By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you like a dedicated Smash Bros. fightstick?

You will never master Street Fighter without this

In tournaments and stuff, you never see serious Street Fighter players with a regular controller. They alsways have a fightstick. It makes it easier to master the game, and is a good acessory for any fighter, including Smash Bros.. 

When Smash Bros. was announced for the Wii U, an important question rose. How will GCN controllers work with it. Most people I know prefer to Brawl with the Gamecube controller. The Wii U doesn't support them, so it will b a hard transition for those who are used to it. 

A dedicated fightstick would be a good idea because longtime Brawlers wouldn't have to adapt to the WIi U controller, and it would make the controls more flexible. The stick would be easier for anyone to use because it, well you know, lays the buttons in front of you.  It would also befefit because people will start to ee Smash Bros. as more of a serious fighter. I think that it is a good idea. 

Around the Network

hmm maybe but we havent got our hands on the controller to see how it would feel to us yet. Though im better with the wiimote and nun-chuck than I am with the gamecube controller. Though a dedicated stick similar to the gamecube controller would probably sell really well considering how much brawl sold and its tournament status i guess.

Slap Dr. Mario on it throwing pills and I'm sold! Actually, I am not sure what they should do. I believe there will be option to play it with WiiU controller, CC/CCP controllers, Wiimote and Wiimote/nuchuck combo. That right there is already 4 ways of playing the game. A dedicated controller would be nice for the serious Smash players.

I already have one, it's called a GameCube controller.

Edit: Seriously, depending on how accessible the right analog stick is on the WiiU controller I'll be alright. The Street Fighter style sticks wouldn't work for Smash, you really need something like the GC controller's C-Stick to perform.

Signature goes here!

Nah. I'm one of the wierdos who was fine with the Wiimote n' Nunchuk

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

A dedicated Gamecube controller that plugs into the back of a Wii Remote would be the best way to go.

No, unless it's a gamecube controller then yes.

Why don't they ditch the horrid classic controller, and remake the the gcn controller for the WiiU? They could fix the triggers and add L3 and R3 buttons. They could let us use that for shooters, vc games, and other games. It could plug into the wiimote or even just be wireless. I honestly wouldn't mind paying extra for that.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Mr Khan said:

Yeah, I dunno why people hated it so much, it was more practical and comfortable.

morenoingrato said:
Mr Khan said:

Yeah, I dunno why people hated it so much, it was more practical and comfortable.

Because they had years of experience with the GC controller, and discovered they couldn't do as well with this new controller because it was new.

Personally, I only started using the wiimote+nunchuk as a way to handicap myself against some of my friends. But then I found after a few dozen hours of playing that way, I was actually better with the w+n.