By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June NPD - X360 507k, 3DS 143k, Wii 273k, PS3 276k~ DS 386k

Carl2291 said:
On GAF they're saying the 360 had a whole bunch of gift card deals all Month.

Explains the huge sales.

Folks over on Gaf are also forgetting the Wii and PS3 having whole bunch of deals aswell [ not directed towards you in anyway

Around the Network
Hyruken said:
So basically if we use these numbers the 360 was/is first worldwide currently.

And if the PS3 sales are right 360 is ahead of it by around 20k a week. That is if they are correct.

But doubt this site will correct the numbers.

There are still numbers that need to be adjusted, like Wii is still overtracked up to now by about 900K or 1M, will get a better idea after Quartely report.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

D-Joe said:
http://www.giantbomb.com/news/here-are-the-best-selling-games-in-june-hint-duke-wasnt-1/3487/

L.A. Noire sold 419,000 copies over the course of the month, while Duke Nukem Forever sold 376,300, I'm told.

Not surprised duke is that high, still bit sad. Infamous at around 320-50k I guess, good tracking on vgchartz.

Nintendogamer said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Nintendogamer said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Nintendogamer said:
pezus said:
Nintendogamer said:
pezus said:
Nintendogamer said:
Wii price cut did nothing it seems.

At least it prevented the Wii from dropping below PSP/PS2

It wouldn't drop below those anyway, I mean it was ineffecitve, like putting more water to water, no reaction.

It probably wasn't ineffective, but just very weak.

Needed a bigger one, like $100 or $150, also some games.

wait a 150 price drop? LOL you want them to give them away for free or something? :P

More like $100 price cut with games, I expect in November they may see a rise thought with zelda.

wait isn't the wii available for around 150 already bundled with several games...? if they cut around 100 it will be the same price as a ps2 :P

$100 cut from $200.

oh ok gotcha :D

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Wii tops hardware sales. Price cut made a decent impact. Nice call as always Pachter. I'm a little concerned about the lackluster 3DS sales, especially considering the US is supposed to be Nintendo's strongest market. I still contend that it merely needs a stronger library, as the DS initially did shortly after its release.

Edit: Whoops, I assumed the VGchartz numbers were NPD. To take a quote from Super Troopers, "I guess I'M the asshole." So it's even worse for Nintendo than I thought.. proves my point that pricecut is virtually meaningless without fresh new games to keep incentive to buy it in the first place. I am done defending Nintendo, as right now I truly feel they deserve this. Between the lackluster unveiling of Wii U and snubbing and alienating the Wii gamers, showing next to no games for it, not following through on their promise of motion plus games, or motion games in general for that matter, while NOA remains stubborn and refuses to acknowege Project Rainfall. I have had it up to here with Nintendo, and hopefully they learn from their mistakes like they did with the Gamecube, but hopefully it doesn't take them 10 years this time. They are fast becoming the next Sony of 2006 in the sheer magnitude of their mistakes and their arrogance, showing how out of touch they've grown with the mass market.

Around the Network

Zelda OoT 280K, 34% attach rate. From Eurogamer.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

inFamous 2 >300k

Ocarina 280k... 3DS LTD 820-825k = ~133k in June

Zelda OOT, about 41K under, 3DS 10K under, hmm, wii 200K over, let's see it!

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Metallicube said:
Wii tops hardware sales. Price cut made a decent impact. Nice call as always Pachter. I'm a little concerned about the lackluster 3DS sales, especially considering the US is supposed to be Nintendo's strongest market. I still contend that it merely needs a stronger library, as the DS initially did shortly after its release.

Wii didn't top HW :? also price cut did nothing.

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

OK since no one offered it how about this.

They buy a PC get a 360 deal for students. I took advantage of this deal.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.