wii, but since Wii sales go through the roof during the holidays, I expect it to outsell the PS3 WW as well. So for the holiday season, I predict 360>Wii>PS3, but all 3 consoles will be fairly close to one another.

Also, I don't see anything on the PS3 that can help propel its sales outside of a price-cut. Japan gets FFXIII-2, and the rest get... Uncharted 3? Neither one of them will be able to fend off the 360s big 3 (keep in mind MS will advertise CoD MW3 exclusively, and will bundle it with the console exclusively too).

No your wrong. Wii will be last WW. This holiday sales will be

360>PS3> Wii.

And to the people who posted and laughed at that picture of America being just plain ignorant you are pathetic. Way to troll an entire country which has bailed out / saved many many many lives. Get over it.