By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Im thinking im done with Nintendo for awhile.

Perhaps you're right that it was not necessary.

So to make my point in a more direct and less sarcastic way.

The 3DS and WiiU have been proclaimed as being doomed by a significant number of people. They say this despite the fact that they know nothing about the competitors for the WiiU and know very little about the WiiU and Vita. As for the 3DS, if you weren't excited by the game announcements for the 3DS last E3 then I doubt you will ever be excited by anything Nintendo does.

Those who are saying that the WiiU has no games for them, that is because the WiiU is still, most likely, 15 months from launch. Nintendo nowadays announce their games 3-9 months ahead of release, with the exception of a few (such as smash bros, which has already been announced for the WiiU). Next E3 will be when we hear about the WiiU launch library.

Around the Network

Hey guys, I'm fed up of eating sandwiches

Just thought you'd all be really interested

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

I think a fair few people go through this at some point. I know I did... In 2004 I told myself I was done with gaming full stop, but then the Wii brought me back.

Taking a little break might be good for you, and you might rediscover your passion.

VGChartz

scottie said:
I'm thinking I'm done with Sony and Microsoft for a while

I must say Sony and MS gave me many great gaming memories, but in not excited at all for the upcoming consoles. Nor am i yet to care much for Vita. I got on here after staying away for abit around E3 and i just felt nothing. I looked over some of the post and articles and simply just dont care. Last time i was in this frame of mind i didnt buy any new console games for a couple years. Ps3, 360 and PSP brought me back, but it seems the same companies are also why I'm going away again.
Anyways, i might lurk on here some now and then, but unless something changes ill stick to my old games and Lord of the Rings. Nothing really all the big to complain about. Just nothing to really care about console wise.

Anyone else feel like this?

Honestly people.
The 3DS has just launched, it's already got some great games released and confirmed. Loot at the early DS library for comparison. Or look at the Vita library for comparison. Either way, everything is looking up for the 3DS.
The Wii U hasn't even had a launch date announced, and it already has some big games announced. by comaprison, the PS4 and 720 are likely to release 3-12 months after the Wii U, and we have 0 games announced for them.

Sony and MS are d0med!

Has nothing to do with the other two companies.

scottie said:
Perhaps you're right that it was not necessary.

So to make my point in a more direct and less sarcastic way.

The 3DS and WiiU have been proclaimed as being doomed by a significant number of people. They say this despite the fact that they know nothing about the competitors for the WiiU and know very little about the WiiU and Vita. As for the 3DS, if you weren't excited by the game announcements for the 3DS last E3 then I doubt you will ever be excited by anything Nintendo does.

Those who are saying that the WiiU has no games for them, that is because the WiiU is still, most likely, 15 months from launch. Nintendo nowadays announce their games 3-9 months ahead of release, with the exception of a few (such as smash bros, which has already been announced for the WiiU). Next E3 will be when we hear about the WiiU launch library.

Has nothing to do with sells. They could break records that wont change my lack of excitement. What a system does or doesnt sell doesnt change much for me. It was during the Gamecube/PS2 time that i walked away for the most part before, but then seeing the DS and then some stuff about the Wii had me excited and in time i got them both with around 100games total. You would think I a long time gaming fan would be excited now, but im not. I dunno guess well see a year or so from now. Maybe some time away like someone else mentioned is all i need.

Around the Network

Cool, your a bit of a late bloomer, but you'll come to realise that life is a little bit better without Nintendo constantly bugging you and treating you like a child instead of a consumer. I came to the same realisation as you back in 2006, tried to give Nintendo another chance in 2008 and then just dropped them all together. I now play more games than I could ever want, I get introduced to new and interesting games nearly every month and ditching Nintendo was a great first step into online gaming. This is all from someone that was a major supporter of the N64 and the Gamecube and I've found that when a company doesn't attend to your needs then it's best just to move on. Just remember, your not obligated to follow Nintendo, you should just follow the company that's treating you the best.

Scottie wrote a patronising post, I wrote something similar once and I was banned for it, I'm just gonna take the wait and see approach, I doubt much will come out of it.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Gnac said:

Hey guys, I'm fed up of eating sandwiches

Just thought you'd all be really interested

You trolled sandwiches from the start.... but you'll get back to them... they always do...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I have also been feeling like I am done with Nintendo. The Gamecube was pretty much a doorstop with very few good games. As for the Wii the best example for me was Mario Galaxy, a staple and considered one of the best game for the Wii - which I played and didn't enjoy at all and the same goes for the rest of the Nintendo franchises. There are still some good games to play but not enough to justify buying the hardware. I guess I have just outgrown them.

Games4Fun said:

I must say Nintendo has gave me many great gaming memories, but in not excited at all for the upcoming console. Nor am i yet to care much for 3DS. Doesnt help that 2 of the games i really want to play are more than likly never to be seen in the US. I got on here after staying away for abit around E3 and i just felt nothing. I looked over some of the post and articles and simply just dont care. Last time i was in this frame of mind i didnt buy any new console games for a couple years. Wii and DS brought me back, but it seems the same company is also why i going away again.

Anyways, i might lurk on here some now and then, but unless something changes ill stick to my old games and Lord of the Rings. Nothing really all the big to complain about. Just nothing to really care about console wise.

I do.  I hadn't bothered with a console since Colecovision and it was Wii's promise of all new gameplay via Motion that lured me back.

I never grew up with the Nintendo franchises and don't have any particular fondness for most of them (Kirby and SSB being exceptions).

Wii U hasn't appealled to me in the least and 360/PS3 treks into motion gaming have been either too casual to or far too limited to draw me away from Wii.

Zelda:SS is pretty much the game I've been wanting to play on Wii since 2006.  Tragic it's the game the system is ending with.   Wii had some awesome games, many of which I've yet to play or play through and some of which I'll import if I have to.    As is, It'll probably take me a few years to play through my existing library so unless Nintendo or someone puts out something more exciting than repeats of what I've already played I'll just stick with my Wii for the foreseeable future.

scottie said:
I'm thinking I'm done with Sony and Microsoft for a while

I must say Sony and MS gave me many great gaming memories, but in not excited at all for the upcoming consoles. Nor am i yet to care much for Vita. I got on here after staying away for abit around E3 and i just felt nothing. I looked over some of the post and articles and simply just dont care. Last time i was in this frame of mind i didnt buy any new console games for a couple years. Ps3, 360 and PSP brought me back, but it seems the same companies are also why I'm going away again.

Honestly people.
The 3DS has just launched, it's already got some great games released and confirmed. Loot at the early DS library for comparison. Or look at the Vita library for comparison. Either way, everything is looking up for the 3DS.
The Wii U hasn't even had a launch date announced, and it already has some big games announced. by comaprison, the PS4 and 720 are likely to release 3-12 months after the Wii U, and we have 0 games announced for them.

Sony and MS are d0med!

What a stupid post that doesn't many any sense .... MS and Sony havn't even released any info on their nex gen consoles. And those systems are currently getting a flood of games ...