By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why do we exist,GOD or BIG BANG theory?

Who created everything?

GOD 184 41.82%

BIG BANG 251 57.05%

Total:435
Player1x3 said:
Runa216 said:
Wow, I cannot in my right mind put forth the effort to explain how much is wrong with this thread. the very fact that almost 40% of people said God did it has me scared for the future generations and furthers my worries for the education level of people in the world.

Seriously people, faith is not science, get over yourself and the whole wide world will be better for it.

I am appalled by your collective ignorance.

Wow, I cannot in  my right mind put forth the effort to explain how much is wrong with this thread. The very fact that 60% of people said God didnt do it and that everyhing came out of nothing based on nothing has me scared for the future generations and furthers my wories for the education level of people in the world.

Seriously people, faith and science dont go against eachother, get over yourself and the whole wide world will be better for it.

i am appalled by your collective ignorance.

Science is your friend.  there's no such thing in having 'faith' in science, science is better than faith because it requires vigorous testing and proveable, repeatable results.  Look up "the scientific method" and you will see.  it is not ignorant to believe science is correct, but to believe something with such fervor that has absolutely no evidence and only heresay to support it?  Well...I chose science any day. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
Player1x3 said:
Runa216 said:
Wow, I cannot in my right mind put forth the effort to explain how much is wrong with this thread. the very fact that almost 40% of people said God did it has me scared for the future generations and furthers my worries for the education level of people in the world.

Seriously people, faith is not science, get over yourself and the whole wide world will be better for it.

Wow, I cannot in  my right mind put forth the effort to explain how much is wrong with this thread. The very fact that 60% of people said God didnt do it and that everyhing came out of nothing based on nothing has me scared for the future generations and furthers my wories for the education level of people in the world.

Seriously people, faith and science dont go against eachother, get over yourself and the whole wide world will be better for it.

Science is your friend.  there's no such thing in having 'faith' in science, science is better than faith because it requires vigorous testing and proveable, repeatable results.  Look up "the scientific method" and you will see.  it is not ignorant to believe science is correct, but to believe something with such fervor that has absolutely no evidence and only heresay to support it?  Well...I chose science any day. 

Why cant I choose both science and religious faith? What exactly prohibits the person from embracing both?

Neither, because as science evolves the theories of life and the universe will evolve, but the best theory we currently  have is the big bang theory. God is not even a theory mostly it is a fictionalized stories.

Not exactly an either/or question.

Runa216 said:
Player1x3 said:
Runa216 said:

You'd actually be quite surprised.  If you've ever been around the scientific journal system or in general study the "evolution" of science... which is better called a "revolution" of science.

Not saying it's as much faith as... well faith...

but faith actually plays a MUCH bigger roll in science then we'd wish.

It's been that way ever since we monetized science.  Well, even before then... but the monteization of it has made it even more faith based since it's livelyhood based.

I mean, in reality, when new theories come out, they get popular... mostly because the young scientists entering the field and taking classes become fans of the theory and acknowledge it.

While the older scientists generally stick to their own theories and go out of their way to discredit it, even when it can no longer be discredited.

Or even really, just scientists who don't want to believe they've been wrong for the last 10-20 years etc.

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:

Why cant I choose both science and religious faith? What exactly prohibits the person from embracing both?

You can, but it's not a very rational or logical decision.  I don't like resorting to similes, but saying you want to believe in science and have faith is no better than saying "I'm doing this test, but a few of these results aren't what I like, so I'm going to dismiss them based on my faith that I'm right and they were just faulty."  the very idea of sicence and faith are opposing.  Put it this way, faith wouldn't exist if there was proof, if there was proof it wouldn't be faith, it would be science.  Faith is, in a roundabout way, willful ignorance, the belif in something becuase you want to believe it, not because there's rational reason to believe it. 

That's kinda the whole point. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

I just accept that what ever it is its beyond comprehesion. I dont believe in the GOD perceived by most religion, accept that they are very prmitive concepts for GOD (he's essential a human in mind- christianity/islam) but i accept that their may be a higher for existance which we do not understand

"But then I question if BIG BANG happened,what made it happened.Scientist say it was because of Nitrogen and Hydrogen colliding.But where did they come from?"

Nitrogen and Hydrogen colliding? A scientist said this?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Kasz216 said:

You'd actually be quite surprised.  If you've ever been around the scientific journal system or in general study the "evolution" of science... which is better called a "revolution" of science.

It's been that way ever since we monetized science.  Well, even before then... but the monteization of it has made it even more faith based since it's livelyhood based.

I mean, in reality, when new theories come out, they get popular... mostly because the young scientists entering the field and taking classes become fans of the theory and acknowledge it.

While the older scientists generally stick to their own theories and go out of their way to discredit it, even when it can no longer be discredited.

You'd be surprised what scientists will believe to keep their funding.

No, it's not faith to believe in something that can be proven, repeated ad nauseum, and recreated.  That's what science is, taking a theory and testing it....and testing it and testing it and testing it to prove it works.  They alter every single possible variable to ensure that the result they got was a result of whatever variable it is. 

Faith is to believe something regardless of the facts, or lack thereof. 

Yes you can believe in science (which makes it sound like it's a religion), but it's not faith.  If you have faith in something scientific rather than following the data, then frankly you're doing it wrong.  There have been errors in our past science methods, but they've gotten better, the scientific method is near infallible now, and it will only get better with time.  Even theories are not faith based, because the whole point of a theory is that it has evidence to support it, but not enough to make it conclusive.  again, not faith, fact. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
Kasz216 said:

You'd be surprised what scientists will believe to keep their funding.

No, it's not faith to believe in something that can be proven, repeated ad nauseum, and recreated.  That's what science is, taking a theory and testing it....and testing it and testing it and testing it to prove it works.  They alter every single possible variable to ensure that the result they got was a result of whatever variable it is. 

Faith is to believe something regardless of the facts, or lack thereof. 

Yes you can believe in science (which makes it sound like it's a religion), but it's not faith.  If you have faith in something scientific rather than following the data, then frankly you're doing it wrong.  There have been errors in our past science methods, but they've gotten better, the scientific method is near infallible now, and it will only get better with time.  Even theories are not faith based, because the whole point of a theory is that it has evidence to support it, but not enough to make it conclusive.  again, not faith, fact. 

I can only imagine you didn't read my actual post... as the point seemed to fly waaaaaay over your head.

Many many sceientists do in fact believe things regardless of the facts, or lack thereof... and do so in the name of science.

A lot of the time they can be the majority, and so scientific progress has to wait for the "Old birds" to die out.