By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - must see direct feed forza 4

@goforgold

and now troll away with your gt5 bullshit, this thread is about forza wtf? (i don't say bullshit to gt5)

and i think selnor will be mostly right, most reviews will declare forza graphics better than gt5's but not all like he said. 80-90% will say that...

Around the Network
goforgold said:
selnor said:
goforgold said:

well after the 5 minutes of totally NOT ingame bullshots from the auto vista (which is a cool feature but hardly important) finally the gameplay, ultra bloom and plastic cars texture-less galore, looks good but hardly realistic, GT5 beats in lighting easily, definitely improved the physics though, if just a little, at least you tell the tires are actually touching the road, not like in GT where you experience every bump to the point of madness, but still definitely an improvement over Forza 3, most certainly looks better if just a little, all in all not impressed.

still this is more likely pre alpha footage, and still a ways before release, hoping to see if they can match the feature set in GT ( dynamic weather, day/night transitions, full endurance races, track editor, etc)

Well I'll bet u every single review declares forza 4 over gt 5 gfx. Easy. Forza 4 is the only console game to use hollywoods ibl lighting. And sorry but its all over gt5s hit and miss lighting system. If you've ever driven in a snow covered countryside whilst sunny, you'll know that its bright as hell, sometimes impossible to see because the Sun glares off everything. And the cars ingame are the best models this gen.

Its an easy win for forza 4 across the board. Feature wise, time of day is already confirmed. But the best one is live car clubs. The game is pure ownage.

@ bold *insertsomepeopleneverlearnjgeg*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpzoA0dF40o <----real lighting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQO6JHZl-Cs&feature=related <--- awesome lighting without all teh bloom skip to 3:18 for straight BOSS driving

edit: funny how you mention "hollywood lighiting".....Selnor, I mean I know your british and all but you have to know the universal FACT about hollywood

M8 its all good. Its rather funny the butthurt on the net from gt5 fans at the moment. But that's to be expected. How u guys play gt5 and forgive its many gfx flaws and then try and play f4 down is funny. You realise lighting looks different on a camera lense than real life right? Cameras lose alot of realworld colours. Especially the ones you posted. Life is alot more colourful. Especially when its sunny. HD cameras capture much more colour. I have noticed that with HD cockpit footage of f1 this year. More vibrant bright colours. 

But maybe you guys should make a forza 4 fails video on YouTube like the rest of gt5 fans have. Even one I watched the guy used the excuse forza 4s gfx were better bcos of 1 year longer dev time. Lol. Any excuse will do. 

lestatdark said:
goforgold said:

This video reminds me that I've still to complete Nurb 24H endurance >_>. 

But yeah, GT5 does have some pretty good lightning, especially on the day-to-night transitions. I did find the night lightning in Le Mans to be a bit lacking, especially on the Mulsanne Straight, which isn't as dark IRL as it is on the game. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMh9yLSLXOI&feature=related lol tell me what you see, becasue I see darkness lol, but then I've never been to le mans

goforgold said:

well after the 5 minutes of totally NOT ingame bullshots from the auto vista (which is a cool feature but hardly important) finally the gameplay, ultra bloom and plastic cars texture-less galore, looks good but hardly realistic, GT5 beats in lighting easily, definitely improved the physics though, if just a little, at least you tell the tires are actually touching the road, not like in GT where you experience every bump to the point of madness, but still definitely an improvement over Forza 3, most certainly looks better if just a little, all in all not impressed.

still this is more likely pre alpha footage, and still a ways before release, hoping to see if they can match the feature set in GT ( dynamic weather, day/night transitions, full endurance races, track editor, etc)

GT5 visuals are nothing to brag about either are its pixelated weather effects.

goforgold said:
selnor said:
goforgold said:

Well I'll bet u every single review declares forza 4 over gt 5 gfx. Easy. Forza 4 is the only console game to use hollywoods ibl lighting. And sorry but its all over gt5s hit and miss lighting system. If you've ever driven in a snow covered countryside whilst sunny, you'll know that its bright as hell, sometimes impossible to see because the Sun glares off everything. And the cars ingame are the best models this gen.

Its an easy win for forza 4 across the board. Feature wise, time of day is already confirmed. But the best one is live car clubs. The game is pure ownage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQO6JHZl-Cs&feature=related <--- awesome lighting without all teh bloom skip to 3:18 for straight BOSS driving

edit: funny how you mention "hollywood lighiting".....Selnor, I mean I know your british and all but you have to know the universal FACT about hollywood

M8 its all good. Its rather funny the butthurt on the net from gt5 fans at the moment. But that's to be expected. How u guys play gt5 and forgive its many gfx flaws and then try and play f4 down is funny. You realise lighting looks different on a camera lense than real life right? Cameras lose alot of realworld colours. Especially the ones you posted. Life is alot more colourful. Especially when its sunny. HD cameras capture much more colour. I have noticed that with HD cockpit footage of f1 this year. More vibrant bright colours. 

But maybe you guys should make a forza 4 fails video on YouTube like the rest of gt5 fans have. Even one I watched the guy used the excuse forza 4s gfx were better bcos of 1 year longer dev time. Lol. Any excuse will do. 

Around the Network

yeah that is right. i always wonder why some people complain about to much color in games and then i look out of my window on a sunny day and the clors jump me in my face. that's the reason you always have to photoshop a photo after you take it because you have to adjust the saturation/dynamics. a lot get lost with the lense.

goforgold said:
lestatdark said:
goforgold said:

This video reminds me that I've still to complete Nurb 24H endurance >_>. 

But yeah, GT5 does have some pretty good lightning, especially on the day-to-night transitions. I did find the night lightning in Le Mans to be a bit lacking, especially on the Mulsanne Straight, which isn't as dark IRL as it is on the game. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMh9yLSLXOI&feature=related lol tell me what you see, becasue I see darkness lol, but then I've never been to le mans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMrxIzAjuVQ&feature=related 

This is a better representation of what I was saying. Those large spotlight towers are pretty dim ingame, they don't illuminate anything. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJXEBpsDi_w 

This one is good as well, starting from 1:53 when the Saab enters the Mulsanne.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

selnor said:
goforgold said:
selnor said:
goforgold said:

Forza fails vid.....dude you try to hard, no one is downplaying Forza, but it's lighting isn't realistic and the colors on the cars are highly saturated, that's a from looking at the vid you yourself posted, I mean dude look at the lighting of the cars in the auto vista and then look at the lighting in the actual gameplay it's looks nothing alike. I'm full aware of GT graphical issues because I play the living shit out of it every day, and I'll tell you, any GT fan that says it doesn't have graphical problems are lying to themselves, my biggest gripe it how the smoke heavily pixelates the cars when in third person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn3X31kN8HQ you can see it clearly in this vid, GT5 isn't without it's problems I know that full well, but that Forza vid you posted doesn't at all come near to topping it, and you need to understand not topping don't mean it's worse

there was an interview with Kaz regarding some of their staff playing Forza and he said the got a DIFFERENT approach at sim racing than they do, not we're better, they're inferior, we got the best sim, definitive blah blah blah, no turn 10 does that.....and fanboys, I'm neither just telling it like a see it and your a blind dude if you think the lighting in the Forza vid is more realistic than the GT vids because it's not, and that was turn 10's choice, not because the 360 is weaker than the ps3 crap you always seem to see whenever anyone mentions graphics

Nsanity said:
goforgold said:

GT5 visuals are nothing to brag about either are its pixelated weather effects.

which i hate lol

crissindahouse said:

yeah that is right. i always wonder why some people complain about to much color in games and then i look out of my window on a sunny day and the clors jump me in my face. that's the reason you always have to photoshop a photo after you take it because you have to adjust the saturation/dynamics. a lot get lost with the lense.

Spot on. Watching f1 for real is a dead giveaway. The cars are so much brighter in colour than the tv. The sky bluer, the curbs look so much mor reader to as does the grass greener. There's a reason Hollywood make there films more vibrant. Cameras just don't pick colour up enough. Comparing gt to camera footage isn't good. Its like the devs tried to mimic camera colour, not real life colour.