By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 First-Party 'Has Been Superior' to PS3, Wii, says Microsoft

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Not true dude. Sony has been destroying Microsoft all year. 

Maybe, and Micrsoft destroyed Sony in from March 2010 to February 2011 and from the looks of it, Now onwards to the end of 2011. Ups and downs, you can't just carve out a period without looking at the whole picture.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft hasn't released a AAA exclusive all year, let alone first party.

Neither has Sony unless you include LBP2, which is officially multiplatform. I know you can't be referring to Motorstorm, Socom, KZ3 and Infamous 2 as these are not AAA.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

We're talking about first party here.

Gears of War is first party, as confirmed by Microsoft and CliffyB

Around the Network

Microsoft is starting to sound a lot like Sony.

mendozahotness said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Maybe, and Micrsoft destroyed Sony in from March 2010 to February 2011 and from the looks of it, Now onwards to the end of 2011. Ups and downs, you can't just carve out a period without looking at the whole picture.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Neither has Sony unless you include LBP2, which is officially multiplatform. I know you can't be referring to Motorstorm, Socom, KZ3 and Infamous 2 as these are not AAA.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

i dont know why im even commenting on your nonsensical dribble. but...

what other platform would LBP2 happen to be on. answer. none. and how arent games like KZ3 and inFAMOUS 2 not AAA

also Gears of War is an IP owned by Epic Games, made by EPIC GAMEs (a studio not owned by Microsoft). in no way is it first party

haxxiy said:
And I'm the hottest bear in the whole world. Saying something doesn't make it so.

I'll show you something then..

Can you make as much heat as him?

Former something....

mendozahotness said:

Neither has Sony unless you include LBP2, which is officially multiplatform. 

That's just flat out false!

Around the Network
mendozahotness said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

S.T.A.G.E. said:

S.T.A.G.E. said:

1st response: The picture has been settled that its a landslide. All we need to do is close out the year. It's not like I wont be playing Gears either. It's one of my favorite games.

2nd response: LBP2 is a first party title and isn't multiplatform (LBP the first was on the PSP which is still a playstation product. LBP 2 might be on the Vita but that is up in the air for now)so is KZ3 (AAA), and InFamous 2. Those are the three AAA's that have released these games standing with even more exclusive titles this year. If you want to see a true multiplatform, Microsoft made Fable 3 a PC title now (...yet again).

3rd response: Gears is funded by Microsoft, but is a an IP of Epic games. Microsoft does not own the rights to it and this is their last game in their contract. It's a second party game, not a first party title. If you need clear evidence of this, look no further than the Mass Effect franchise. Micrsoft owned the exclusivity of the first Mass Effect, but not the IP. They paid for development so Sony couldn't get their hands on the franchise. Low and behold, Sony still got it.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
mendozahotness said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

S.T.A.G.E. said:

S.T.A.G.E. said:

1st response: The picture has been settled that its a landslide. All we need to do is close out the year. It's not like I wont be playing Gears either. It's one of my favorite games.

2nd response: LBP2 is a first party title and isn't multiplatform (LBP the first was on the PSP which is still a playstation product. LBP 2 might be on the Vita but that is up in the air for now)so is KZ3 (AAA), and InFamous 2. Those are the three AAA's that have released these games standing with even more exclusive titles this year. If you want to see a true multiplatform, Microsoft made Fable 3 a PC title now (...yet again).

3rd response: Gears is funded by Microsoft, but is a an IP of Epic games. Microsoft does not own the rights to it and this is their last game in their contract. It's a second party game, not a first party title. If you need clear evidence of this, look no further than the Mass Effect franchise. Micrsoft owned the exclusivity of the first Mass Effect, but not the IP. They paid for development so Sony couldn't get their hands on the franchise. Low and behold, Sony still got it.

I agree with you except KZ3 and Infamous 2 are not AAA titles. KZ3 scored 84 on Meta and Infamous 2 scored 83. From my understanding a AAA title is one that scores over 90% on average.   

smroadkill15 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
mendozahotness said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

S.T.A.G.E. said:

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I agree with you for the most part, but KZ3 and Infamous 2 are not AAA titles. KZ3 scored 84 on Meta and Infamous 2 scored 83. From my understanding a AAA title is one that scores over 90% on average.

Metacritic scores are subjective. A AAA title is composed of exceptionally high financial backing in the development of said games and heavy commercialization. InFamous 2 and KZ3 are AAA titles and are both great games. I suggest you try them to see how grand they really are. AAA has nothing to do with scores. AAA's are only expected to get high scores because of how much is put into their development. Said games are given the large investment because of the return expected. This can also prolong a series (Assassins Creed, COD: MW) for added profit based on past profit.

Heres an example:

Demon souls has an 89 critic (not user score) accumilated and is considered a gem title, yet it is low budget.

Now lets look at Duke Nukem Forever which was considered AAA and look at all the fail that has spewed all over the floor (so to speak). The effort put into the game does not match the financial investment, but they probably made the return because of the hype paid for by 2k games.

Also AAA titles generally range from 8.5- 10 ratings not 9.0 as an expected start.

I knew development cost and such goes into account whether a game is AAA or not, but I always considered scores and reviews as a big part of it. You can spend huge amounts on development, but if quality doesn't reflect those cost, reviews and scores will have more impact on the game sales than the development cost.  

Blacksaber said:
haxxiy said:
And I'm the hottest bear in the whole world. Saying something doesn't make it so.

I'll show you something then..

Can you make as much heat as him?

Nah, I'm afraid I cannot... but at least it means I'm cooler than your bear amirite amirite?