By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GameStop Lists MGS Collection For $50... Will You Be Buying It?

What is it with all these people complaining about the price?

3 of the most critically acclaimed games of all time being remastered with bonuses such as HD and Trophies / Achievements and you still complain about the price, despite being cheaper than a new game.

The graphical change is more than enough to make me buy the game again. Some of us haven't played these games in a long time and we don't have access to a PS2 at the moment. The Trophies / Achievements add tonnes of re playability too.

Around the Network

pass i still have all these games, but yes to ZOE

Day one purchase.

Oh my God yes
Since in my youth I never happend to pass by MGS on PS2 when I picked up MGS4 I was in love and I made a promise not to play MGS4 until I had the previous ones in my possession so with the collection of and MGS on PSN
I can chronologically by MGS timeline experience the story I never got the chance to.
I've been waiting for this along with a buddy of mine since 2007 It just can't come out fast enough.

"Rainbird: Why don't Nintendo and Microsoft Copy the Sony Blog?

Bagenome:You can't shoot things on a blog, and babies can't read, so I don't think it would suit either one's target audience."

d21lewis said:
Honestly, do JRPG makers even realize how hard it is to save the world? That shit is impossible!

brendude13 said:

3 of the most critically acclaimed games of all time being remastered with bonuses such as HD and Trophies / Achievements and you still complain about the price, despite being cheaper than a new game.

The graphical change is more than enough to make me buy the game again. Some of us haven't played these games in a long time and we don't have access to a PS2 at the moment. The Trophies / Achievements add tonnes of re playability too.

You need to go see an optometrist if you think the visuals are that big of a differnce. Theyre still PS2 games that now fully support wide-screen. A lot of us don't care for Trophys/Achievements.

Most of us who want this collection want it just for Peace Walker and probably already own the other 2 so this 3 pack thing doesn't really mean much unless you're new to the series. While I'm sure some people will be I'm pretty confident that the majority of peopel who buy this will have already played MGS2/MGS 3

Around the Network
brendude13 said:

All the HD remakes that were release so far are sold $40.00 price point, so I'm use to buying it for $40.00 dollars. I bought GoW and Sly Collections $40.00 and I think it's a good deal/price point. I love MGS, but I think $50.00 is just too much.

Crona said:
brendude13 said:

You need to go see an optometrist if you think the visuals are that big of a differnce. Theyre still PS2 games that now fully support wide-screen. A lot of us don't care for Trophys/Achievements.

Most of us who want this collection want it just for Peace Walker and probably already own the other 2 so this 3 pack thing doesn't really mean much unless you're new to the series. While I'm sure some people will be I'm pretty confident that the majority of peopel who buy this will have already played MGS2/MGS 3

They are some of the PS2's best looking games, HD is still a great improvement. Other things will be improved as well, just like the Tomb Raider Trilogy that I just bought on the PS3. Tomb Raider Anniversary could be passed off as a current gen game.

I have already played MGS2 / MGS3, being able to play it on my PS3 is a huge perk.

Pichsterz said:
brendude13 said:

All the HD remakes that were release so far are sold $40.00 price point, so I'm use to buying it for $40.00 dollars. I bought GoW and Sly Collections $40.00 and I think it's a good deal/price point. I love MGS, but I think $50.00 is just too much.

$10 difference...really?

It isn't that much, it would have gone down to that price after a week, the difference between GoW collection and the MGS collection is that there are 3 games and not 2, one of them is also a handheld game so Kojima is porting from 2 different systems.

brendude13 said:

HD is a very minor improvement in the eyes of many as it doesn't really change actual graphics much at all, mostly it adds support for widescreen. Peace Walker gets some special treatment but it still looks worse than MGS2 or MGS3 on a big screen. Trophies and Achievements? They affect gameplay how exactly? Also, adding them isn't going to take much time at all.

Point is, you can't charge almost the price of a completely new game for a bunch of old classics with almost no improvements and expect people not to get upset about the price.

I'd love to play them again, and peace walker for the first time. I'll definitely get it.