By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

3DS OR PS-VITA...

3DS will beat PS-VITA. 197 42.18%

PS-VITA will beat 3DS. 205 43.90%

See Results... 64 13.70%

Total:466
thismeintiel said:
It may go either way, but I think the PSV may just edge out the 3DS. Sony will probably have Japan on lock. And considering how EMEAA hasn't really exploded in sales for the 3DS, Sony has a good chance there. Americas may be a little more difficult for them, but if they can a continious stream of quality games coming out, it should be too tough of a region.

And Sony may not have Nintendo's first party games, but they didn't need them when they beat (slaughtered being the more accurate term ) Nintendo 2 gens in a row. The fact is that while games are very important, especially later in the systems life, price and HW appeal is what gets people interested and buying at first. Those are 2 things Sony has gotten right for the PSV. So, I think people who believe this handheld gen is going be like the PSP/DS gen or that there will be an even bigger gap between the 2, are just fooling themselves.

Again, I think this was mainly due to the massive 3rd Party support. If a system has 3-4X as many games as another...It would be sad if they didn't win.

I don't think Sony will get that exclusive support again for a long time.

Around the Network

Appart from the accelerometer and gyroscope; didn't the PSV also have a digital or electronic compass?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

trasharmdsister12 said:
TomaTito said:

Appart from the accelerometer and gyroscope; didn't the PSV also have a digital or electronic compass?

Yes.

It should also be noted that the GPS on PSV utilizes triangulation when using 3G and uses IP lookup through Wifi. It isn't a dedicated GPS system. It requires one of these two connectivity options to be enabled and operating. So the wifi-only model can only do location related gaming when connected to a wifi network. Just a clarification for those who weren't sure how GPS will work on PSV.

I thought so, also if I remember correctly only the 3G model had the digital compass, is that still true? And I didn't know that the GPS functions is just a simple antenna lookup, thought it had a dedicated GPS chip.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

oldschoolfool said:
TrevDaRev said:
The whole notion that Nintendo could never possibly lose a handheld battle is laughable. Yes, they've dominated the handheld market ever since they entered it, but, the PSP was the only handheld to give them any sort of challenge. People on here seem to bash and downgrade the PSP at every chance they get, 68+ million units sold speak for themselves. Sure, it isn't anywhere near the DS numbers, sure, it lost the battle against the DS, but, it's still here, and it's still selling. Give credit, where credit is due, Sony didn't go down with a whimper like many of the other challengers to Nintendo. The PSP wasn't a failure, no matter how hard some people try to make it out to be.

OT: This battle will be much closer, Sony has really impressed with the Vita, and lets not forget about the $250 price tag it carries. Software will be the major selling point for both systems, Nintendo will always have Mario and Zelda to fall back on, but, the Vita has a pretty damn good line-up so far. If Sony bring the kind of quality first party games to the Vita like they have done with the Ps3, it'll do just fine.

It did'nt beat the DS,that in itself makes it a failure,not matter how much it sold. lol

No it dosen't! Failure is based on more than whether you came first or not.

ninty_shareholder64 said:
thismeintiel said:
It may go either way, but I think the PSV may just edge out the 3DS. Sony will probably have Japan on lock. And considering how EMEAA hasn't really exploded in sales for the 3DS, Sony has a good chance there. Americas may be a little more difficult for them, but if they can a continious stream of quality games coming out, it should be too tough of a region.

And Sony may not have Nintendo's first party games, but they didn't need them when they beat (slaughtered being the more accurate term ) Nintendo 2 gens in a row. The fact is that while games are very important, especially later in the systems life, price and HW appeal is what gets people interested and buying at first. Those are 2 things Sony has gotten right for the PSV. So, I think people who believe this handheld gen is going be like the PSP/DS gen or that there will be an even bigger gap between the 2, are just fooling themselves.

I think people who believe this handheld gen is going to be like the N64/Ps1 or GC/PS2 are the ones fooling themselves. I can't wait for the explosion in sales for the PSV in EMEAA and Japan on lock; lol.

You're kidding, right? It will be a tough time for the PSV at launch, when Ninty counters with its multi-million sellers. And 3DS could very well be bundled this holiday season, so the price advantage is the other way around, imo.

So, the  HW appeal is the last remaining stronghold for the PSV, and that advantage depends on preferences.

Imo, you're just fooling yourself, but you don't fool me.

Lol, we shall see.

Around the Network

lol its quite ironic that so many people in this thread bash the psp when at this point in time it has beaten the 3ds in terms of units sold for most of the weeks since its debut, imo especially since an improved version to what is arguably the best nintendo game of all time has recently become available for the 3ds

o_O.Q said:

lol its quite ironic that so many people in this thread bash the psp when at this point in time it has beaten the 3ds in terms of units sold for most of the weeks since its debut, imo especially since an improved version to what is arguably the best nintendo game of all time has recently become available for the 3ds

and so? Should we all call doom everywhere and on any 3ds related post?... Yes the psp is selling more at the moment, but at the end of the end that doesnt change the fact that the psp was a failed console in terms of games (At least if you live in the west)... 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

The vita is a great  deal hardware wise, but I'm a little worried for Sony. How much are they losing per unit? With a huge loss per unit, selling plenty of hardware is actually very risky . Well lets just hope their tie ratio makes up for it. They better not get hit with  piracy again.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

3DS has the successflu dual screen type of the DS and the advantage of Nintendo titles which Vita can no way match....

dual screen is a gameplay advantage of the 3DS but this time it will also have advantage on the visual thing because of the 3D which is more exclusive to 3DS than Ps3/Xbox 360 graphics are on the PSV

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

I dont know whos gonna win but sure hope its the Vita. Anyone who denies that the Vita has superior graphics and control option is out of their mind.