By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Fab_GS said:
Kasz216 said:
Xxain said:
Standards change maybe? What was a "Best Game Ever" in 2008 probably isnt in 2011.

Just a Thought ( not that im saying MGS4 didnt deserve it)

Or, when it was reviewed it was one guy or department.  While a list like this is everybody.

Thank you!!! It seems some of them have a hard time understanding this.

On a side note.... It's really one of the biggest issues with game reviews.

Roger Ebert will review movies from the a exrtreme drama to a childrens movie.

While game reviewers review games in genres they "like".  Because few have a greater appreciation for games as a whole.

Hardcore gamers, while they certaintly know they're genre, are looking for things that are completely different from your average consumer, or even your average consumer of the genre.

It may also partially explain the 7-10 scale.  Afterall, any SRPG for a SRPG fan is going to be a GOOD game unless they TOTALLY screw it up like Axis of Evil, or whatever that horror X-box 360 SRPG with werewolves and nazis is.

MGS really seems to be a love or hate series.  It's been explained already, but honestly i'm always surprised how well MGS games do on the list... since for a LOT of people, being about cutscenes more then anything else is an instant no-no.

Around the Network

A group of people with varying tastes made a list that doesn't have a game I like in the spot that I want it to be?

Top 100 lists are always ridiculous unless it is my list.

dsage01 said:
I gave up on IGN as soon as they rated GT5 an 8.5. There review of the game was complete BS! Then they gave Killzone 3 (my favouitre fps) an 8.5 as well. And they gave Infamous 2 a 9/10... They really screwed it up for me earlier so I'm not surprised

That's still higher than the Metacritic average for both games though, so I believe there's nothing wrong with those scores.

LOL at ign and number 1.

Around the Network

I agree; no MGS4 in the ENTIRE TOP 100?!

Ridiculous.

The only thing on which you and IGN disagree is whether or not Peace Walker is better than MGS4.

Clearly, they think it is.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

fuck ign

badgenome said:
Top 100 games, not top 100 movies.

How did heavy rain make it then?

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Ya Fallout 3 great game but too many glitches shouldn't be in the top ten maybe not even in the top 25!

Leaving MGS4 out of this list is stupid either they forgot about it or they forgot about it can't think of a valid reason to leave it off this list. IGNorance!

Anyone who's breaking the law is obvious a criminal.