By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Can a movement similar to fascism emerge in the US?

Can a movement similar to fascism emerge in the US?

Yes 67 56.78%

No 21 17.80%

Not a "movement sim... 27 22.88%

Total:115
Cactus said:

Wow, as an outsider looking in, is it fair for me to say that the American political landscape is an unmanageable clusterfuck? I can't believe the country can be run with such extreme, unflinching bias on both sides. Not to say that anybody here is inherently wrong, but if people are this divided, how can anything ever get done or be sufficiently decided upon?

1. Yes, it's fair.

2. It can't. At least not without a drastic devolution of power back to the state level.

Around the Network

Payer1X3 wrote all of the bolded text.  My answers are in the other text.

Most of the world believes in God/s and its funny how you think everyone is stupid but you and people with your beleifs, like you are any better than the people you hate so much. What makes you su superior than everyone else,except your irrational wishful thinking that makes you believe so????

Actually according to the latest estimates that I've heard, only about 50 to 60% of the world's population believes in the Abrahamic God (it's only the US that is dominated by Fundamentalist Christianity which makes it really hard to have much of a truely free country here), so the other 40 to 50% believe in no God or a god that is in no way connected to the Abrahamic faith.

I don't think we're superior to everyone else.  It is true that we're more correct than the other folks especially the ones that believe in Yahweh as to my knowledge science has discredited every major claim that Christianity has made so far from how and when the universe and mankind were created to who really wrote the books of the Bible and why they did so right up to the fact that Jesus most likely wasn't the Son of God.

Although it isn't that easy to really know much about Jesus as  the books written about him were composed so long after his death, there really weren't any accounts written about him independently from the spiritual tradition that sought to turn deify him and half of the ones that sought to deify him were excised for political reasons (so Constantine could create his own slave system ie. the transformation of the Roman Empire into the Roman Catholic  Church whichf followed in the footsteps of the Egyptian and Hebrew one) at the Council of Nicea.

just like you discriminate and hate Christians, right? So again, what makes your beleifs  any less of a fundamentalist thanchristian fundamentalists?

Like I've said many times in my posts I don't hate Christians.  I just think they need to move beyond their religious believes which are based on and a continuation of the old slave systems for the betterment of themselves and everyone else.  Wanting to change people for the better hardly indicates a hatred of them.

Fundamentlist ideas seem to be based on faith that there is no real evidence for like the fact that every claim Christianity has ever made has been thoroughly discredited by science, they seek to make others blindly follow their traditions through conversions and punishments inluding physical and social pressures, and they almost always seek to deny all evidence to the contrary like the way that Christianity is often times opposed to scientific data that completely contradicts its claims even if such evidence has far more evidence for it than for against.  Some examples of the types of evidence that Christianity is often hostile against would include evolution, the documentary hypothesis, and geological and astronomical data about the age of the earth.

If my ideas are Atheism and science, then I would say that unlike Fundamentalist religion, science isn't based on faith but on evidence.  We only seek to convert those that are hanging on to outmoded ways of thought that in many ways are detrimental to most of society ie. Fundamentalist religion and we try to do so through education and by helping Fundamentalist to see that they are hanging on to an injurious social system that really has no basis in reality; and we tend to be open to the latest scientific evidence and findings  even if they contradict an older and accepted scientific principle.  So, since my beliefs tend to run completely opposite of the way that Fundamentalist religion works, I find that to be a humongous difference that indicates that is different from Fundamentalism.  Very often if something is the complete opposite of something, then it is not the thing that it is the complete opposite of.

Everything that is fundamentalist is fascist. And that goes for fundamentalist atheists like yourself. You are IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM better than fundamentalist Christians or any other fundamentalist for that matter

As I oulined above, my belief system isn't Fundamentalist (I am glad to see that you admit that everything that is Fundamentalist like Fundamentalist Christianity is fascist by the way) because unlike Fundamentalism it seeks to incorporate new facts, evidences, and ideas.  If the Christians could provide one bit of evidence that demonstrates undeniably the veracity of there religion and its claims we would glady take a look at it, however, for the last two hundred plus years, really since The Enlightenment and the beginnings of the Age of Scientific Inquiry, they have failed to do so and almost all of their earlier claims have been thoroughly discredited by scientific findings.

"and constantly insulting christians, (ALL OF THEM ON GLOBAL BASIS) isnt a sign of dicrimination??? "

Telling someone that they're wrong and then demonstrating that they're wrong with unbiased scientific data and extrapolating from that that there is a better way for them to live their lives and for them to also let other people live their lives can hardly be discriminatory.  For an example you know how Christians like to discriminate against homosexuals by keeping them from enjoying the same freedoms that others do in our society and some Christians even base their militant hatreds of homosexuals on passages in the Bible like the one about Soddom and Gomorrah or the one about how all gays should be stoned to death, right?  Well, if you point out to Christians that their belief system is wrong based on sound scientific evidence and that they should instead let homosexuals enjoy their freedoms and live and let live.  Then you're actually trying to help out the Christians by allowing them to live in better harmony with others in their community and you're helping out the homosexualss as well to enjoy all of the personal freedoms that they should have, then you're not acting in a discrimnating fashion but trying to help out both groups of people.  The Christians by showing that there is a much better way for them to deal with their fellow citizens than they're currently doing and the homosexuals by getting them all of their equal rights.  I'm really not trying to be insulting to the more liberal churches.

Once again, Telling people that they're wrong and demonstrating to them that they're wrong with solid scientific evidence isn't discrimination but an attempt to help all of those people enjoy better lives.

"OH MY GOD, DID YOU JUST HEAR YOURSELF SAYING THAT???? YOU, YOU (!!!) OUT OF ALL PEOPLE IN THIS PLANET ARE SAYING THAT OTHERS HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE IDEAS OF OTHERS!!! Sweet mother of God, am I reading this right? GO READ BACK ALL OF YOUR POSTS AND THAN COME BACK AND SAY THAT !!!! You are the biggest hypocrate I've ever seen in my history of existance. "

I very much respect the rights of others.  I definitely feel that women should have all of the same rights as their husbands (unlike what the Bible teaches) and that gays and minority groups in American should have all of the freedoms that all of their fellow Americans do (unlike many Christians.  I believe that 70% of them voted in the last elections to keep gays from being able to marry and the vast majority of them would like to take away women's rights to obtain abortions as well), so don't come telling me that I have no respect for the rights of others.

"Christianity is the most liberal religion out there (Buddism isnt really a religion) and again, you are basing your judgement EXCLUSEVLY off of fundamentalist. Why dont you spend some time actually reading the tachings and message of Jesus Christ and less time spewing ignorant hate and lies??"

Because I've been talking about Fundamentalist Christianity almost exclusively this whole time.  I do enjoy reading many of the words of Jesus.  I especially enjoy the ones contained in the scriptures in The Nag Hammadi Library.  You know, like the ones that were removed at the Council of Nicea exclusively because their teachings that Yahweh was an evil god would have made it more difficult for Constantine to set up the fascistic slave system  that he wanted to transform the Roman Empire into with future Emperors being made over into the Pope that would serve as the religion's direct emissary to God.  I don't really have any problems with Christians that have no problems in accepting scientific data like evolution into their worldview, or that would seek equal rights for homosexuals and not try to subjugate women or look down on others due to their sexual choices and preferences or support Holy wars in the Middle East

Yeah, you are the one to say something like that :/

I'm sorry if you don't rspect the principles that the US is founded upon.

Fast food improves your life? Now, thats news to me 

I was saying that the religion that the workers in fast food (and other service industries) hold on to can very often keep them from looking to find other ways to really improve their lives for two reasons 1.)  Their religion teaches them to be content with their lot in life 2.)  They do expect the end of the world will come soon  and it will bring them good things , so as their doing right now under Obama they're very reticent to put their voting might behind Obama's plan to bring them better living conditions and services.

"This is very connected to Christianity indeed /sarcasm end. "

The religion that most of the poor whites embrace also keeps them from embracing many of the social programs that Barack Obama wanted to bring to improve their and the majority of everyone else's lives in this country.  And it is exploited by their religious leaders and the wealthier Conservatives.

"Are you joking or are you just playing stupid as hell? Where the Hell doesnt the Bible says that ''the end is nigh'' stop making up stuff to promote your own hatred, its pathetic and disgusting, you truely are a very dangerous person. May God have mercy on your soul "

Apparently you don't really know that much about Fundamentalist Christianity because the dictum that end of the world is at hand ie millenianism (  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennialism  ) is very much a hallmark of Fundamentalist Christianity and one of the chief tools that its leaders use to keep their flocks in line ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QWUZU6pxMo ) and many times for great financial gain ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOsYSwNrlBo ) .  Really the only time they're very outspoken against it is when one of their leaders gives a date for the end of the world and then it doesn't pan out on a very public stage as happened last month.

"So now taking stuff out of context as well, huh? Damn, you you are on fire today, arent you?"

I'm not taking anything out of context.  The belief that Jesus will return soon much to the boon of the faithful is very much a large part of the millinnianism which Fundamentalists strongly believe in.

"And some atheists hate and abbandon their families because they beleive in God. Should I now judge the whole group of people based on the acts of some deluded individuals? No, because I am not like you.http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47498.html and http://blog.locustfork.net/2011/06/why-do-working-class-people-vote-against-their-economic-interests/  "

I've said time and time and time again I don't hate Fundamentalists.  I do feel that I'm correct in asserting that they are holding on to a slave system that is very much in error in its beliefs and I've never seen any evidence that refutes that.  And some states block atheists from being able to run for political office and George Bush said atheists weren't patriotic Americans.  Just more signs of the religious discrimination that Fundamentalist Christianity has woven into the supposedly free USA.

,Its not Christianity's fault that people understand their message false and abuse it. 

It's the falsity religion of Christianity that allows people to abuse it.

what the hell are you talking about? Christianity came from Judism, do you even know what Christianity is? The cross is taken from ancient Egypt, but the Christian religion itself has nothing to to with ancient Egypt. Like I said in my other post you ignored for some reason,  üagansymbolics are present in abrahamic religions, everything else pagan isnt 

And Judaism came out of Ancient Egypt's slave religion.  There might not be enough evidence to conclusively say that the Jews copied the Ancient Egyptian Slave Tradition but by the time of the Priestly writers that were working on the Biblical text the idea of using The Bible to keep the populace in line (just as in Ancient Egypt) was very much a part of the P writers plan as it is at their time (and after with the D and R schools) that most of the rules and regulations contained in The Bible enter the text.  And Jesus came out of Judaism.  And much as the later groups of Biblical writers (P, D, and R) did, Constantine took the Jesus myth and transformed that into his method for keeping the people in line The Roman Catholic Church (and the Protestant religious leaders of the Reformation from which many of the Fundamentalist varities of Christianity now prevalent in the US did the very same thing some 1200 to 1500 years later), so yes, the whole system originates in Egypt's slave religion.  

Actually, Christianity emerged from the teachings of person Called Jesus Christ of Nazareth. You heard of him?,

Yet, we don't know what Jesus really had to say because the Gospels about him weren't written for some thirty years after his death and by then they were probably passing through some spiritual bias of his followers and then half of the teachings about Jesus were removed at the Council of Nicea for Constantine's political expediancy.  So the Gnostic teachings have no part in American mainstream Christianity and the few times that they tried to reassert themselves to the dark ages they most often led to genocides by the mainstream groups on the Christian groups that had them. 

And this is supposed to be a reason why Christiany is bad how again? I am not sure I follow 

It's bad because Constantine was using them to control the people in his version of The Old Egyptian Slave system.

Yes, sure ''keeping people in line'' no such problems or soultion to such problems came before christianity, right. /end sarcasm

Of course they did because they were present in the Old Egyptian Religious Slave System that Christianity came out of.  It's how the Egyptians got their slaves to go against their own best interests (as workers today are doing that haven't supported Obama's plans and that have actually voted in these Conservative types that want to cut out every program that the poor depend upon) and killed themselves in countless numbers carrying massive stones to the top of pyramids in order to venerate their god-kings. 

Because left wing people are usually very quite about thier beleifs and are totally tolerant of anyone who disagress with them, right?  

Considering that oftentimes left wing types are correct when they defend their beliefs and especially so in the political climate since Bush I would say they have a right to be vocal.

We also have fundamentalist atheism, such as yourself

I'm not a fundamentalist Athiestl.  If the religious can ever produce one piece of scientifically irrefutable evidence to back up their many claims I would take a look at it.

Already responded to this thousands of times by now, im sick and tired of answering to this agan.And its not like Muslims killed any Christians in Balkans, Iberia and Middle East right? The christians are to bame !!! 

Well when you consider the fact that the Christians fired the first shot when they attacked the Holy Land in the very first Crusade at a time when Jews and Arabs were getting along there peacefully in the 10th century (and the Christian crusaders were the ones that locked the Jews up in their own Synagogue and set it on fire), then in more recent times stole land that the Palestinians were living on quite peacefully after WWII and handed over to the Jewish survivors of the holocaust, and have mainly pursued a path of favoritism towards the Jews in the Holy Land (largely due to Christian beliefs stemming from Judaic beliefs that The Holy Land belongs to the Jews), then the Christians certainly have had a hand in most of the atrocities that the Muslims have ever committed out of retaliation.

Hitler was an atheist by the way. All people around him confirmed that. He only used Christianity to decieve public against the Jews. He like many other people before him did the same. But you choose to blame Christianity instead of people who abused it for power, because it will further reinforce your hatred towards it

Well, the fact that it can be abused for power by tyrants (as it was long ago set up by Egyptian priests and pharaohs for ) and that it is a tool that can bend the lower classes to one's will and cause them to commit heinous crimes in its name (and really Hitler just replaced the name Jesus with his own) quite readilly is evidence enough of its destructive and blinding nature.

And people like you wait for libealism to gain more power so you can openly go against religion on the national level 

Since fundamentalist religion is largely to blame for what's wrong with this counry and since America can never really become the free nation that its Founders set it up to be as long as there are so many Fundamentalist Christians here, then I won't diispute the fact that that is a true statement.

Couldnt understand, please speak more clearly 

I was saying that many of the poorer adherents to religion go against proposals in this country that would bring improvements to their living conditions like many of those proposed by Obama because of what their religion erroneoously teaches them.

Marrige is strongly connected to the church, church has the say over who they wanna marry. if they are agisnt it, so  be it. Besides, marige is a tradition between a man and a woman.  

However many men and women are allowed to get married that have never stepped into a church and they receive government benefits in a country built upon separation of church and state.  There is no logical reason why two same sex people shouldn't be allowed to enjoy the same benefits especially in a free country.  And traditions are largely outdated ways of thinking just as religious beliefs almost always are.

Yet, the Bible says nothing against abortion. So  

However the vast majority of those that commit violence against abortion clinic doctors in this nation and the vast majority of those that picket abortion clinics do so out of Fundamentalist Christian beliefs, so even if there's nothing against it in The Bible.  Modern Christians must think that there is a connection.

"In your case, a person with different views on the world and going with the fact that there is no evidence against God's existance at all and being a Theist. See, you are no better than them at all. "

However when every claim a religion makes turns out to be wrong (including those about God's existence) as those of Christianity have been demonstrated to be, then no one in a free society should have to live under the tenents of that religion even if the majority of citizens happen to belong to that religion which is probably why America's founding fathers were so much in favor of the separation of churh and state.

They are no wrose than your type of fundamentalism

Their beliefs have far worse consequences for our society than anything that I happen to believe because in our supposed freest nation on earth they work to the detriment of many of those that subscribe to them as well as serve to keep others from living as freely and from having as much enjoyment in their lives as they would like to have.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/opinion/sunday/24friedman.html?src=me&ref=general

Make Way for the Radical Center

DID I mention that I’ve signed a pledge — just like those Republican congressmen who have signed written promises to different political enforcers not to raise taxes or permit same-sex marriage? My pledge is to never vote for anyone stupid enough to sign a pledge — thereby abdicating their governing responsibilities in a period of incredibly rapid change and financial stress. Sorry, I’ve signed it. Nothing more I can do.

If this kind of idiocy by elected officials sends you into a hair-pulling rage and leaves you wishing that we had more options today than our two-party system is putting forward — for instance, a party that would have offered a grand bargain on the deficit two years ago, not on the eve of a Treasury default — not only are you not alone, but help may be on the way.

Thanks to a quiet political start-up that is now ready to show its hand, a viable, centrist, third presidential ticket, elected by an Internet convention, is going to emerge in 2012. I know it sounds gimmicky — an Internet convention — but an impressive group of frustrated Democrats, Republicans and independents, called Americans Elect, is really serious, and they have thought out this process well. In a few days, Americans Elect will formally submit the 1.6 million signatures it has gathered to get on the presidential ballot in California as part of its unfolding national effort to get on the ballots of all 50 states for 2012.

The goal of Americans Elect is to take a presidential nominating process now monopolized by the Republican and Democratic parties, which are beholden to their special interests, and blow it wide open — guaranteeing that a credible third choice, nominated independently, will not only be on the ballot in every state but be able to take part in every presidential debate and challenge both parties from the middle with the best ideas on how deal with the debt, education and jobs.

“Our goal is to open up what has been an anticompetitive process to people in the middle who are unsatisfied with the choices of the two parties,” said Kahlil Byrd, the C.E.O. of Americans Elect, speaking from its swank offices, financed with some serious hedge-fund money, a stone’s throw from the White House.

As the group explains on its Web site, www.americanselect.org: “Americans Elect is the first-ever open nominating process. We’re using the Internet to give every single voter — Democrat, Republican or independent — the power to nominate a presidential ticket in 2012. The people will choose the issues. The people will choose the candidates. And in a secure, online convention next June, the people will make history by putting their choice on the ballot in every state.”

Here is how it will work, explains Elliot Ackerman, an Iraq war veteran with a Silver Star, who serves as the chief operating officer of Americans Elect, and whose father, Peter, a successful investor, has been a prime engine behind the group. First, anyone interested in becoming a delegate goes to the Americans Elect Web site and registers. As part of that process, you will be asked to fill in a questionnaire about your political priorities: education, foreign policy, the economy, etc. This enables Americans Elect to put you in contact with others who share your views so you can discuss them and organize together. Then you will be invited to draft a candidate or support one who has already been drafted and to contribute to the list of questions that anyone running on the Americans Elect platform will have to answer on the site.

“The questions, the priorities, the nominations and the rules will all come from the community, not from two entrenched parties,” said Ackerman.

Any presidential nominee must conform to all the Constitutional requirements, as well as be considered someone of similar stature to our previous presidents. That means no Lady Gaga allowed. Every candidate will have to post in words or video his or her answers to the platform questions produced by the Americans Elect delegates. In April 2012, the candidate pool will be reduced to six through three rounds of voting. The six, assuming they all want to run, will then have to name their running mates. The only rule is that a Democrat must run with a Republican or independent, and a Republican with a Democrat or independent.

“Each presidential candidate has to pick a running mate outside of their party and reaching across the divide of politics,” said Ackerman. In June 2012, the online convention will choose who among the six will run as the Americans Elect candidate — automatically on the ballot in all 50 states. If President Obama wants to run with John Boehner on the Americans Elect platform that would be fine — provided they go through the process. (President Obama should dump the Democrats and run as an independent, which he is, at heart, anyway.)

Write it down: Americans Elect. What Amazon.com did to books, what the blogosphere did to newspapers, what the iPod did to music, what drugstore.com did to pharmacies, Americans Elect plans to do to the two-party duopoly that has dominated American political life — remove the barriers to real competition, flatten the incumbents and let the people in. Watch out.

Also, for the people who've been replying to my thread. Please stay on topic. A lot of you've pretty much gone on to your wacky extreme shit, the exact stuff that I'm afraid would lead to a fascist movement.

And by fascist movement, I don't mean black shirts, anti-semetism, statism, etc.

I mean a centrist movement, reacting against an polarized political landscape, whose members have lost faith in the current government and democracy. I don't think the time is ready yet, but if unemployment continues to stay at its current level, it will happen.

In a way, I can see the Tea Party serving the same function as the strengthened socialist movement did in Europe. An radical political group (right this time, instead of left) making moderates and the middle class afraid. Combine that with the already existing fear of the imaginary American socialists, you have a middle class that feels like it's under siege by the left and right.

It's already happening in Europe. People are getting desperate and they are getting pissed at the current economic situation. I'm a Keynesian, that is, a believer that the government has to do something to end recessions as quick as possible, because I believe this is what can happen. Liberalism cannot surivive, if it seems like it's unable to provide, to deliver. Right now, the people feel like their governments, the free market, that everything has failed. And they're not just going to sit around.

Whether you're a libertarian, a social liberal, conservative (US definition), Republican, Democrat, etc. Whatever you believe the solution is to our economic situation, we all need to be afraid of this. Afraid of a centrist movement that reacts against everything we have right now.

EdHieron said:

Payer1X3 wrote all of the bolded text.  My answers are in the other text.

Most of the world believes in God/s and its funny how you think everyone is stupid but you and people with your beleifs, like you are any better than the people you hate so much. What makes you su superior than everyone else,except your irrational wishful thinking that makes you believe so????

Actually according to the latest estimates that I've heard, only about 50 to 60% of the world's population believes in the Abrahamic God (it's only the US that is dominated by Fundamentalist Christianity which makes it really hard to have much of a truely free country here), so the other 40 to 50% believe in no God or a god that is in no way connected to the Abrahamic faith.

Wow, you honestly believe 50% to 40% of people believe in no God? Damn, you live in a delusional world. Aside from abrahamic religions, there are monotheistic religions as well. As for theism as whole, it takes up for about 85% of the world population. The ret is mostly agnostic.

I don't think we're superior to everyone else.  It is true that we're more correct than the other folks especially the ones that believe in Yahweh as to my knowledge science has discredited every major claim that Christianity has made so far from how and when the universe and mankind were created to who really wrote the books of the Bible and why they did so right up to the fact that Jesus most likely wasn't the Son of God.

So basically, you have no idea what ''a major claim'' of Christianity is? Go actually read the Bible and than come back and spew the same crap you are now. Major claim of Christianity IS NOT THAT the Earth is 6000 years old. IT IS NOT that people were created by God (but rather designed) And  since when did science prove the existance of universe. It has extremly limited knowledge of it, and it hasnt been able to prove the orgin of the universe yet. And most scientist would agree that some sort of God or prime mover is the best solution possible for the orgin of the universe.

Although it isn't that easy to really know much about Jesus as  the books written about him were composed so long after his death, there really weren't any accounts written about him independently from the spiritual tradition that sought to turn deify him and half of the ones that sought to deify him were excised for political reasons (so Constantine could create his own slave system ie. the transformation of the Roman Empire into the Roman Catholic  Church whichf followed in the footsteps of the Egyptian and Hebrew one) at the Council of Nicea.

I already debunked this in my other post on which you choose to ingore. Look up on couple of pages back. Jesus Christ of Nazareth did historically exist. Itsa fully proven historical fact, that fundamentalist atheist like yourself really try their best to avoid.

just like you discriminate and hate Christians, right? So again, what makes your beleifs  any less of a fundamentalist thanchristian fundamentalists?

Like I've said many times in my posts I don't hate Christians.  I just think they need to move beyond their religious believes which are based on and a continuation of the old slave systems for the betterment of themselves and everyone else.  Wanting to change people for the better hardly indicates a hatred of them.

Oh you definitevly hate them, dont even try to deny that. And again, you judge whole group of people by the actions of small minority. And you want Christians to move beyond Christian beliefs? So what exactly makes them Christian then? And let me say this, you have a an extremly wrong and ignorant view of christian beleifs. Slave system, seriously?  Christianity is the most liberal religion out of all abrahamic religions. But a person like you probably doesnt know jack shit about Christianity and only sees and hears what it wants to see and hear.

Fundamentlist ideas seem to be based on faith that there is no real evidence for like the fact that every claim Christianity has ever made has been thoroughly discredited by science, they seek to make others blindly follow their traditions through conversions and punishments inluding physical and social pressures, and they almost always seek to deny all evidence to the contrary like the way that Christianity is often times opposed to scientific data that completely contradicts its claims even if such evidence has far more evidence for it than for against.  Some examples of the types of evidence that Christianity is often hostile against would include evolution, the documentary hypothesis, and geological and astronomical data about the age of the earth.

And in your situtation, a fundamentalist ideas seem to be based on ahtiesm, as we can all see. And what are these major claims that science has debunked? Do you even know the main point of Christianity? Its not here to explain the world around us, that what science does, its here to teach people of corect morals and teacings of Jesus Christ, not to tell us the orgin of Earth. The parts about origin of Earth doesnt exist in the New Testament (the Bible) and even in the old testament, they were added to abrahamic religions by other pagan religiosn, which was considerd normal back than, to make the conversino easier

If my ideas are Atheism and science, then I would say that unlike Fundamentalist religion, science isn't based on faith but on evidence.  We only seek to convert those that are hanging on to outmoded ways of thought that in many ways are detrimental to most of society ie. Fundamentalist religion and we try to do so through education and by helping Fundamentalist to see that they are hanging on to an injurious social system that really has no basis in reality; and we tend to be open to the latest scientific evidence and findings  even if they contradict an older and accepted scientific principle.  So, since my beliefs tend to run completely opposite of the way that Fundamentalist religion works, I find that to be a humongous difference that indicates that is different from Fundamentalism.  Very often if something is the complete opposite of something, then it is not the thing that it is the complete opposite of.

Fundamentalist atheism is no worse than fundamentalist Christianity, you should know that. And how the Hell is atheism based on evidence? There is no evidence against the existance of God, and you know it, only it seems like you like to pretend that its otherwise. And i am fine with you going agaisnt the fundamentalists, im against them too, but when you try to label the whole religion and ALL of its followers the same as those fundamentalists, that what bothers me about fundamentalist atheists like yourself.Hell,do you even know what a fundamentalist is? And to other fundamentalists, ITS YOU who THEY want to convert out of outmoded ways that are determinal to the society etc etc...

And just for the record, religion, TODAY, HAS DONE BILLION TIMES MORE GOOD TO  PEOPLE THAN ATHEISM EVER HAS

Everything that is fundamentalist is fascist. And that goes for fundamentalist atheists like yourself. You are IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM better than fundamentalist Christians or any other fundamentalist for that matter

As I oulined above, my belief system isn't Fundamentalist (I am glad to see that you admit that everything that is Fundamentalist like Fundamentalist Christianity is fascist by the way) because unlike Fundamentalism it seeks to incorporate new facts, evidences, and ideas.  If the Christians could provide one bit of evidence that demonstrates undeniably the veracity of there religion and its claims we would glady take a look at it, however, for the last two hundred plus years, really since The Enlightenment and the beginnings of the Age of Scientific Inquiry, they have failed to do so and almost all of their earlier claims have been thoroughly discredited by scientific findings.

Yes, well fundamentalist atheism is no different than, I guess? And you are fundamentalist because you believe to all christians act the same, that their religion is somehow proven false by science, (despite the fact christian church has been the only source of TRUE science  during the most of last millenium, but than agian, it was the church's fault it has been so), and that thier belief system is ''outmoded'' and that God is disproven by science somehow. Just how the christian fundamentalist beleive Gays-hell, blacks-crime jews- devils and demons. So agan, you are no different that qany of the. Just because you seek evidence to disprove Christianity doesnt make you any less fundimental than them. You both have extremly hateful and wrong perseptions of people you disagree with

"and constantly insulting christians, (ALL OF THEM ON GLOBAL BASIS) isnt a sign of dicrimination??? "

Telling someone that they're wrong and then demonstrating that they're wrong with unbiased scientific data and extrapolating from that that there is a better way for them to live their lives and for them to also let other people live their lives can hardly be discriminatory.  For an example you know how Christians like to discriminate against homosexuals by keeping them from enjoying the same freedoms that others do in our society and some Christians even base their militant hatreds of homosexuals on passages in the Bible like the one about Soddom and Gomorrah or the one about how all gays should be stoned to death, right?  Well, if you point out to Christians that their belief system is wrong based on sound scientific evidence and that they should instead let homosexuals enjoy their freedoms and live and let live.  Then you're actually trying to help out the Christians by allowing them to live in better harmony with others in their community and you're helping out the homosexualss as well to enjoy all of the personal freedoms that they should have, then you're not acting in a discrimnating fashion but trying to help out both groups of people.  The Christians by showing that there is a much better way for them to deal with their fellow citizens than they're currently doing and the homosexuals by getting them all of their equal rights.  I'm really not trying to be insulting to the more liberal churches.

How are christian beliefs (the TRUE christian beleifs, not the fundamentalist ones) wrong and  how can you disprove them with science? And trying to chnage people's lifestyles is one of the goals fundamentalist are trying to achive, no matter what they believe in. As for homosexuals, there are christians who persecute them, but that goes directly against the teachings of Christ and God, and Bible doesnt say anything about going agaist homosexuals, only the book of levitcus, which is irrelevant to the true Christianity. And even if it was to some small extent relevant to christianity, dont you know the phrase ''Hate the sin, no the sinner''?  Thre is actually alot more to a person that his/hers sexuality. As for same sex marrige, the church has the say over it, so they can do whatever they want, its in thier right. Marrige has always been a tradition between a man and a woman anyway. I believe most Christians are agianst gay marrige, not against the gays themselves.And what the hell does sicience has to do with this issue anyway? Are you one of those atheist that always act like they are right because they stand behind the almighty science, despite not know anything about the issue or scietific issue either? And you are acting in discriminating fashion by generalizing them with the most ourageous and hateful followers and bashing their beleifs in almost all of your posts.

Once again, Telling people that they're wrong and demonstrating to them that they're wrong with solid scientific evidence isn't discrimination but an attempt to help all of those people enjoy better lives.

You havend done neither, or at least havent done it correctly.

"OH MY GOD, DID YOU JUST HEAR YOURSELF SAYING THAT???? YOU, YOU (!!!) OUT OF ALL PEOPLE IN THIS PLANET ARE SAYING THAT OTHERS HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE IDEAS OF OTHERS!!! Sweet mother of God, am I reading this right? GO READ BACK ALL OF YOUR POSTS AND THAN COME BACK AND SAY THAT !!!! You are the biggest hypocrate I've ever seen in my history of existance. "

I very much respect the rights of others.  I definitely feel that women should have all of the same rights as their husbands (unlike what the Bible teachesit doesnt actually, you dont know what the Bible is and on what its based off) and that gays and minority groups in American should have all of the freedoms that all of their fellow Americans doSo if I cant join NAACP becuase I am white, im restricted from having freedom? (unlike many Christians.  I believe that 70% of them voted in the last elections to keep gays from being able to marry and the vast majority of them would like to take away women's rights to obtain abortions as wellMarrige is a tradition between man and a woman, its like asking why cant a black person join KKK or why can a white person join NAACP or Black Tigers? Its simply not meant for them. As for abortion, what about the child's right to have a life and live it? The women has no right to kill an innocent human being because she was too dumb to to use protection and to think in time. ), so don't come telling me that I have no respect for the rights of others.

"Christianity is the most liberal religion out there (Buddism isnt really a religion) and again, you are basing your judgement EXCLUSEVLY off of fundamentalist. Why dont you spend some time actually reading the tachings and message of Jesus Christ and less time spewing ignorant hate and lies??"

Because I've been talking about Fundamentalist Christianity almost exclusively this whole time.  I do enjoy reading many of the words of Jesus.  I especially enjoy the ones contained in the scriptures in The Nag Hammadi Library.  You know, like the ones that were removed at the Council of Nicea exclusively because their teachings that Yahweh was an evil god would have made it more difficult for Constantine to set up the fascistic slave system  that he wanted to transform the Roman Empire into with future Emperors being made over into the Pope that would serve as the religion's direct emissary to God.  I don't really have any problems with Christians that have no problems in accepting scientific data like evolution into their worldview, or that would seek equal rights for homosexuals and not try to subjugate women or look down on others due to their sexual choices and preferences or support Holy wars in the Middle East

Well, not like this has anything to do with my post still. Go back and read the post I repalyed to you a few pages back, i a gonna try and give you the link of the . I already debunked Council of Nicea. And when the Hell did Jesus teach people that Yahweh was evil. I am 100% certain he meant a figure from pagan religion. Not a chnace in hell he tought people God was evil. But I already posted good video on concil of nicea in one of my earlier posts, which you ignored (it got broken tho, for some reason, I'll try to give you a link of it?, it debunks your claimf of linking 2 mst important figures in Christianity to pagan religiions and proves jesus Christ did historically exist

Yeah, you are the one to say something like that :/

I'm sorry if you don't rspect the principles that the US is founded upon.

US is founded upon freedom and especially free speach. Seems like both fundaentalist (christians ones and ones like yourself) go against it.

Fast food improves your life? Now, thats news to me 

I was saying that the religion that the workers in fast food (and other service industries) hold on to can very often keep them from looking to find other ways to really improve their lives for two reasons 1.)  Their religion teaches them to be content with their lot in life 2.)  They do expect the end of the world will come soon  and it will bring them good things , so as their doing right now under Obama they're very reticent to put their voting might behind Obama's plan to bring them better living conditions and services.

Fast food doesnt improve your life in any way, and thats a fact. And just for the heck of it, where does Jesus Christ says anything about fast food? Did the people even know what that was back than? And religion doesnt forbidd you shit. PEOPLE CHOOSE T FOLLOW it, because THEY THINK ITS THE BEST WAY OF LIFE FOR THEM. You keep saying how Christians want to stop people from living thier lifes, and yet you want Christians to ''change their lifes for better'', but you get angry when they want to influence other people's lifes.

"This is very connected to Christianity indeed /sarcasm end. "

The religion that most of the poor whites embrace also keeps them from embracing many of the social programs that Barack Obama wanted to bring to improve their and the majority of everyone else's lives in this country.  And it is exploited by their religious leaders and the wealthier Conservatives.

How is that relevant to Christianty?

"Are you joking or are you just playing stupid as hell? Where the Hell doesnt the Bible says that ''the end is nigh'' stop making up stuff to promote your own hatred, its pathetic and disgusting, you truely are a very dangerous person. May God have mercy on your soul "

Apparently you don't really know that much about Fundamentalist Christianity because the dictum that end of the world is at hand ie millenianism (  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennialism  ) is very much a hallmark of Fundamentalist Christianity and one of the chief tools that its leaders use to keep their flocks in line ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QWUZU6pxMo ) and many times for great financial gain ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOsYSwNrlBo ) .  Really the only time they're very outspoken against it is when one of their leaders gives a date for the end of the world and then it doesn't pan out on a very public stage as happened last month.

Mileniasm? Jesus Christ NEVER SAID that world is going to end anywhere in 21st century. Just because some people have crazy thoeries that connect christiany to it, doesnt mean that that was an actual Christian message to the world. People come out with crazy thoeries all the time.

"So now taking stuff out of context as well, huh? Damn, you you are on fire today, arent you?"

I'm not taking anything out of context.  The belief that Jesus will return soon much to the boon of the faithful is very much a large part of the millinnianism which Fundamentalists strongly believe in.

There is no date for the Second Coming in the Bible as far as I am familiar with.

"And some atheists hate and abbandon their families because they beleive in God. Should I now judge the whole group of people based on the acts of some deluded individuals? No, because I am not like you.http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47498.html and http://blog.locustfork.net/2011/06/why-do-working-class-people-vote-against-their-economic-interests/  "

I've said time and time and time again I don't hate Fundamentalists.  I do feel that I'm correct in asserting that they are holding on to a slave system that is very much in error in its beliefs and I've never seen any evidence that refutes that.  And some states block atheists from being able to run for political office and George Bush said atheists weren't patriotic Americans.  Just more signs of the religious discrimination that Fundamentalist Christianity has woven into the supposedly free USA.

So to you everything Christian is fundamentalist and thus atheist? Atheist dicriminate christians all the time, and the main problem with atheist isnt that they are irreligious, but sacreligious. As if, they dont just believe in God, they depsise and mock everyone who does. Dont excpect people to stay quite about that

,Its not Christianity's fault that people understand their message false and abuse it. 

It's the falsity religion of Christianity that allows people to abuse it.

What the hell do you mean by ''allow''?  Is God supposed to kill every single person that abuses Christian religion?

what the hell are you talking about? Christianity came from Judism, do you even know what Christianity is? The cross is taken from ancient Egypt, but the Christian religion itself has nothing to to with ancient Egypt. Like I said in my other post you ignored for some reason,  üagansymbolics are present in abrahamic religions, everything else pagan isnt 

And Judaism came out of Ancient Egypt's slave religion.  There might not be enough evidence to conclusively say that the Jews copied the Ancient Egyptian Slave Tradition but by the time of the Priestly writers that were working on the Biblical text the idea of using The Bible to keep the populace in line (just as in Ancient Egypt) was very much a part of the P writers plan as it is at their time (and after with the D and R schools) that most of the rules and regulations contained in The Bible enter the text.  And Jesus came out of Judaism.  And much as the later groups of Biblical writers (P, D, and R) did, Constantine took the Jesus myth and transformed that into his method for keeping the people in line The Roman Catholic Church (and the Protestant religious leaders of the Reformation from which many of the Fundamentalist varities of Christianity now prevalent in the US did the very same thing some 1200 to 1500 years later), so yes, the whole system originates in Egypt's slave religion.  

Yet, it is very different that other pagan religion in just about everything, and not to mention there is almost little to no evidence to support that claim. in the Zeitgeist debrebuttal Elliot Nesch clearly points out the flaws in that theory, I'll see if I can find the link to the video I posted. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosaic_authorship

Actually, Christianity emerged from the teachings of person Called Jesus Christ of Nazareth. You heard of him?,

Yet, we don't know what Jesus really had to say because the Gospels about him weren't written for some thirty years after his death and by then they were probably passing through some spiritual bias of his followers and then half of the teachings about Jesus were removed at the Council of Nicea for Constantine's political expediancy.  So the Gnostic teachings have no part in American mainstream Christianity and the few times that they tried to reassert themselves to the dark ages they most often led to genocides by the mainstream groups on the Christian groups that had them. 

The only thing Councli of Nicea MIGHT HAVE REMOVED or edited is the thing about Jesus being only a man and not son of God for the reasons you have mentioned above. The Bible was written by eye wittness, apostles and friends of Christ during Jesus Christ's lifetime on Earth

And this is supposed to be a reason why Christiany is bad how again? I am not sure I follow 

It's bad because Constantine was using them to control the people in his version of The Old Egyptian Slave system.

And how is that the fault of christianity that Constantin used it in different way??

Yes, sure ''keeping people in line'' no such problems or soultion to such problems came before christianity, right. /end sarcasm

Of course they did because they were present in the Old Egyptian Religious Slave System that Christianity came out of.  It's how the Egyptians got their slaves to go against their own best interests (as workers today are doing that haven't supported Obama's plans and that have actually voted in these Conservative types that want to cut out every program that the poor depend upon) and killed themselves in countless numbers carrying massive stones to the top of pyramids in order to venerate their god-kings. 

Actually, Christianity has no connections to the egyptian religion except the symbol of holy cross. There really isnt enough evidence to support that claim, aagainst the tons of that dispute it. And what about other ancient religions? DIm guessing ''keeping people in line'' didnt exist in them tobecause there werent connected to ancient egyptian slave religion, huh? Who are you going to blame for other religious ''keeping people in line politics'' politics, because I know you usually blame Christianty for everything bad in the world?

Because left wing people are usually very quite about thier beleifs and are totally tolerant of anyone who disagress with them, right?  

Considering that oftentimes left wing types are correct when they defend their beliefs and especially so in the political climate since Bush I would say they have a right to be vocal.

Yeah, in your opinnion. In my opinnion, they are usually wrong

We also have fundamentalist atheism, such as yourself

I'm not a fundamentalist Athiestl.  If the religious can ever produce one piece of scientifically irrefutable evidence to back up their many claims I would take a look at it.

Except that you have a very wrong view of the religion altogether. Religion isnt here to explain the world and orgin of men, like you think so.Thats what science does, no matter how many religous people think otherwise. Religion is here to teach people right from wrong and good morals and to connect people with God trough faith.

Already responded to this thousands of times by now, im sick and tired of answering to this agan.And its not like Muslims killed any Christians in Balkans, Iberia and Middle East right? The christians are to bame !!! 

Well when you consider the fact that the Christians fired the first shot when they attacked the Holy Land in the very first Crusade .at a time when Jews and Arabs were getting along there peacefully in the 10th century (and the Christian crusaders were the ones that locked the Jews up in their own Synagogue and set it on fire), then in more recent times stole land that the Palestinians were living on quite peacefully after WWII and handed over to the Jewish survivors of the holocaust, and have mainly pursued a path of favoritism towards the Jews in the Holy Land (largely due to Christian beliefs stemming from Judaic beliefs that The Holy Land belongs to the Jews), then the Christians certainly have had a hand in most of the atrocities that the Muslims have ever committed out of retaliation.

What the Hell? it was the Muslims who took Jerusalem from the Christians first, so stop tryng to spread lies again. Christians attacked them to REGAIN the Holy Land, which was token from them by Muslim conquestors. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_crusade#Background) And Christians didnt ''stole'' the land from Palestinians. By the order of UN, a jewish state had to be created as a result of 2000 years long persecution against the jews. It was UN that created Israel not Christians. i always knew you blame christians for everything that goes wrong in the world. Had Christians really ''stole''land from palestinitans, they would have took it from themselves, not let the Jews controll it. The conflict is between Muslims and Jews, stop trying to blame Christians for everything.

Hitler was an atheist by the way. All people around him confirmed that. He only used Christianity to decieve public against the Jews. He like many other people before him did the same. But you choose to blame Christianity instead of people who abused it for power, because it will further reinforce your hatred towards it

Well, the fact that it can be abused for power by tyrants (as it was long ago set up by Egyptian priests and pharaohs for ) and that it is a tool that can bend the lower classes to one's will and cause them to commit heinous crimes in its name (and really Hitler just replaced the name Jesus with his own) quite readilly is evidence enough of its destructive and blinding nature.

its an evidence enough of destrucitve and blinding nature OF MAN, OF PEOPLE, not THE RELIGION ITSELF.

And people like you wait for libealism to gain more power so you can openly go against religion on the national level 

Since fundamentalist religion is largely to blame for what's wrong with this counry and since America can never really become the free nation that its Founders set it up to be as long as there are so many Fundamentalist Christians here, then I won't diispute the fact that that is a true statement.

See? You are a fundamntalist

Couldnt understand, please speak more clearly 

I was saying that many of the poorer adherents to religion go against proposals in this country that would bring improvements to their living conditions like many of those proposed by Obama because of what their religion erroneoously teaches them.

Marrige is strongly connected to the church, church has the say over who they wanna marry. if they are agisnt it, so  be it. Besides, marige is a tradition between a man and a woman.  

However many men and women are allowed to get married that have never stepped into a church and they receive government benefits in a country built upon separation of church and state.  There is no logical reason why two same sex people shouldn't be allowed to enjoy the same benefits especially in a free country.  And traditions are largely outdated ways of thinking just as religious beliefs almost always are.

Again, the church can choose who they wanna marry, if they beleive only man and a woman should get married, more power to them. Dnt force your beliefs on them, its thier right to choose to marry who they want. And I agree with them, marrige is a tradition between aman and a woman, and traditions shouldnt be broken, because a very small minority of people wants it so.

Yet, the Bible says nothing against abortion. So  

However the vast majority of those that commit violence against abortion clinic doctors in this nation and the vast majority of those that picket abortion clinics do so out of Fundamentalist Christian beliefs, so even if there's nothing against it in The Bible.  Modern Christians must think that there is a connection.

SOME* modern christians think so. And while many christians are against abortion quite the few of them actually comitts vilonet crimes against other people. I believe abortion is wrong, but NOT because of my religious belies, but because I dont support murder of a unborn child.

"In your case, a person with different views on the world and going with the fact that there is no evidence against God's existance at all and being a Theist. See, you are no better than them at all. "

However when every claim a religion makes turns out to be wrong (including those about God's existence) as those of Christianity have been demonstrated to be, then no one in a free society should have to live under the tenents of that religion even if the majority of citizens happen to belong to that religion which is probably why America's founding fathers were so much in favor of the separation of churh and state.

it doesnt actually, there is no evidence for non-existance of God, and yes no one should live under anything, why do you keep acting like there is all the time is beyond me, really. Everyone should be able to choose what they want to beleive in, and shouldnt discriminate anyone, like you do to chritians all the time on this forum. And

They are no wrose than your type of fundamentalism

Their beliefs have far worse consequences for our society than anything that I happen to believe because in our supposed freest nation on earth they work to the detriment of many of those that subscribe to them as well as serve to keep others from living as freely and from having as much enjoyment in their lives as they would like to have.

Thats only what you want to beleive in

Akvod said:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/opinion/sunday/24friedman.html?src=me&ref=general

Make Way for the Radical Center

DID I mention that I’ve signed a pledge — just like those Republican congressmen who have signed written promises to different political enforcers not to raise taxes or permit same-sex marriage? My pledge is to never vote for anyone stupid enough to sign a pledge — thereby abdicating their governing responsibilities in a period of incredibly rapid change and financial stress. Sorry, I’ve signed it. Nothing more I can do.

If this kind of idiocy by elected officials sends you into a hair-pulling rage and leaves you wishing that we had more options today than our two-party system is putting forward — for instance, a party that would have offered a grand bargain on the deficit two years ago, not on the eve of a Treasury default — not only are you not alone, but help may be on the way.

Thanks to a quiet political start-up that is now ready to show its hand, a viable, centrist, third presidential ticket, elected by an Internet convention, is going to emerge in 2012. I know it sounds gimmicky — an Internet convention — but an impressive group of frustrated Democrats, Republicans and independents, called Americans Elect, is really serious, and they have thought out this process well. In a few days, Americans Elect will formally submit the 1.6 million signatures it has gathered to get on the presidential ballot in California as part of its unfolding national effort to get on the ballots of all 50 states for 2012.

The goal of Americans Elect is to take a presidential nominating process now monopolized by the Republican and Democratic parties, which are beholden to their special interests, and blow it wide open — guaranteeing that a credible third choice, nominated independently, will not only be on the ballot in every state but be able to take part in every presidential debate and challenge both parties from the middle with the best ideas on how deal with the debt, education and jobs.

“Our goal is to open up what has been an anticompetitive process to people in the middle who are unsatisfied with the choices of the two parties,” said Kahlil Byrd, the C.E.O. of Americans Elect, speaking from its swank offices, financed with some serious hedge-fund money, a stone’s throw from the White House.

As the group explains on its Web site, www.americanselect.org: “Americans Elect is the first-ever open nominating process. We’re using the Internet to give every single voter — Democrat, Republican or independent — the power to nominate a presidential ticket in 2012. The people will choose the issues. The people will choose the candidates. And in a secure, online convention next June, the people will make history by putting their choice on the ballot in every state.”

Here is how it will work, explains Elliot Ackerman, an Iraq war veteran with a Silver Star, who serves as the chief operating officer of Americans Elect, and whose father, Peter, a successful investor, has been a prime engine behind the group. First, anyone interested in becoming a delegate goes to the Americans Elect Web site and registers. As part of that process, you will be asked to fill in a questionnaire about your political priorities: education, foreign policy, the economy, etc. This enables Americans Elect to put you in contact with others who share your views so you can discuss them and organize together. Then you will be invited to draft a candidate or support one who has already been drafted and to contribute to the list of questions that anyone running on the Americans Elect platform will have to answer on the site.

“The questions, the priorities, the nominations and the rules will all come from the community, not from two entrenched parties,” said Ackerman.

Any presidential nominee must conform to all the Constitutional requirements, as well as be considered someone of similar stature to our previous presidents. That means no Lady Gaga allowed. Every candidate will have to post in words or video his or her answers to the platform questions produced by the Americans Elect delegates. In April 2012, the candidate pool will be reduced to six through three rounds of voting. The six, assuming they all want to run, will then have to name their running mates. The only rule is that a Democrat must run with a Republican or independent, and a Republican with a Democrat or independent.

“Each presidential candidate has to pick a running mate outside of their party and reaching across the divide of politics,” said Ackerman. In June 2012, the online convention will choose who among the six will run as the Americans Elect candidate — automatically on the ballot in all 50 states. If President Obama wants to run with John Boehner on the Americans Elect platform that would be fine — provided they go through the process. (President Obama should dump the Democrats and run as an independent, which he is, at heart, anyway.)

Write it down: Americans Elect. What Amazon.com did to books, what the blogosphere did to newspapers, what the iPod did to music, what drugstore.com did to pharmacies, Americans Elect plans to do to the two-party duopoly that has dominated American political life — remove the barriers to real competition, flatten the incumbents and let the people in. Watch out.

Also, for the people who've been replying to my thread. Please stay on topic. A lot of you've pretty much gone on to your wacky extreme shit, the exact stuff that I'm afraid would lead to a fascist movement.

And by fascist movement, I don't mean black shirts, anti-semetism, statism, etc.

I mean a centrist movement, reacting against an polarized political landscape, whose members have lost faith in the current government and democracy. I don't think the time is ready yet, but if unemployment continues to stay at its current level, it will happen.

In a way, I can see the Tea Party serving the same function as the strengthened socialist movement did in Europe. An radical political group (right this time, instead of left) making moderates and the middle class afraid. Combine that with the already existing fear of the imaginary American socialists, you have a middle class that feels like it's under siege by the left and right.

It's already happening in Europe. People are getting desperate and they are getting pissed at the current economic situation. I'm a Keynesian, that is, a believer that the government has to do something to end recessions as quick as possible, because I believe this is what can happen. Liberalism cannot surivive, if it seems like it's unable to provide, to deliver. Right now, the people feel like their governments, the free market, that everything has failed. And they're not just going to sit around.

Whether you're a libertarian, a social liberal, conservative (US definition), Republican, Democrat, etc. Whatever you believe the solution is to our economic situation, we all need to be afraid of this. Afraid of a centrist movement that reacts against everything we have right now.

Won't work. The emergence of a third party either leads to the quick death of the third party or the quick death of one of the other two, the system repolarizes, and the status quo is swiftly restored.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Player1X3 wrote the bolded.  I wrote the plain text.

Wow, you honestly believe 50% to 40% of people believe in no God? Damn, you live in a delusional world. Aside from abrahamic religions, there are monotheistic religions as well. As for theism as whole, it takes up for about 85% of the world population. The ret is mostly agnostic.

Actually, what I said was that 40 to 50% of the world either believe in no god or a god that is in no way connected to Christianity because the other 40 to 50% believes in Hinduism, Buddhism, Atheism( ie. Gods not connected to Christianity or no gods at all.  the info is contained in this video beginning around the 22:40 minute mark -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQRG-xsw3kM ).

So basically, you have no idea what ''a major claim'' of Christianity is? Go actually read the Bible and than come back and spew the same crap you are now. Major claim of Christianity IS NOT THAT the Earth is 6000 years old. IT IS NOT that people were created by God (but rather designed) And  since when did science prove the existance of universe. It has extremly limited knowledge of it, and it hasnt been able to prove the orgin of the universe yet. And most scientist would agree that some sort of God or prime mover is the best solution possible for the orgin of the universe.

I know full well what the major claims of Christianity are and science has discredited almost all of them.  Really the only one that science hasn't discredited is the one about the return of Jesus, but you know, the religionists keep moving the goal posts on that one.  Your statement that science hasn't proven the existence of the universe is one of the stupidest statements that I've ever heard.  And actually, the vast majority of elite scientists (well over 85%) reject the notion that any kind of god or supreme being exists.  The information is also contained in this video -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQRG-xsw3kM

I already debunked this in my other post on which you choose to ingore. Look up on couple of pages back. Jesus Christ of Nazareth did historically exist. Itsa fully proven historical fact, that fundamentalist atheist like yourself really try their best to avoid.

Actually, whether or not Jesus was a historical person is very much under dispute as there really are no independent sourcesexcept for a few disputed references in Josephus whom also writes in his book that Hercules was a historical figure.  And certainly even if Jesus was a historical figure there is much dispute over the events of Jesus' life and a great amount of doubt over whether anything that the Synoptic Gospels Mark, Mathew, Luke, and John contained in the New Testament (the first of which wasn't written until 30 to 40 years after Jesus' death -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxh0pC6CT7Q ) had to say about him really had any basis in truth.  As a matter of fact the most reputable authorities on the subject The Jesus Seminar actually think that a Gnostic book like The Gospel of Thomas might be much more in line with what Jesus really had to say than anything contained in the Bible.  And really the only hard physical evidence that Jesus ever existed is his supposed crypt ( containing his remains) in the Jerusalem Museum even though most authorities dispute that as well.

Oh you definitevly hate them, dont even try to deny that. And again, you judge whole group of people by the actions of small minority. And you want Christians to move beyond Christian beliefs? So what exactly makes them Christian then? And let me say this, you have a an extremly wrong and ignorant view of christian beleifs. Slave system, seriously?  Christianity is the most liberal religion out of all abrahamic religions. But a person like you probably doesnt know jack shit about Christianity and only sees and hears what it wants to see and hear.

No, I don't hate them.  I know they're wrong and that their beliefs are detrimental to society.  It doesn't mean I hate them.  I probably do hate their beliefs as they are wrong and detrimental to society, but that doesn't mean I hate the people that hold them.  I know quite a bit about Christianity.  I studied it at the university level in a real university what about you and I received excellent marks in my classes on the subject what about you?

Oh well, all of your points are moot.  Christianity is exactly as I've described it a descendant of the Ancient Egyptian slave religion that is a very negative force in the 21st Century.  I know you like to think that your religion isn't bad because that continues to allow you to feel good about it,  however, it is the religion's foundational document itself that advocates killing and discriminating against others and continuing wars between various tribes until the end of time.  Check out The Amazing Atheist and Robert Price videos that I've linked to maybe they will help you to  see the light as the old saying has it.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/World/20110802/greece-economic-and-political-crisis-110802/

The Associated Press

Date: Tuesday Aug. 2, 2011 6:14 AM ET

ATHENS, Greece — They descended by the hundreds -- black-shirted, bat-wielding youths chasing down dark-skinned immigrants through the streets of Athens and beating them senseless in an unprecedented show of force by Greece's far-right extremists.

In Greece, alarm is rising that the twin crises of financial meltdown and soaring illegal immigration are creating the conditions for a right-wing rise -- and the Norway massacre on Monday drove authorities to beef up security.

The move comes amid spiraling social unrest that has unleashed waves of rioting and vigilante thuggery on the streets of Athens. The U.N.'s refugee agency warns that some Athens neighborhoods have become zones where "fascist groups have established an odd lawless regime."

Greek police on Monday said they have increased security checks at Muslim prayer houses and other immigrant sites in response to the Norway shooting rampage that claimed 77 lives.

"There has been an increase in monitoring at these sites since the events occurred in Norway," said police spokesman Thanassis Kokkalakis.

Greece's fears are shared across Europe. Last week, EU counterterror officials held an emergency meeting in Brussels on ways to combat right-wing violence and rising Islamophobia, warning of a "major risk" of Norway copycats. The massacre by Anders Behring Breivik prompted continent-wide soul-searching about whether authorities have neglected the threat of right-wing extremists as they focus on jihadist terror.

Greece, however, may be particularly worrisome because of the intersection of extreme economic distress and rampant illegal immigration, which can create fertile ground for the rise of rightist movements. Immigrant scapegoating has been rife here as unemployment balloons amid economic catastrophe.

Even as Greece founders under mountains of debt, illegal immigrants have been streaming into the country across the Turkish border — turning Greece into the migrant world's gateway to Europe. Last year, Greece accounted for 90 percent of the bloc's detected illegal border crossings, compared to 75 percent in 2009.

The UNHCR and Muslim groups say hate crimes have risen sharply, although police do not have hard numbers.

The xenophobic rage exploded in May, when youths rampaged through a heavily immigrant neighborhood in broad daylight, knifing and beating foreigners. The attacks left at least 25 people hospitalized with stab wounds or severe beatings. Athens has since suffered a spate of hate attacks by far-rightists.

Last November, the leader of a neo-Nazi group won a seat on Athens' city council, with an unprecedented 5.3 percent of the vote.

The UNHCR warns of daily attacks by fascist groups in central Athens.

"There has been a dangerous escalation in phenomena of racist violence targeting indiscriminately aliens, based solely on their skin color or country of origin," the UNHCR wrote in a June report.

"In certain areas of Athens, cruel and criminal attacks are nearly a daily phenomenon staged by fascist groups that have established an odd lawless regime."

Immigrants testify to the growing atmosphere of hostility.

"I receive threats all the time," Naim Elgandour, the Egyptian-born head of the Muslim Association of Greece, said in an interview.

"Things have gotten much worse lately. It's an alarm bell from the rest for Europe," he said. "There may be 5,000 hardcore extremists in Athens, by they are gaining sympathy and tolerance by the day."

Elgandour said at least 10 makeshift mosques — basements and coffee shops converted by immigrants to use as prayer sites — have been damaged in firebomb and vandalism attacks in the past year.

Under the strain of fast-growing unemployment and new immigrant arrivals, once middle-class neighborhoods north of the center are turning into a rightist-ridden slums.

Police with machine guns guard intersections, white brothel lights line narrow back streets, and young men from violent far-right groups sit casually in squares, sipping cans of beer and hoping to intimidate immigrants.

Police spokesman Kokkalakis said violence by far-right groups has seen "periodical increases" but lacked numbers to point to a trend. But he said most cases of violence that appeared to have a "racial component" in Athens turned out to be the result of rivalry between criminal gangs.

Analysts argue that once-marginalized extremist groups are gaining a foothold in mainstream society for the first time, filling a perceived gap in law enforcement in crime-ridden neighborhoods, and benefiting from a surge in popular anger against the political establishment.

Since winning a seat on Athens City Council, Nikolaos Michaloliakos, head of the violent far-right group Golden Dawn, has tailored his recent rhetoric to the financial crisis.

"We are living in an enslaved country, financially and nationally," Michaloliakos, a 54-year-old mathematician, told supporters last month, giving a speech under a statue of Alexander the Great.

"We have a bankrupt economy and the thieving politicians responsible go unpunished," he said. "How long do they think they can keep lying and fooling the Greek people? Whether they like it or not, the hour of Golden Dawn and nationalist revolution is coming."

Aristotle Kallis, a professor of modern history at Lancaster University in Britain, studies European fascism. He argued that Greek extremists are losing the stigma of being associated with the 1967-74 far-right dictatorship and becoming more similar other European groups — sharing ideas and methods on the Internet.

"Since the 1990s, Greek nationalism has mutated quite substantially," Kallis wrote in an email to the AP, warning of a broader European rise in bigotry.

"We are ... becoming complacent about a wider, deep and dangerous prejudice against immigrants that is spreading well beyond the constituency of the conventional far-right."

EdHieron said:

THIS WILL BE MY LAST RESPONS TO THIS TOPIC SINCE AS YOURE TOO MUCH OF A HATEFULL AND DELUSIONAL PERSON TO BE RASOND WITH IN THIS TOPIC

Actually, what I said was that 40 to 50% of the world either believe in no god or a god that is in no way connected to Christianity because the other 40 to 50% believes in Hinduism, Buddhism, Atheism( ie. Gods not connected to Christianity or no gods at all.  the info is contained in this video beginning around the 22:40 minute mark -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQRG-xsw3kM ).

Hinduists beleive in God as well, buddhist beleive in spiritual life and higher power, only a small minority of sad, angry and hateful people like you are atheists in the world. There are less than 15% of them and that is counting agnostics. Most of the world is theistic and kuch less atheistic as you think it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religions_by_country

I know full well what the major claims of Christianity are and science has discredited almost all of them.  Really the only one that science hasn't discredited is the one about the return of Jesus, but you know, the religionists keep moving the goal posts on that one.  Your statement that science hasn't proven the existence of the universe is one of the stupidest statements that I've ever heard.  And actually, the vast majority of elite scientists (well over 85%) reject the notion that any kind of god or supreme being exists.  The information is also contained in this video -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQRG-xsw3kM

Yup, you still dont have a single clue what a major claim of Christianity is. Major claim of Christianity is based from moral standpoint, it has something to do with morals and lifestyle, it has nothing to do with either science or the world around us. You just dont know anything about the religion you hate so much, do you?And science hasnt proven how universe is created, there are just bunch of thoeries and most of them come to the point where Universe had some sort of prime mover (GOD) which started it all. Evrything (inlcuding time itself) can not come out of nothing. and TheAmazingAtheist is your source now? That neck bearded fat pasty overfed underfucked basment dwelwing perma virgin? Getting little desperate now? As for scientists, lots of them DO BELEIVE in God, you just dont want to acknowledge the fact.Here is an actual REAL source

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion#Religion_and_science

Actually, whether or not Jesus was a historical person is very much under dispute as there really are no independent sourcesexcept for a few disputed references in Josephus whom also writes in his book that Hercules was a historical figure.  And certainly even if Jesus was a historical figure there is much dispute over the events of Jesus' life and a great amount of doubt over whether anything that the Synoptic Gospels Mark, Mathew, Luke, and John contained in the New Testament (the first of which wasn't written until 30 to 40 years after Jesus' death -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxh0pC6CT7Q ) had to say about him really had any basis in truth.  As a matter of fact the most reputable authorities on the subject The Jesus Seminar actually think that a Gnostic book like The Gospel of Thomas might be much more in line with what Jesus really had to say than anything contained in the Bible.  And really the only hard physical evidence that Jesus ever existed is his supposed crypt ( containing his remains) in the Jerusalem Museum even though most authorities dispute that as well.

Havent I already given non-biblical source for the historic existance of Jesus Christ? If I didnt let me do it agian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrRQqYGf4O0  Watch  all 4 parts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqlFkGaDV_M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qUcXXbde4w&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGb3pOq8ihc&feature=related

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_Jesus

There is no dispute for Jesus christ being amyth that wasnt already been disputed by scholars. Zeitgeist is a prime example. I dont know why atheists like yourself try so hard to disprove him, when most scholars, both biblical and non biblical would agree he edxiste. Weather his deity as  son God was true is debatable and non proven for now

No, I don't hate them.  I know they're wrong and that their beliefs are detrimental to society.  It doesn't mean I hate them.  I probably do hate their beliefs as they are wrong and detrimental to society, but that doesn't mean I hate the people that hold them.  I know quite a bit about Christianity.  I studied it at the university level in a real university what about you and I received excellent marks in my classes on the subject what about you?

In my opinnion, your beleifs are million times more dangerous, not only for a socitey but for the whole planet, seeing as you would like to persecute a group of 2.2 billion people and ban their freedom. As for my knowldge of christianty, I started learning about ever since I was 8 for all kinds of books and sources. And my priest, who has studied christianty for whole his life helped me quite the bit.

Oh well, all of your points are moot.  Christianity is exactly as I've described it a descendant of the Ancient Egyptian slave religion that is a very negative force in the 21st Century.  I know you like to think that your religion isn't bad because that continues to allow you to feel good about it,  however, it is the religion's foundational document itself that advocates killing and discriminating against others and continuing wars between various tribes until the end of time.  Check out The Amazing Atheist and Robert Price videos that I've linked to maybe they will help you to  see the light as the old saying has it.

You actually ignroed most of my points, Christianity is in ALL ways different from egyptian religions (as such evidence can be seen in elliot's Nesch final part of Zeitgeits's rebuttal) the only thing that is similar to it are symbolics. And thats hardl relevant to prove one religion wrong,as you so hardly seek. And I do not need to justify my religion for the 2000000th time to a hateful person like yourself

Player1x3 said:
EdHieron said:

1.)  THIS WILL BE MY LAST RESPONS TO THIS TOPIC SINCE AS YOURE TOO MUCH OF A HATEFULL AND DELUSIONAL PERSON TO BE RASOND WITH IN THIS TOPIC

2.)  Hinduists beleive in God as well, buddhist beleive in spiritual life and higher power, only a small minority of sad, angry and hateful people like you are atheists in the world. There are less than 15% of them and that is counting agnostics. Most of the world is theistic and kuch less atheistic as you think it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religions_by_country

3.)  Yup, you still dont have a single clue what a major claim of Christianity is. Major claim of Christianity is based from moral standpoint, it has something to do with morals and lifestyle, it has nothing to do with either science or the world around us. You just dont know anything about the religion you hate so much, do you?And science hasnt proven how universe is created, there are just bunch of thoeries and most of them come to the point where Universe had some sort of prime mover (GOD) which started it all. Evrything (inlcuding time itself) can not come out of nothing. and TheAmazingAtheist is your source now? That neck bearded fat pasty overfed underfucked basment dwelwing perma virgin? Getting little desperate now? As for scientists, lots of them DO BELEIVE in God, you just dont want to acknowledge the fact.Here is an actual REAL source

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion#Religion_and_science

4.) I already debunked this in my other post on which you choose to ingore. Look up on couple of pages back. Jesus Christ of Nazareth did historically exist. Itsa fully proven historical fact, that fundamentalist atheist like yourself really try their best to avoid.

5.) Havent I already given non-biblical source for the historic existance of Jesus Christ? If I didnt let me do it agian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrRQqYGf4O0  Watch  all 4 parts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqlFkGaDV_M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qUcXXbde4w&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGb3pOq8ihc&feature=related

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_Jesus

6.)  There is no dispute for Jesus christ being amyth that wasnt already been disputed by scholars. Zeitgeist is a prime example. I dont know why atheists like yourself try so hard to disprove him, when most scholars, both biblical and non biblical would agree he edxiste. Weather his deity as  son God was true is debatable and non proven for now

7.)  Oh you definitevly hate them, dont even try to deny that. And again, you judge whole group of people by the actions of small minority. And you want Christians to move beyond Christian beliefs? So what exactly makes them Christian then? And let me say this, you have a an extremly wrong and ignorant view of christian beleifs. Slave system, seriously?  Christianity is the most liberal religion out of all abrahamic religions. But a person like you probably doesnt know jack shit about Christianity and only sees and hears what it wants to see and hear.

8.)  In my opinnion, your beleifs are million times more dangerous, not only for a socitey but for the whole planet, seeing as you would like to persecute a group of 2.2 billion people and ban their freedom. As for my knowldge of christianty, I started learning about ever since I was 8 for all kinds of books and sources. And my priest, who has studied christianty for whole his life helped me quite the bit.

9.)  You actually ignroed most of my points, Christianity is in ALL ways different from egyptian religions (as such evidence can be seen in elliot's Nesch final part of Zeitgeits's rebuttal) the only thing that is similar to it are symbolics. And thats hardl relevant to prove one religion wrong,as you so hardly seek. And I do not need to justify my religion for the 2000000th time to a hateful person like yourself

1.)  You're the delusional one buddy as you're the one that insists on believing in a god that there's no evidence for.

2.)  Hinduists definitely don't believe in your god and neither do Buddhists only Jews, Christians, and Muslems do.

3.) As Carl Sagan said if one insists that God always existed one can insist that the universe always existed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E-_DdX8Ke0) .

4.)  Most reputable scholars, you know not the ones that graduated from Bible Colleges, are actually very much in disagreement about the historical facts of Jesus life.  Just because a person exists that doesn't prove any of the claims made about them are real especially when they're only written 40 years later and incorporate elements of other legends to build up their own legend.  Many reputable scholars do doubt the historicity of Jesus.  I really only accept Jesus' existence because his tomb with his bone chips and ashes are in it in the Jerusalem Museum.  The fact that his bone chips and ashes are in it don't really speak for the fact if of his empty tomb and resurrection from the dead however (  http://www.deism.com/jesusexist.htm ) .

5.) I watched it already it's mainly just Christian propaganda as I wrote before.  It even insists that Moses wrote The Torah which no serious scholar ( unless they're a graduate from a Bible College ) gives any credence to any more.

6.) You actually made a good point at the end which is what I've been saying all along that even if Jesus was a real person everything about his portrayal in the Bible is very much disputed.

7.)  It is a slave system.  It puts mental blinders on its adherents and teaches not to really push for beneficial changes in their lives as Jesus will according to them return soon and give them mansions and cadillacs and eternal life so they don't need better health care.

8.)  Actually I just want to liberate Christians from their beliefs which would be for the betterment of them and everyone else.  You know they wouldn't be trying to prevent other folks from being as happy as they could be without their religious beliefs calling for sanctions on others that don't even subscribe to their beliefs ie. pagans, gays, etc or their insisting upon supporting mindless tribal wars over a comparatively worthless scrap of land in the Middle East.  If they absolutely have to have their beliefs then I have no problem with their doing as Jesus advocated and worshipping in the privacy of their own closets as long as their kids are taught about real world truth you know like evolution instead of about how some god based on earlier Mesopotamian gods made man fully formed out of clay.

9.) Christianity is exactly the same thing.  Both groups believe in a non existent  afterlife and that if they behave in a certain way they will go there and this belief is very much to both groups' detriment egs. hauling stones up pyramids in veneration of the king and killing yourselves in thousands of numbers in the process or refusing improvements to your health care system because you think Jesus will somehow return someday soon and bring you all the good things your lacking for following his commandments so they work theirr lowly little lives in passive acceptance in fast food restaurant kitchens across America while failing to do much good for themselves or others in the process.