By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 vs. Xbox 360: Do you still care?

Do you still care about the 7th gen console war?

Yes! Never forget!! 50 31.25%

No. It's over. 49 30.63%

My favorite console won!! 26 16.25%

I still can't believe we had sex...... 35 21.88%

Total:160

LMAO, I knew it...lol I knew this was going to happen. People realize the inevitable is coming, and they pretend not to care anymore. You don't care? you, me, and everyone knows you still do, more so than ever. you just don't want to accept defeat ...
... You can pretend not to care, but when it happens, WE WILL BE VICTORIOUS. And you, you will Finally accept defeat and you're going to be miserable.

*commences evil laughter*

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
LMAO, I knew it...lol I knew this was going to happen. People realize the inevitable is coming, and they pretend not to care anymore. You don't care? you, me, and everyone knows you still do, more so than ever. you just don't want to accept defeat ...
... You can pretend not to care, but when it happens, WE WILL BE VICTORIOUS. And you, you will Finally accept defeat and you're going to be miserable.

Which side are you on. "If it's Wii than screw you" :P

Xxain said:
PS3 vs 360 is over and has been for awhile... This site is SONY vs NINTENDO on all fronts.

Troof.

dsage01 said:
Jay520 said:

Which side are you on. "If it's Wii than screw you" :P

The side of victory of course.

d21lewis said:

To be honest, until about a year ago, I did think the SNES was the sales loser (despite the fact that the Snes was the only console I owned at the time).  It was sort of recognized by most of the magazines I read at the time that, until the PS2 came out, no company had EVER won two gens in a row.  There was also the myth (which I still stand behind, since Neo Geo and others came out during that era) that the most powerful console never wins in a generation, either.  I was shocked to find out that the SNES actually wound up beating the Genesis.  I'm glad the console with the better games wound up winning in the end, though.

I reckon the SNES winning the 4th gen should surprise anyone. Nintendo had a dominant market share with the NES which Sega had to crack. MD/Genesis sales stared to dip after Sega concentrated on the Saturn while the SNES was still being supported by Nintendo (it was their only console till the N64 came out). Also the Jpn never got into the MD/Genesis. Same thing could happen with the 360/PS3 in sales.

Another myth you need to dispel. The SNES was not the most powerful 4th Gen console. That would be the Neo Geo.

Around the Network

In some sense, yes. Particularly PS3 vs X360.

The PS3 was ridiculed constantly during its first few years and still receives some hate today. However it's no longer like it was before in sales numbers. PS3 has relatively caught up.
With that said, now X360 fans have switched from "Haha, X360 sales more than PS3" and "PS3 haz no gamez" to "No, no, it's all about profit."
Also, apparently now the xbox is not a gaming console but an "entertainment" device. Remember when Bluray wasn't necessary this gen?

EDIT: Note: this is directly to xbox fans not the console itself.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

It has almost always been the HD beasts Vs the wii for me. Really though I own all three so it's not that huge. Still do have a preference order, but it is not that significANT IN MY LIFE.

By the way, epic first paragraph d12.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

d21lewis said:

Xbox 360 released a year earlier.  If you align the launch dates, PS3 actually beats it in sales.  But 360 games always sell better than PS3 games.  So what?  You can't play sales!  360 versions of multi-plats tend to be better than the PS3 version of the same game.  Who cares?  Nothing can top the technical achievements of a PS3 exclusive!  But PS3 exclusives don't sell.  Didn't I just tell you that you can't play sales!? Kinect sold over ten million units.  But Kinect games aren't REAL games--and Eye Toy did everything Kinect did, first!  360 has better online than the PS3.  But PS3's online is just as good--for free!  Xbox 360 is a "shooter box".....but PS3 has more exclusive FPS franchises.  Trophies are better than Achievements.  Achievements are better than trophies.  RRoD--every early 360 is going to die.  YLoD--every 60gb PS3 is going to die.  I want you so bad.  Let's fuck.  I can't believe we just did that.  Don't tell anybody about this.  You know this changes nothing, right?  Right.  When next we meet, we meet as enemies.

And this is how it has gone on for over five years.  Well, at this point, who cares?  The next generation is almost upon us, ushered in by Nintendo.  The 3DS marks the beginning of the end for the DS vs. PSP war and the Wii U marks the beginning of the end of the battle between Wii/PS3/360.  Who won?  Wii had the best sales but didn't really satisfy a lot of forum dwellers with what it had to offer.  Xbox 360 did a lot better than many expected but sort of dropped the ball when it came to exclusive experiences and hardware quality.  PS3 finally brought the games but is still last place globally and cost Sony a TON of money and marketshare.  Each console has a reason to lay claim to being the best and the worst.

Of course, the main event has always been the battle between the PS3 and the 360.  Who won?  Who cares?  Do you?  From youtube videos to internet forums, the battle rages on.

Fixed for you

trasharmdsister12 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
I could care less, i have more awesome games this year to play and thats all that matters.

If you could care less, why don't you?

I never cared. I don't care. I never will care. Caring takes too much effort. By the way, when did we have sex? I'm never falling asleep in public again.

The fact that you don't remember is what hurts most of all.