By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Can a movement similar to fascism emerge in the US?

Can a movement similar to fascism emerge in the US?

Yes 67 56.78%

No 21 17.80%

Not a "movement sim... 27 22.88%

Total:115
Player1x3 said:

''the fact shows that you are wrong'' - So someone being a Christian automatically makes him wrong at the discussion? Yeah the FACT that you think that shows that you have irrational and disturbing hate of Christians

Point One:  Since you're a Christian and you're religion is wrong that makes you wrong when making a statement like "Our Nation is ruled by God's Laws" because your God doesn't exist.  He was just a literary creation of an author about 3,000 years ago based on earlier Gods.  I think it's quite rational for me to accept the fact that you're wrong without hating you.

I believe he said that in the constitituion it says that american laws are God given. Or maybe he meant moral laws. And your ''fact'' that God doesnt exist is just as relevant and good as the tree my cow uses to wipe her ass with. And what the Hell do you mean by ''bringing God back to the country''?  America is alrady religious country as it is, no matter how much you hate the fact.

Well, the Founding Fathers left off their writing of the Constitution with the fact that it should allow room for Ammendments so that over time as more knowledge about how the world actually happens to be, then changes could be written into The Constitution to reflect those new ideas.  Probably much like the Bible's J author, The Founding Fathers didn't think their Documents were written in stone much as you strict Constitutionalists do  So, since it was discovered about 80 years later than the Constitution was written that their might be other explanations for things, then the Founders might not have written what has become inflammatory references about God into the Constitution.  

The country needs to move away from religion since it fosters a perfect slave system of many people that never really work for the betterment of themselves as they're expecting Jesus to return any day now, so they reject something like Obama's health care plan which might actually bring beneficial changes to their lives.   It's the folks I've seen on Tea Party Rallies holding up signs about bringing God back into everything that make me wonder what they mean.  No doubt, they should be able to follow their religions in private and let them die out while leaving everybody else alone so that they can have all the freedoms that every citizen of this nation should have the right to enjoy far from the scrutiny of religious types.

I beleive he was argung the liberal bias some of the proffesors at the universites have, not that he hates them. But than again, not like you insane hatred towards Christianity could make you see things the way they are

I don't have an insane hatred towards Christianity.  I just know that very often if you look at the past, then you can see how the future will go.  And, if you look at the history of the Christian Church, then you can very much see how it would go if they had their way again.  And no doubt even today, they do want to interfere in other people's lives like preventing gays from getting married or women from having abortions.

Or perhaps you cant distinguish the difference between the institutions of Christianity (the church) and the Christianity itself?  Not to mention you judged the group of 2.2 billion people by the actions of some of the kingdoms that killed eople 700 years ago.

I can distinguish between the teachings of Christianity and Christianity itself.  But really its main source document advocates stoning gays to death and killing witches (and everyone in Cannaan so the Hebrews can have the land).  Even Jesus is allowed to say in the Bible that he came with a sword and that he didn't come to do away with the teachings of prophets that believed that people should kill gays and witches (even though he did say let him without sin cast the first stone to some priests that were going to stone an adulterous woman to death -- such a stoning would have been advocated by scriptures themselves.)

There is some research data that shows that many of those that profess to believe in The Bible have never read it.  Perhaps that's why they hold on to its teachings.

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
EdHieron said:
Player1x3 said:
EdHieron said:
MrBubbles said:
EdHieron said:
osamanobama said:
sapphi_snake said:
mrstickball said:
sapphi_snake said:
mrstickball said:

Wrong.

Modern day conservatives want liberty and freedom - but primarily for market sectors, and not personal sectors. That is 'conservative' as most nations have had less regulation/economic controls in the past, thus they want to 'conserve' this. Likewise, most personal freedoms have been restricted in the past, thus want to 'conserve' it.

Likewise, modern day liberals want the opposite of this - market restrictions and personal freedoms.

Well, economic liberalism is only a small part of overall liberalism. Overall conservatives still don't care much for freedom or liberty.

Given that you've never held a job, run a business, or hired anyone, I believe you don't know enough about the subject to make such an assertion.

Economic liberty to those that work, employ people, or run a business is just as valid as those that engage in personal liberties. Furthermore, heavily liberal ideologies also support redistribution of all workers' incomes in various fashions means that they are directly pre-empting your work with their own views of where your livelihood should go. Additionally, it means in some cases, you may or may not buy certain goods or services to which they deem are improper for society (such as fatty food taxes, wage and salary caps by economic sector, price controls). These things are just as egregious as the state deciding who you can marry, what you can say in a public domain, what you may smoke or drink, and the like.

I actually don't think they're on the same level. And if I have to choose, I'll choose the side that's defending what I care about more. Still, conservatives are hardly liberal even in economic matters. They're the chief opponents of things like legalizing drugs or prostitution, and unlike liberals who give somewhat compelling reasons for things they want to restrict/ban something, conservatives base their arguments on irrational things like religion (basically their dislike of personal freedoms extends in the economical sphere also).

liberals (in america) are completely inconsistant in what they value as rights, it constintly changes in order to gain a bigger voter base. they pander and change just so they can get votes.

and in our country our rights are God given, not by government

God doesn't exist.

if you are going to make such definitive statements on the subject you must have definitive proof...? 

Well, in the big picture of things if you're talking about some generic deistic God, then I don't have any proof that such a god doesn't exist other than the fact that if there was one you would think that it would show itself in some fashion which it has never done.

If on the other hand you're implying as most people seem to do and as Osamanobama was that that "God" is Yahweh and that Yahweh was the father of Jesus and the creator of everything in the universe and all people must follow his laws or go to Hell some day, then I would consider the fact that since Yahweh was just a literary invention of the Bible's J author and based upon a hodgepodge of other earlier Egyptian and Mesoptamian Gods, then I would say that that is definitive proof that God meaning Yahweh the God of Judeao-Christianity  and Islam and that most American Conservatives claim is God definitely doesn't exist.

Oh, here it is folks! The open minded, freedom loving,  tolerant liberal has SPOKEN! Listen to this voice of reason or face the fury of the judgement that he so heavly accuses Christians of !!!!

Well, I am convinced !!!!! Thats such a compeling evidence, I dont know how could have I been so blind! Thank you for opening my eyes with this remarkable post !!!!!

But seriously, thats has to be the most ignorant thing I have ever read in my whole life. And I know I said this few times back, but this time I actually mean this

Oh, I guess it's only ignorant because you haven't done the proper research.  I bet you haven't even had one class in Higher Biblical Criticism at a major university.  That would really explain why you have no idea as to how the Bible was actually written.

Here are a few links to help you come out of your cloud of ignorance:

On How Yahweh was based on earlier Gods from the Mesopotamian and Egyptian regions:

http://www.karenlyster.com/sitchina.html (note:  I definitely don't come to the same conclusions as Sitchin but he does a good job of demonstration how the earlier Sumerian religion influenced the later Hebrew one's conception of its God).

On The J author -- the original author of the Torah that invented Yahweh from a hodgepodge of the earlier Gods of that region ( http://www.thesatirist.com/books/BookOfJ.html )

On the Documentary Hypothesis and further elaboration upon how The Torah was conceived (before it's completion four other authors or schools of authors were instrumental in bringing The Bible to its final form (The E author that felt that the J author was wrong in only having one of the gods in her version of the Bible and the later three groups of priestly authors that brought The Bible back to including only one God as it's easier to control the populace when they're only following one God and following the example of ancient Egypt knew that if you could control a populace's beliefs then you could control their actions added most of the laws that are included in The Old Testament)

Wellhausen -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Wellhausen

Massey -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Massey

On The Documentary Hypothesis of the construction of The Torah -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Documentary_hypothesis

Next time due a bit of study and research so that you won't be so surprised when a new idea to you that you consider to be ignorant actually turns out to be true.

That only suggestes (it doesnt prove) that Torah was written during different periods of time .Symbolics in todays abrahamic religions are from pagan religions - no one is denying that. But the specifics of an abrahamic God (which is the God christians worship) were originally presented to mankind by Moses. And the linking of pagan Gods to an abrahamic one has already been debunked dozens of times by now. Its something simmilar to what Zeitgeist tried to pull off and failed hardly

http://conspiracies.skepticproject.com/articles/zeitgeist/part-one/

That link should show why linking pagan gods and saints to an abrahamic God is dumb

Even in one of those articles it says that Yehweh bears little resemblance of the God Christians worship, so its very likely that they had no idea who Yahweh was or they mixed them up with some of the pagan figures. Pagan symbolics are present in todays abrahaic religions - but not the concep of God himself.

Actually, I haven't looked into Zeitgeist that closely, however, if most of its critics happen to be Chritsians, in my opinion that wouldn't be indicative of its failing hard.  And all that you have to do to see the much earlier Sumerian influence on the religion of the Hebrews is go back and read the Babylonian and Sumerian texts which are very much in existance today.  Yahweh is very much based on Ea and Enki and to some extent on the Egyptian monotheistic traditions started by the Egyptian King Akhenaten and by the Persian Zoroaster.  As widely regarded a figure as Sugmund Freud believed Moses to have been a priest of Akhenaten's order. 

At any rate it's well known today (and has been for over two centuries see America's Founding Father Thomas Paine's Age of Reason) that Moses didn't write the first five books of the Bible As for the Documentary Hypothesis, without a doubt, it is very much the accepted scholarly notion of how The Bible was written and is taught in every major university and Howard Bloom author of the Book of J is a highly distinguished professor at Yale University.  One could lable someone like Gerald Massey or Acharya S. as being a bit pseudoscientific perhaps though I think it would mainly be the Christians or someone with stock in the Christian religion that would want to do so. However, a book that has long been without scholarly reproach Sir James G. Frazier's The Golden Bough covers the same ground and though considered to be a bit dated is very much considered an authoritative work dealing with much the same material.

EdHieron said:
Player1x3 said:
EdHieron said:
osamanobama said:
EdHieron said:
MrBubbles said:
EdHieron said:
MrBubbles said:
EdHieron said:
osamanobama said:
sapphi_snake said:
mrstickball said:
sapphi_snake said:
mrstickball said:

i would agree so far as to say that should god exist he is not likely to be as described in the texts of those religions.

but i dont see how it was all that relevant to his point and that you just wanted a god argument.  its easily interpreted in a secular and agreeable way.  every human at (i would say conception but we can go with birth for the sake of this topic) has basic human rights.  that those rights dont cease to exist or change just because some government says so.    these rights should be the base of how society works and that, for example, creating things to the effect of "the right to not be offended by someone" by politicians to gain votes withing certain communities is obscene.

It's relevant in that Osamanobama was saying that his God Yahweh is supposed to be in charge of everything in the US and that universities that teach evolution are anti-Yahweh (when there is no real reason to be Pro Yahweh aka "God") and that Osamanobama is emblematic of the types of people that think Fox News a station with a heavy Pro God / Yahweh bias is fair and balanced.  As the pro Yahweh crowd are the ones in danger of leading this country down the road to fascism or totalitarianism.

I find it obsence when public policies are made that prevent others from being able to have all of the personal freedoms that they should have like not allowing women to be in charge of their own bodies, supporting one faction (or two) factions in The Middle East when all three sides are to blame and none of them any more right in their beliefs than Yanammanno tribesman fighting in the South American jungle over which one is more magical and being allowed to jeapordize the whole world while doing so because the Christians, Jews, and Muslems have more potent spears than the Yanammano, or denying others the right to do things that would harm no one else and that should be their rights as much as anyone else's -- gay marriage -- due to the bigoted teachings in a book that lost most of its claim to be any kind of a reliable source long ago.

apparently me being a Christian, has blinded you with hatred so my entire points in this thread have flew right over your head.

to address you simpleton misunderstandings

-never said God is supposed to be in charge of everything in the US

-never said universities teaching evolution are lying or anti-God, in fact never even mentioned evolution

-nearly every anchor of every news station claims to be a Christian, this is no different at Fox, and their faith almosts always has absolutely nothing to do with whats being reported.

-you have an irrational fear and hatred to Christians

Oh, you're being a Christian doesn't make me hate you.  That fact just shows how wrong you are.

"You Simpleton" -- looks like you really didn't even bother to learn grammar in school there, bud..  Really flying over my head there.  Not.

-- You said the laws in this nation we're "God given" when in fact they're not as your God doesn't exist.  Its people at Tea Party realities holding up signs about how we need to get God back in our country that demonstrate the Tea Party's intentions on that score.

--You might not have mentioned evolution, however, since you have a firm belief in God and a blatant disregard for universities it's easy to see they're definitely teaching something that you disagree with.  So, I guess you're fine with Universities teaching the truth that there's nothing more than mythology to the old religions as well as Evolution?

I beleive he was argung the liberal bias some of the proffesors at the universites have, not that he hates them. But than again, not like you insane hatred towards Christianity could make you see things the way they are

--Funny seeing as how they very often have various priests and preachers come on to all of the shows on Fox at least on a weekly basis.  You don't see priests and preachers on a weekly basis during most of their news programming. 

I dont watch fox, cant comment on this.

-- Anybody that has looked at the history of Christianity and that understands how they want to impose their God on everyone else's personal activities should at the very least have a healthy skepticism of the good intentions of Christians.

Or perhaps you cant distinguish the difference between the institutions of Christianity (the church) and the Christianity itself?  Not to mention you judged the group of 2.2 billion people by the actions of some of the kingdoms that killed eople 700 years ago.

''the fact shows that you are wrong'' - So someone being a Christian automatically makes him wrong at the discussion? Yeah the FACT that you think that shows that you have irrational and disturbing hate of Christians

Point One:  Since you're a Christian and you're religion is wrong that makes you wrong when making a statement like "Our Nation is ruled by God's Laws" because your God doesn't exist.  He was just a literary creation of an author about 3,000 years ago based on earlier Gods.  I think it's quite rational for me to accept the fact that you're wrong without hating you.

There is no proof that my God doesnt exist. Until you show the evidence that says so, your argument '#your God doesnt exist'# is useless. The abrahaic God is different than earlier gods in almost every way.

Good thing pointing at gramer on the internet. it will always help you win a debate

Point two:  Couldn't bother to look up one word, huh?

why would I? Is it relevant to the discussion?

I believe he said that in the constitituion it says that american laws are God given. Or maybe he meant moral laws. And your ''fact'' that God doesnt exist is just as relevant and good as the tree my cow uses to wipe her ass with. And what the Hell do you mean by ''bringing God back to the country''?  America is alrady religious country as it is, no matter how much you hate the fact.

Well, the Founding Fathers left off their writing of the Constitution with the fact that it should allow room for Ammendments so that over time as more knowledge about how the world actually happens to be, then changes could be written into The Constitution to reflect those new ideas.  Probably much like the Bible's J author, The Founding Fathers didn't think their Documents were written in stone much as you strict Constitutionalists do  So, since it was discovered about 80 years later than the Constitution was written that their might be other explanations for things, then the Founders might not have written what has become inflammatory references about God into the Constitution.  

Whatever your opinnion on their writings was, the fact remains that the constitituion says the laws come from the God. And what exaclty did chnage about God so that american constitution must be rewritten?  And Bible's (Bible is the New testament) authors were people around Jesus, his followers and apostolles, as its already been confirmed, Jesus Christ is a historiclly proven person.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_Bible#New_Testament

The country needs to move away from religion since it fosters a perfect slave system of many people that never really work for the betterment of themselves as they're expecting Jesus to return any day now, so they reject something like Obama's health care plan which might actually bring beneficial changes to their lives.   It's the folks I've seen on Tea Party Rallies holding up signs about bringing God back into everything that make me wonder what they mean.  No doubt, they should be able to follow their religions in private and let them die out while leaving everybody else alone so that they can have all the freedoms that every citizen of this nation should have the right to enjoy far from the scrutiny of religious types.

So you, like all other atheists I know, like to focus on small minority of fundamentalists and fanatics and totally ignore all the other reasonable normal people who follow Christianity to benefit your own hateful and ignorant thoughts and beliefs of Christianity, because you hate it so much? Isnt this extremly irrational and biased?  How about you star being objective for a while and look at the bigger picture. I am fine with you hating on them, in fact, i dont like them either, they give other people bad name, but when you try and judge the group of 2.2 billion people based on actions of a small miniroty of people, thats what pisses me off. And let me tell you, Christianity is the ost liberal abrahamic religion in the world.

I don't have an insane hatred towards Christianity.  I just know that very often if you look at the past, then you can see how the future will go.  And, if you look at the history of the Christian Church, then you can very much see how it would go if they had their way again.  And no doubt even today, they do want to interfere in other people's lives like preventing gays from getting married or women from having abortions.

Oh please, the reason Middle Ages was as bloody as it was, was the collapse of roman empire and foundation of lots of less civilized kingdoms and tribes that only used Christiany as a tool to make people go to war for them. And I am not defending the church at all, as I dont follow one, I am defending Christian relligion and its innocence during history. I do NOT wish the church to rule over a country, but I would never ever go forbid a religion in any country, like you would

Or perhaps you cant distinguish the difference between the institutions of Christianity (the church) and the Christianity itself?  Not to mention you judged the group of 2.2 billion people by the actions of some of the kingdoms that killed eople 700 years ago.

I can distinguish between the teachings of Christianity and Christianity itself.  But really its main source document advocates stoning gays to death and killing witches (and everyone in Cannaan so the Hebrews can have the land).What? God and Jesus Christ comanded no such thing. Again, learn the difference between Christianity (New testament, teachings of Christ) and Judism( Old testament, Book of Levitcus and others)  Even Jesus is allowed to say in the Bible that he came with a sword HOLY CRAP, HE SAID THE WORD SWORD, WHAT A MONSTER THAT MAN WAS, HE IS THE SOURCE OF ALL EVIL !!!!!and that he didn't come to do away with the teachings of prophetsHe said he is here to accomplish the coandments of Moses which he did by givng 2 golden rules of Christianity that believed that people should kill gays and witches (even though he did say let him without sin cast the first stone to some priests that were going to stone an adulterous woman to death -- such a stoning would have been advocated by scriptures themselves.)Doesnt that tell you something? Like the fact that HE WAS AGAINST STONING??????

There is some research data that shows that many of those that profess to believe in The Bible have never read it.  Perhaps that's why they hold on to its teachings.

EdHieron said:
Player1x3 said:
EdHieron said:
Player1x3 said:
EdHieron said:
MrBubbles said:
EdHieron said:
osamanobama said:
sapphi_snake said:
mrstickball said:
sapphi_snake said:
mrstickball said:

Wrong.

Modern day conservatives want liberty and freedom - but primarily for market sectors, and not personal sectors. That is 'conservative' as most nations have had less regulation/economic controls in the past, thus they want to 'conserve' this. Likewise, most personal freedoms have been restricted in the past, thus want to 'conserve' it.

Likewise, modern day liberals want the opposite of this - market restrictions and personal freedoms.

Well, economic liberalism is only a small part of overall liberalism. Overall conservatives still don't care much for freedom or liberty.

Given that you've never held a job, run a business, or hired anyone, I believe you don't know enough about the subject to make such an assertion.

Economic liberty to those that work, employ people, or run a business is just as valid as those that engage in personal liberties. Furthermore, heavily liberal ideologies also support redistribution of all workers' incomes in various fashions means that they are directly pre-empting your work with their own views of where your livelihood should go. Additionally, it means in some cases, you may or may not buy certain goods or services to which they deem are improper for society (such as fatty food taxes, wage and salary caps by economic sector, price controls). These things are just as egregious as the state deciding who you can marry, what you can say in a public domain, what you may smoke or drink, and the like.

I actually don't think they're on the same level. And if I have to choose, I'll choose the side that's defending what I care about more. Still, conservatives are hardly liberal even in economic matters. They're the chief opponents of things like legalizing drugs or prostitution, and unlike liberals who give somewhat compelling reasons for things they want to restrict/ban something, conservatives base their arguments on irrational things like religion (basically their dislike of personal freedoms extends in the economical sphere also).

liberals (in america) are completely inconsistant in what they value as rights, it constintly changes in order to gain a bigger voter base. they pander and change just so they can get votes.

God doesn't exist.

if you are going to make such definitive statements on the subject you must have definitive proof...? 

Well, in the big picture of things if you're talking about some generic deistic God, then I don't have any proof that such a god doesn't exist other than the fact that if there was one you would think that it would show itself in some fashion which it has never done.

If on the other hand you're implying as most people seem to do and as Osamanobama was that that "God" is Yahweh and that Yahweh was the father of Jesus and the creator of everything in the universe and all people must follow his laws or go to Hell some day, then I would consider the fact that since Yahweh was just a literary invention of the Bible's J author and based upon a hodgepodge of other earlier Egyptian and Mesoptamian Gods, then I would say that that is definitive proof that God meaning Yahweh the God of Judeao-Christianity  and Islam and that most American Conservatives claim is God definitely doesn't exist.

Oh, here it is folks! The open minded, freedom loving,  tolerant liberal has SPOKEN! Listen to this voice of reason or face the fury of the judgement that he so heavly accuses Christians of !!!!

Well, I am convinced !!!!! Thats such a compeling evidence, I dont know how could have I been so blind! Thank you for opening my eyes with this remarkable post !!!!!

But seriously, thats has to be the most ignorant thing I have ever read in my whole life. And I know I said this few times back, but this time I actually mean this

Oh, I guess it's only ignorant because you haven't done the proper research.  I bet you haven't even had one class in Higher Biblical Criticism at a major university.  That would really explain why you have no idea as to how the Bible was actually written.

On How Yahweh was based on earlier Gods from the Mesopotamian and Egyptian regions:

http://www.karenlyster.com/sitchina.html (note:  I definitely don't come to the same conclusions as Sitchin but he does a good job of demonstration how the earlier Sumerian religion influenced the later Hebrew one's conception of its God).

On The J author -- the original author of the Torah that invented Yahweh from a hodgepodge of the earlier Gods of that region ( http://www.thesatirist.com/books/BookOfJ.html )

On the Documentary Hypothesis and further elaboration upon how The Torah was conceived (before it's completion four other authors or schools of authors were instrumental in bringing The Bible to its final form (The E author that felt that the J author was wrong in only having one of the gods in her version of the Bible and the later three groups of priestly authors that brought The Bible back to including only one God as it's easier to control the populace when they're only following one God and following the example of ancient Egypt knew that if you could control a populace's beliefs then you could control their actions added most of the laws that are included in The Old Testament)

On The Documentary Hypothesis of the construction of The Torah -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Documentary_hypothesis

Next time due a bit of study and research so that you won't be so surprised when a new idea to you that you consider to be ignorant actually turns out to be true.

That only suggestes (it doesnt prove) that Torah was written during different periods of time .Symbolics in todays abrahamic religions are from pagan religions - no one is denying that. But the specifics of an abrahamic God (which is the God christians worship) were originally presented to mankind by Moses. And the linking of pagan Gods to an abrahamic one has already been debunked dozens of times by now. Its something simmilar to what Zeitgeist tried to pull off and failed hardly

That link should show why linking pagan gods and saints to an abrahamic God is dumb

Even in one of those articles it says that Yehweh bears little resemblance of the God Christians worship, so its very likely that they had no idea who Yahweh was or they mixed them up with some of the pagan figures. Pagan symbolics are present in todays abrahaic religions - but not the concep of God himself.

Actually, I haven't looked into Zeitgeist that closely, however, if most of its critics happen to be Chritsians, in my opinion that wouldn't be indicative of its failing hard.  And all that you have to do to see the much earlier Sumerian influence on the religion of the Hebrews is go back and read the Babylonian and Sumerian texts which are very much in existance today.  Yahweh is very much based on Ea and Enki and to some extent on the Egyptian monotheistic traditions started by the Egyptian King Akhenaten and by the Persian Zoroaster.  As widely regarded a figure as Sugmund Freud believed Moses to have been a priest of Akhenaten's order. 

As for the Documentary Hypothesis, without a doubt, it is very much the accepted scholarly notion of how The Bible was written and is taught in every major university and Howard Bloom author of the Book of J is a highly distinguished professor at Yale University.  One could lable someone like Gerald Massey or Acharya S. as being a bit pseudoscientific perhaps though I think it would mainly be the Christians or someone with stock in the Christian religion that would want to do so. However, a book that has long been without scholarly reproach Sir James G. Frazier's The Golden Bough covers the same ground and though considered to be a bit dated is very much considered an authoritative work dealing with much the same material.

So your argument for defending Zeitgeist is that Christians were debunking it so it has to be wrong? Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?  Go read that article and if you want, I can show you a set of videos that debunk Zeitgests's connection of mosses to other people from pagan religions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NElDmGdBOoI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prbuPh4tj-E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOmIDNd8e20

These are only small, short and fast debunkings, but for the full disprovmment of linking Christianity to pagan religions see the link here

Like I said before, pagan symbolics are largely present in Christianity, but the claims that Christianity originated from pagan religions has been debunked quite the few times already

Player1X3 said: "There is no proof that my God doesnt exist. Until you show the evidence that says so, your argument '#your God doesnt exist'# is useless. The abrahaic God is different than earlier gods in almost every way."

I said: Can you demonstrate that with some kind of scholarly evidence? Just saying so doesn't make it true and if you go back and look at Genesis, for example, you see that Yahweh was very much behaving in the Flood narrative exactly as Ea and Enki were doing in the earlier Sumerian version except for the fact that in the later work contained in Genesis Yahweh is one God displaying the personality characteristics of the two earlier Sumerian Gods which makes sense if one assumes that religion evolves from polytheism to monotheism due to the fact that Monotheism makes it easier to control the people.

Player1X3 said:
"When the Founders might not have written what has become inflammatory references about God into the Constitution.
Whatever your opinnion on their writings was, the fact remains that the constitituion says the laws come from the God. And what exaclty did chnage about God so that american constitution must be rewritten? And Bible's (Bible is the New testament) authors were people around Jesus, his followers and apostolles, as its already been confirmed, Jesus Christ is a historiclly proven person.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_Bible"

I Said: On The Constitution, even if they wrote about God in The Constitution, there's no reason to think they would have if they had been born a couple of hundred years later and gone to the best schools in the land. Matter of fact being Enlightenment era thinkers they probably would not have done so and seeing as how they left rooms for Ammendments to have been made to the Constitution after their time, then they probably wouldn't have minded too much if someone had removed them following the scientific advances of the 19th Century. As a matter of fact if one reads Founding Father Thomas Paine's "The Age of Reason" wherein he states that he believes in God but nothing that humans have ever written about him and Jesus as well for that matter; then one would have expected them to have anticipated such a removal of those types of passages.

Nevertheless The Founding Fathers' writing about God's Laws wouldn't make God any the more when all scientific evidence says he doesn't exist.

As for Jesus as a historical person: Most of The New Testament books weren't written until about 30 to 40 years after Jesus died and there's really no way to know if they were historically accurate as to what they had to say about Jesus. A lot of evidence says that some of the Gnostic Gospels that were excluded from The Bible at The Council of Nicea in 315 CE due to Constantine's wanting to co-op the religion as many before him did to create his own system of keeping the people in line that were quite a bit more radical in their thinking than anything contained in The Bible were actually closer in line to what Jesus had to say than were the Synoptic (accepted) Gospels.

At any rate no outside authority (other than some disputed passages in Josephus) had much to say about whether or not Jesus was a real historical figure. I think the only hard evidence for Jesus' physical existence is his tomb in the Jerusalem Museum which a lot of authorities want to dispute, however, it is really the only hard evidence for Jesus being an actual person. However, The Jerusalem Crypt is certainly not an empty tomb and as there are ashes and bone chips belonging to Jesus in it, it's pretty apparent if you accept the only real evidence for his existence that Jesus didn't do such a good job of raising from the dead after three days.

"So you, like all other atheists I know, like to focus on small minority of fundamentalists and fanatics and totally ignore all the other reasonable normal people who follow Christianity to benefit your own hateful and ignorant thoughts and beliefs of Christianity, because you hate it so much? Isnt this extremly irrational and biased? How about you star being objective for a while and look at the bigger picture. I am fine with you hating on them, in fact, i dont like them either, they give other people bad name, but when you try and judge the group of 2.2 billion people based on actions of a small miniroty of people, thats what pisses me off. And let me tell you, Christianity is the ost liberal abrahamic religion in the world."

If they exist in those numbers yet they're letting the much smaller group of fanatics etc, still do as they please, then they're still towing the party line which doesn't do much to raise my opinion of them.

Player1X3: "Oh please, the reason Middle Ages was as bloody as it was, was the collapse of roman empire and foundation of lots of less civilized kingdoms and tribes that only used Christiany as a tool to make people go to war for them. And I am not defending the church at all, as I dont follow one, I am defending Christian relligion and its innocence during history. I do NOT wish the church to rule over a country, but I would never ever go forbid a religion in any country, like you would"

Yeah 100,000s of thousands of dead folks due to a religion's main scriptures makes it absolutely innocent. Many people died simply because they choice to follow a different God than Yahweh as forbidden in the very first of the Ten Commandments.

Player1X3 said: "(and everyone in Cannaan so the Hebrews can have the land).What? God and Jesus Christ comanded no such thing. Again, learn the difference between Christianity (New testament, teachings of Christ) and Judism( Old testament, Book of Levitcus and others) "

I said: According to the Bible Yahweh very much commanded The Israelites that they could have the Holy Land as their possession as long as they would kill all of the people already living there (which has its echoes in the displacement of the American Indians from their land by the American Colonialists and the destruction of the Meso-American Indians by The Spanish Conquistadores) .

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
EdHieron said:
Player1x3 said:
EdHieron said:
Player1x3 said:
EdHieron said:
MrBubbles said:
EdHieron said:
osamanobama said:
sapphi_snake said:
mrstickball said:
sapphi_snake said:
mrstickball said:

Wrong.

God doesn't exist.

As for the Documentary Hypothesis, without a doubt, it is very much the accepted scholarly notion of how The Bible was written and is taught in every major university and Howard Bloom author of the Book of J is a highly distinguished professor at Yale University.  One could lable someone like Gerald Massey or Acharya S. as being a bit pseudoscientific perhaps though I think it would mainly be the Christians or someone with stock in the Christian religion that would want to do so. However, a book that has long been without scholarly reproach Sir James G. Frazier's The Golden Bough covers the same ground and though considered to be a bit dated is very much considered an authoritative work dealing with much the same material.

So your argument for defending Zeitgeist is that Christians were debunking it so it has to be wrong? Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?  Go read that article and if you want, I can show you a set of videos that debunk Zeitgests's connection of mosses to other people from pagan religions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NElDmGdBOoI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prbuPh4tj-E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOmIDNd8e20

These are only small, short and fast debunkings, but for the full disprovmment of linking Christianity to pagan religions see the link here

Like I said before, pagan symbolics are largely present in Christianity, but the claims that Christianity originated from pagan religions has been debunked quite the few times already

Like I said above it wasn't Moses that wrote The Five Books of the Torah which is the entire foundation of the Judeao-Christian.  The Documentary Hypothesis is the accepted Scholarly notion of how those Books were written.  And Judeao-Christianity very much did come out of the Egyptian Slave tradition. What the J author originally intended as a literary chronicle of her family's history was redacted first by the Elohist school of authors that felt that the J author did a disservice to their religion by removing all of the older gods which is why you still find passages discussing multiple Gods and God described as "We" and "Us" in the early pages of Genesis in material written later than the J author wrote her primary text.

And following the example of Ancient Egypt (whether consciously or unconsciously) the three priestly schools have writers that finished the Torah's construction by adding all the Laws  that you find in it to construct a system for keeping the people in line.

And Constantine in his turn co-opted Christianity in much the same way when he chose to convert the Roman Empire into The Catholic Church to trap people under a system of belief rather than having to deal with barbarians at his gate.  It doesn't really matter if Christianity grew out of Pagan Religions (there's no doubt that Hebraism which is the basis for the whole system did) or just co-opted their symbols to get their followers into the fold.  The truth is since The Gospels weren't written until about 30 to 40 years after the death of Jesus (and were later re-edited by the Catholics for political reasons), nobody knows what Jesus really had to say (judging by books like The Gospel of Thomas he was probably just a socialistic philosopher not happy about the way the priests were using the religion to make money off the poor people),  and he definitely wasn't the divine offspring of a God that happened to be a literary creation based on earlier gods as part of a literary story (which even at the time it was first written was so disputed that it had to be rewritten over 1,000 years by The Elohist and Priestly Schools) by an author 1,000 years before his birth.

Player1X3 said: "There is no proof that my God doesnt exist. Until you show the evidence that says so, your argument '#your God doesnt exist'# is useless. The abrahaic God is different than earlier gods in almost every way."

I said: Can you demonstrate that with some kind of scholarly evidence? Just saying so doesn't make it true and if you go back and look at Genesis, for example, you see that Yahweh was very much behaving in the Flood narrative exactly as Ea and Enki were doing in the earlier Sumerian version except for the fact that in the later work contained in Genesis Yahweh is one God displaying the personality characteristics of the two earlier Sumerian Gods which makes sense if one assumes that religion evolves from polytheism to monotheism due to the fact that Monotheism makes it easier to control the people.

Player1X3 said:
"When the Founders might not have written what has become inflammatory references about God into the Constitution.
Whatever your opinnion on their writings was, the fact remains that the constitituion says the laws come from the God. And what exaclty did chnage about God so that american constitution must be rewritten? And Bible's (Bible is the New testament) authors were people around Jesus, his followers and apostolles, as its already been confirmed, Jesus Christ is a historiclly proven person.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_Bible"

I Said: On The Constitution, even if they wrote about God in The Constitution, there's no reason to think they would have if they had been born a couple of hundred years later and gone to the best schools in the land. Matter of fact being Enlightenment era thinkers they probably would not have done so and seeing as how they left rooms for Ammendments to have been made to the Constitution after their time, then they probably wouldn't have minded too much if someone had removed them following the scientific advances of the 19th Century. As a matter of fact if one reads Founding Father Thomas Paine's "The Age of Reason" wherein he states that he believes in God but nothing that humans have ever written about him and Jesus as well for that matter; then one would have expected them to have anticipated such a removal of those types of passages.

Nevertheless The Founding Fathers' writing about God's Laws wouldn't make God any the more when all scientific evidence says he doesn't exist.

As for Jesus as a historical person: Most of The New Testament books weren't written until about 30 to 40 years after Jesus died and there's really no way to know if they were historically accurate as to what they had to say about Jesus. A lot of evidence says that some of the Gnostic Gospels that were excluded from The Bible at The Council of Nicea in 315 CE due to Constantine's wanting to co-op the religion as many before him did to create his own system of keeping the people in line that were quite a bit more radical in their thinking than anything contained in The Bible were actually closer in line to what Jesus had to say than were the Synoptic (accepted) Gospels.

At any rate no outside authority (other than some disputed passages in Josephus) had much to say about whether or not Jesus was a real historical figure. I think the only hard evidence for Jesus' physical existence is his tomb in the Jerusalem Museum which a lot of authorities want to dispute, however, it is really the only hard evidence for Jesus being an actual person. However, The Jerusalem Crypt is certainly not an empty tomb and as there are ashes and bone chips belonging to Jesus in it, it's pretty apparent if you accept the only real evidence for his existence that Jesus didn't do such a good job of raising from the dead after three days.

"So you, like all other atheists I know, like to focus on small minority of fundamentalists and fanatics and totally ignore all the other reasonable normal people who follow Christianity to benefit your own hateful and ignorant thoughts and beliefs of Christianity, because you hate it so much? Isnt this extremly irrational and biased? How about you star being objective for a while and look at the bigger picture. I am fine with you hating on them, in fact, i dont like them either, they give other people bad name, but when you try and judge the group of 2.2 billion people based on actions of a small miniroty of people, thats what pisses me off. And let me tell you, Christianity is the ost liberal abrahamic religion in the world."

If they exist in those numbers yet they're letting the much smaller group of fanatics etc, still do as they please, then they're still towing the party line which doesn't do much to raise my opinion of them.

Player1X3: "Oh please, the reason Middle Ages was as bloody as it was, was the collapse of roman empire and foundation of lots of less civilized kingdoms and tribes that only used Christiany as a tool to make people go to war for them. And I am not defending the church at all, as I dont follow one, I am defending Christian relligion and its innocence during history. I do NOT wish the church to rule over a country, but I would never ever go forbid a religion in any country, like you would"

Yeah 100,000s of thousands of dead folks due to a religion's main scriptures makes it absolutely innocent. Many people died simply because they choice to follow a different God than Yahweh as forbidden in the very first of the Ten Commandments.

Player1X3 said: "(and everyone in Cannaan so the Hebrews can have the land).What? God and Jesus Christ comanded no such thing. Again, learn the difference between Christianity (New testament, teachings of Christ) and Judism( Old testament, Book of Levitcus and others) "

I said: According to the Bible Yahweh very much commanded The Israelites that they could have the Holy Land as their possession as long as they would kill all of the people already living there (which has its echoes in the displacement of the American Indians from their land by the American Colonialists and the destruction of the Meso-American Indians by The Spanish Conquistadores) .

In response to Player1X3's comment that Jesus was a historically proven figure:  

At any rate no outside authority (other than some disputed passages in Josephus) had much to say about whether or not Jesus was a real historical figure. I think the only hard evidence for Jesus' physical existence is his tomb in the Jerusalem Museum which a lot of authorities want to dispute, however, it is

really the only hard evidence for Jesus being an actual person. However, The Jerusalem Crypt is certainly not an empty tomb and as there are ashes and bone chips belonging to Jesus in it, it's pretty apparent if you accept the only real evidence for his existence that Jesus didn't do such a good job of raising from the dead after three days.

EdHieron said:

At any rate no outside authority (other than some disputed passages in Josephus) had much to say about whether or not Jesus was a real historical figure. I think the only hard evidence for Jesus' physical existence is his tomb in the Jerusalem Museum which a lot of authorities want to dispute, however, it is

really the only hard evidence for Jesus being an actual person. However, The Jerusalem Crypt is certainly not an empty tomb and as there are ashes and bone chips belonging to Jesus in it, it's pretty apparent if you accept the only real evidence for his existence that Jesus didn't do such a good job of raising from the dead after three days.

your lucky whole whole rant has been targeted to Christianity. because if you were going this wayyyyy off topic bashing everything about say islam or gays, you would be banned in an instant. but your lucky, as all the mods hate Christianity as much as you do. they may as well change the rules (the ones you have blatently been violating) to exclude Christianity because it evident that they dont care how off topic they are as long as they bash Christianity.

but like i said read the title of the thread, then read what you have been ranting about, then (your inteligence permitting) realize what you are saying does not belong here

osamanobama said:
EdHieron said:

your lucky whole whole rant has been targeted to Christianity. because if you were going this wayyyyy off topic bashing everything about say islam or gays, you would be banned in an instant. but your lucky, as all the mods hate Christianity as much as you do. they may as well change the rules (the ones you have blatently been violating) to exclude Christianity because it evident that they dont care how off topic they are as long as they bash Christianity.

but like i said read the title of the thread, then read what you have been ranting about, then (your inteligence permitting) realize what you are saying does not belong here

Well, the topic of this thread is Can A Movement Similar to Fascism Arise in The US, and I have answered that it can and given solid reasons and evidence to support the idea that if it does so, then it will most likely arise from Fundamentalist Christianity as at heart that it is what it has always been, so I would say whether or not you like it, Sherlock, my posts on this topic definitely belong in this thread.