By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GameStop Lists MGS Collection For $50... Will You Be Buying It?

Not for 50 bucks. I'll buy it for 30 bucks MAX.

Around the Network

it could be 199$ and i would buy it day 1...its MGS goddamnit! ^^

TT Makaveli said:

Pretty much this^

Plus I didn't have a PSP, so Peace Walker is going to be just amazing!

Dr.Grass said:
TT Makaveli said:

Pretty much this^

yup same here...the first time playing Peace Walker...shit im so excited ^^

Hell to the yeah!!!

I've been demanding it so I'll pay for wat it is listed.

Square Enix really should be doing this...

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
What is it with all these people complaining about the price?

3 of the most critically acclaimed games of all time being remastered with bonuses such as HD and Trophies / Achievements and you still complain about the price, despite being cheaper than a new game.

The graphical change is more than enough to make me buy the game again. Some of us haven't played these games in a long time and we don't have access to a PS2 at the moment. The Trophies / Achievements add tonnes of re playability too.

Because HD isn't going to change my experience of playing it.

Playing those games on PCSX2 (PS2 emulator on laptop...basically put in the disc from your Ps2 into laptop n play PS2 games on it) on my powerful laptop already makes those games look way better than on PS2 anyway!

If anything the 3DS MGS3 remake is more attarctive due to 3D and new gameplay elements being added.

The deal is great for anyone wanting to get into MGS though.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I'll be buying it, just not right away. Most likely when a deal on Amazon comes along.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

TT Makaveli said:
Dr.Grass said:
TT Makaveli said:

Pretty much this^

yup same here...the first time playing Peace Walker...shit im so excited ^^

*whispers*

...and I sold my PS2 before MGS3 came out...Only played for 4 hours or so...

darthdevidem01 said:
brendude13 said:

3 of the most critically acclaimed games of all time being remastered with bonuses such as HD and Trophies / Achievements and you still complain about the price, despite being cheaper than a new game.

The graphical change is more than enough to make me buy the game again. Some of us haven't played these games in a long time and we don't have access to a PS2 at the moment. The Trophies / Achievements add tonnes of re playability too.

Playing those games on PCSX2 (PS2 emulator on laptop...basically put in the disc from your Ps2 into laptop n play PS2 games on it) on my powerful laptop already makes those games look way better than on PS2 anyway!

If anything the 3DS MGS3 remake is more attarctive due to 3D and new gameplay elements being added.

It really isn't that much though, think of all the shit games people buy each year and never end up playing them or selling them. $50 isn't much to experience what is in my opinion, three games which are easily in my top 10 of all time, even if you are just re-playing them.

For me, PCSX2 just isn't the same experience, MGS games lag like a bitch on it too. I need a seamless experience on a console, with a controller, with all the little sprinkles like chatting with friends and trophies / achievements. 

brendude13 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
brendude13 said:

It really isn't that much though, think of all the shit games people buy each year and never end up playing them or selling them. $50 isn't much to experience what is in my opinion, three games which are easily in my top 10 of all time, even if you are just re-playing them.

For me, PCSX2 just isn't the same experience, MGS games lag like a bitch on it too. I need a seamless experience on a console, with a controller, with all the little sprinkles like chatting with friends and trophies / achievements. 

As I said before, HD alone isn't an enough justification for me to rebuy those titles, however good they were. But say Peace Walker having 2 joystick control is enough justification to rebuy it at $20 maximum.

There are sooo many great games coming out each year, for me (on a student budget) putting $50 into games I already own keeps me away from trying new games.

I am not exactly complaining about the price, I am just saying that even if it was for $20 I probably wouldn't get it. I would want to invest that money in a new experience.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey