By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 First-Party 'Has Been Superior' to PS3, Wii, says Microsoft

Ping_ii said:
sales2099 said:
Ping_ii said:
sales2099 said:
Ping_ii said:
sales2099 said:
he just should have said it was beter then sonys

after all, no ps3 exclusive can touch the sales of Halo or gears

LOL?

1.how does sales make a game better? no 360 exclusive even scored 96 on meta and won over 35 GOTY like uncharted 2 did sales aint gonna change that....

2.No ps3 exclusive can touch halo and gears sales? is that why GT5 outsold gears already? not to mention GTprolog and Uncharted 2 aint even that far behinde gears and no halo even sold more than the highest selling GT game(15m).....

3. Gears isn't even first party READ THE TITLE^^^ so I dont even know why your bringing that up its just adds more proof that MS first party is weak... 

1. its a business. corporations value sales more. Has nothing to do with quality. Still with the Uncharted 2?? LOL i bet youll say that well into the next gen.

2. GT is the exception to the rule......I thought this was common knowledge?

3. Gears is published by MS Game Studios.

1.What do I or gamers out there get from sales? NOTHING while your precious MS is bragging about their gazzilion sales which you dont get a single dime Im enjoying none stop quality exclusives such as uncharted 2 that won 35 goty ROFLMAO! have fun counting money MS made...ohh wait you dont get jack from it nor does it make your game increase in quality to be able to win GOTY.......

2. Ohh so now your back tracking your statement that not a single ps3 exclusive can touch your precious gears in sales when your proven wrong cause you opened your mouth too early than actually checking first.

3.Gears is owned by EPIC GAMES a 3rd party developer so NO its not first party....come to think of it since gears isn't even 1st party that leaves MS with just halo as big seller what else do they have? crackdown didnt even reach a mil and forza sells like uncharted but hey aparently selling 4m isn't a big seller right? or does it only apply if its ps3 exclusive? AHAHAHAHAH!

1. I love this. This is the problem most gamers have. This is CORPORATE news. Doesnt concern u as a gamer? Too bad. They are talking business......and you just wanna spin it so its relevant to you. Doesnt work that way. This article is clearly refering to the BUSINESS side of things....aka sales of games like Halo vs the comparatively weak sales of most ps3 exclusives outside GT. 

Its 2 years since Uncharted 2.....and your giving me the ROFLMAO???? That kinda says something bad on your part like "its been 2 years and thats still my best comeback". Gamers cared more about ODST then Uncharted 2, jus saying :P

2. Still true. Outside GT, ps3 gamers legitimately dont care as much as 360 gamers care about Gears or Halo. 

3. Not 1st party but still published by MGS, which counts. 

1. LOL business what the fuck do I care as a gamer about how Micosoft runs their stupid company? Am i suppose to enjoy watch them brag about their units sold as oppsed to playing games? its not a spin its just that I dont give a mother f about MS business if any the one spinning here is MS yeh use sales to show their games are superior(which isnt even true as shown Ninty owns in this area) because they know they cant win QUALITY wise which is more important to consumers/gamers than how much unit it sold. I mean FFS how  do you enjoy playing sales? maybe for a small number of ppl like you who buys console/games because they enjoy watching MS gain money not playing.

And so what if its 2 years since Uncharted 2? its been what 1-2years since the last halo and gears either and your still bragging about it I dont even get your point in this one.....maybe you just cant handle that Uncharted 2 won 35 goty and halo's 10m sales cant change that?

2. Okay by your stupid logic Outside of halo 360 owners dont give a shit about their exclusives. forza didn't sell 10m,crackdown 2 didn't even sell 1m, alanwake barely reached 1m. fable only sells 3m.

3.No it doesnt count you just said it your self  GEARS is not owned by MS nor IS developed by MS owned studio obviously it means its not first part learn to read FFS.

Again.....the origional news article is talking about sales of MS first party titles. Whether you care or not is irrelevant. Your also talking on a sales forum, remember that. Maybe you just cant handle that despite uncharted 2s critical acclaim that games like ODST outsold it. Awards are good, but the consumer is always right. PS3 gamers just dont care as much. Find yourself a better comeback, cause nobody cares anymore.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
sales2099 said:
Ping_ii said:
sales2099 said:

LOL?

1.how does sales make a game better? no 360 exclusive even scored 96 on meta and won over 35 GOTY like uncharted 2 did sales aint gonna change that....

2.No ps3 exclusive can touch halo and gears sales? is that why GT5 outsold gears already? not to mention GTprolog and Uncharted 2 aint even that far behinde gears and no halo even sold more than the highest selling GT game(15m).....

3. Gears isn't even first party READ THE TITLE^^^ so I dont even know why your bringing that up its just adds more proof that MS first party is weak... 

1. its a business. corporations value sales more. Has nothing to do with quality. Still with the Uncharted 2?? LOL i bet youll say that well into the next gen.

MS published Gears, but they don't own the IP, which is why shit will hit the fan come next year. Prepare to be drowned in Halo.

Doesnt own the IP....but still is MGS. Thats the point. 

Halo.......a proven AAA franchise (spinoffs and expansions get AA but thats still great). A game millions of loyal fans just cant get enough of......

Drown away I say :)

What the hell are you talking about? Gears isn't a MGS title. It's an Epic games title. You need to get your facts straight dude.

sales2099 said:
Ping_ii said:
sales2099 said:
Ping_ii said:
sales2099 said:
Ping_ii said:
sales2099 said:

LOL?

1.What do I or gamers out there get from sales? NOTHING while your precious MS is bragging about their gazzilion sales which you dont get a single dime Im enjoying none stop quality exclusives such as uncharted 2 that won 35 goty ROFLMAO! have fun counting money MS made...ohh wait you dont get jack from it nor does it make your game increase in quality to be able to win GOTY.......

2. Ohh so now your back tracking your statement that not a single ps3 exclusive can touch your precious gears in sales when your proven wrong cause you opened your mouth too early than actually checking first.

3.Gears is owned by EPIC GAMES a 3rd party developer so NO its not first party....come to think of it since gears isn't even 1st party that leaves MS with just halo as big seller what else do they have? crackdown didnt even reach a mil and forza sells like uncharted but hey aparently selling 4m isn't a big seller right? or does it only apply if its ps3 exclusive? AHAHAHAHAH!

1. I love this. This is the problem most gamers have. This is CORPORATE news. Doesnt concern u as a gamer? Too bad. They are talking business......and you just wanna spin it so its relevant to you. Doesnt work that way. This article is clearly refering to the BUSINESS side of things....aka sales of games like Halo vs the comparatively weak sales of most ps3 exclusives outside GT. 

Its 2 years since Uncharted 2.....and your giving me the ROFLMAO???? That kinda says something bad on your part like "its been 2 years and thats still my best comeback". Gamers cared more about ODST then Uncharted 2, jus saying :P

2. Still true. Outside GT, ps3 gamers legitimately dont care as much as 360 gamers care about Gears or Halo. 

3. Not 1st party but still published by MGS, which counts. 

1. LOL business what the fuck do I care as a gamer about how Micosoft runs their stupid company? Am i suppose to enjoy watch them brag about their units sold as oppsed to playing games? its not a spin its just that I dont give a mother f about MS business if any the one spinning here is MS yeh use sales to show their games are superior(which isnt even true as shown Ninty owns in this area) because they know they cant win QUALITY wise which is more important to consumers/gamers than how much unit it sold. I mean FFS how  do you enjoy playing sales? maybe for a small number of ppl like you who buys console/games because they enjoy watching MS gain money not playing.

And so what if its 2 years since Uncharted 2? its been what 1-2years since the last halo and gears either and your still bragging about it I dont even get your point in this one.....maybe you just cant handle that Uncharted 2 won 35 goty and halo's 10m sales cant change that?

2. Okay by your stupid logic Outside of halo 360 owners dont give a shit about their exclusives. forza didn't sell 10m,crackdown 2 didn't even sell 1m, alanwake barely reached 1m. fable only sells 3m.

3.No it doesnt count you just said it your self  GEARS is not owned by MS nor IS developed by MS owned studio obviously it means its not first part learn to read FFS.

Again.....the origional news article is talking about sales of MS first party titles. Whether you care or not is irrelevant. Your also talking on a sales forum, remember that. Maybe you just cant handle that despite uncharted 2s critical acclaim that games like ODST outsold it. Awards are good, but the consumer is always right. PS3 gamers just dont care as much. Find yourself a better comeback, cause nobody cares anymore.

Ohh and despite forza being critically acclaim GT5 outsold it...whats your point? its just brand name sales dont prove nothing GT5 is more well knowed than Forza.

Im in a sales forum? no this is a forum for gaming in general else they wouln't even be having front page news about games/developers/DLCs or forum options to discuss games... newb much?

PS3 gamers dont care as much about what? games? why? because uncharted/God of war/LBP/KZ  etc only sells 2-4m or 5m copies? I said it before and I'll say it again besides halo what other MS franchise sells 10m that you like brag about? NONE so xbox gamers dont care either by your ungodly stupid logic. you act as if all of 360 exclusives sells gazzilion like halo when in fact most of them( fable/forza/crackdown etc) sells just like ps3 exclusives.

The only place Xbox beats Playstation in terms of quality games is the download sector. where PSN gets the Pixeljunk stuff and Fat Princess, Xbox Live gets LIMBO...wait, that was just released on PSN. then there's Braid...wait, that was too. What about Super Meat Boy?....right, that's on PC. Oh, I know, Shadow Complex!

But seriously, XBLA has some phenomenal games, where PSN has some good ones too, but not nearly as many and not quite as good.

When it comes to Retail, I just can't argue against the PS3, sorry guys. sure, not one of them sell through the roof, but that's not for lack of quality, it's because Sony has admitted they "won't put forth the [aggressive] marketing Microsoft does." they don't go on campaigns to promote their games, and have always been advocates of "make good games, they will buy."

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Seece said:

And that's not all - in a recent interview with IndustryGamers, Xbox CFO Dennis Durkin insisted that the first-party studio system at Microsoft Game Studios is actually "superior" to Sony or Nintendo.

It's a good thing that it wasn't Sony who made such a statement because there would countless posts about Sony being arrogant and not having learned their lesson. I love double standards.

But anyway, of course he would say that, I don't blame him.

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:

I knew development cost and such goes into account whether a game is AAA or not, but I always considered scores and reviews as a big part of it. You can spend huge amounts on development, but if quality doesn't reflect those cost, reviews and scores will have more impact on the game sales than the development cost.  

Isn't Alan Wake considered an AAA game? It has an 83 average score on metecritic, but it had some very positive reviews and a 5-6 year development cycle. Same with GT5.

naruball said:
smroadkill15 said:

I knew development cost and such goes into account whether a game is AAA or not, but I always considered scores and reviews as a big part of it. You can spend huge amounts on development, but if quality doesn't reflect those cost, reviews and scores will have more impact on the game sales than the development cost.  

Isn't Alan Wake considered an AAA game? It has an 83 average score on metecritic, but it had some very positive reviews and a 5-6 year development cycle. Same with GT5.

AAA doesn't mean anything it's something companies and websites use to create hype for a game, it's absolutely meaningless 

sales2099 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
sales2099 said:
Ping_ii said:
sales2099 said:

LOL?

MS published Gears, but they don't own the IP, which is why shit will hit the fan come next year. Prepare to be drowned in Halo.

Halo.......a proven AAA franchise (spinoffs and expansions get AA but thats still great). A game millions of loyal fans just cant get enough of......

sales2099 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
sales2099 said:
Ping_ii said:
sales2099 said:

LOL?

To me Halo is in the shadow of Gears (which has a crappy storyline, but the action is amazing). Halo is the image of what the Xbox product is all about (which is quite sad and it should be more diverse). The Xbox console has tired me out from first person shooters. The only refreshing shooter I see coming out is Rage and Deus Ex, but then again they aren't solely shooters but have other genre elements. I like depth. You are free to drown in a pool of the same. It just sucks that games like Dark Souls, The Witcher 2 and Catherine will go unnoticed. Look at their sales on the Xbox 360 to see what I mean when the time comes. Wrong clientel and I am getting another 360 for the Witcher 2, so I know its value and it's more valuable that probably the whole 360 library imo (yet will not even reach the sales in which it's worth).When Sony wasn't doing their job earlier in the gen, Microsoft was the image of what Sony was with the PS2, giving affordability and variety to all. Now they are just like the old Xbox. Luckily Microsoft published the Witcher 2. I'll enjoy that.....you enjoy your Halo.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
sales2099 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
sales2099 said:
Ping_ii said:
sales2099 said:

LOL?

To me Halo is in the shadow of Gears (which has a crappy storyline, but the action is amazing). Halo is the image of what the Xbox product is all about (which is quite sad and it should be more diverse). The Xbox console has tired me out from first person shooters. The only refreshing shooter I see coming out is Rage and Deus Ex, but then again they aren't solely shooters but have other genre elements. I like depth. You are free to drown in a pool of the same. It just sucks that games like Dark Souls, The Witcher 2 and Catherine will go unnoticed. Look at their sales on the Xbox 360 to see what I mean when the time comes. Wrong clientel and I am getting another 360 for the Witcher 2, so I know its value and it's more valuable that probably the whole 360 library imo (yet will not even reach the sales in which it's worth).When Sony wasn't doing their job earlier in the gen, Microsoft was the image of what Sony was with the PS2, giving affordability and variety to all. Now they are just like the old Xbox. Luckily Microsoft published the Witcher 2. I'll enjoy that.....you enjoy your Halo.

It seems likely that witcher 2 is going to come to ps3, so you might wanna wait on buying another 360