By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 vs. Xbox 360: Do you still care?

Do you still care about the 7th gen console war?

Yes! Never forget!! 50 31.25%

No. It's over. 49 30.63%

My favorite console won!! 26 16.25%

I still can't believe we had sex...... 35 21.88%

Total:160

Xbox 360 released a year earlier.  If you align the launch dates, PS3 actually beats it in sales.  But 360 games always sell better than PS3 games.  So what?  You can't play sales!  360 versions of multi-plats tend to be better than the PS3 version of the same game.  Who cares?  Nothing can top the technical achievements of a PS3 exclusive!  But PS3 exclusives don't sell.  Didn't I just tell you that you can't play sales!? Kinect sold over ten million units.  But Kinect games aren't REAL games--and Eye Toy did everything Kinect did, first!  360 has better online than the PS3.  But PS3's online is just as good--for free!  Xbox 360 is a "shooter box".....but PS3 has more exclusive FPS franchises.  Trophies are better than Achievements.  Achievements are better than trophies.  RRoD--every early 360 is going to die.  YLoD--every 60gb PS3 is going to die.  I want you so bad.  Let's fuck.  I can't believe we just did that.  Don't tell anybody about this.  You know this changes nothing, right?  Right.  When next we meet, we meet as enemies.

And this is how it has gone on for over five years.  Well, at this point, who cares?  The next generation is almost upon us, ushered in by Nintendo.  The 3DS marks the beginning of the end for the DS vs. PSP war and the Wii U marks the beginning of the end of the battle between Wii/PS3/360.  Who won?  Wii had the best sales but didn't really satisfy a lot of gamers with what it had to offer.  Xbox 360 did a lot better than many expected but sort of dropped the ball when it came to exclusive experiences and hardware quality.  PS3 finally brought the games but is still last place globally and cost Sony a TON of money and marketshare.  Each console has a reason to lay claim to being the best and the worst.

Of course, the main event has always been the battle between the PS3 and the 360.  Who won?  Who cares?  Do you?  From youtube videos to internet forums, the battle rages on.

Around the Network

Part of me still care but to a lesser degree than before.

*walks into room confidently to join the crowds howling* "NEVER FORGET!".....ORGET......get....t....
...ups...
*leaves the empty room*

I won't be crying to the heavens or cheering the victory when PS3 passes 360 but I'll be satisfied knowing that it happened before the next generation started like most people thought it would. All the people saying "It won't happen till after it no longer matters" got incredibly annoying after a while. Do people consider SNES the loser of the 16-bit era?

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

I could care less, i have more awesome games this year to play and thats all that matters.

Around the Network
postofficebuddy said:
I won't be crying to the heavens or cheering the victory when PS3 passes 360 but I'll be satisfied knowing that it happened before the next generation started like most people thought it would. All the people saying "It won't happen till after it no longer matters" got incredibly annoying after a while. Do people consider SNES the loser of the 16-bit era?

To be honest, until about a year ago, I did think the SNES was the sales loser (despite the fact that the Snes was the only console I owned at the time).  It was sort of recognized by most of the magazines I read at the time that, until the PS2 came out, no company had EVER won two gens in a row.  There was also the myth (which I still stand behind, since Neo Geo and others came out during that era) that the most powerful console never wins in a generation, either.  I was shocked to find out that the SNES actually wound up beating the Genesis.  I'm glad the console with the better games wound up winning in the end, though.

At this point, it's all an e-peen measuring contest. It's not going to affect the gaming experiences of either console this generation or next generation. I do think 360 will win at the time the next consoles are released. But, I think the PS3 will pass up the 360 before the end of production due to PS3 selling in all the developing countries that will transition from PS2 to PS3 later.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

I don't care about this as well...

Its all about PC vs consoles these days. :)

Well I like comparing games other than that no. I own both consoles anyways so it doesn't matter that much to me

just bring the next gen, let this one die xD