By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
dsage01 said:
I gave up on IGN as soon as they rated GT5 an 8.5. There review of the game was complete BS! Then they gave Killzone 3 (my favouitre fps) an 8.5 as well. And they gave Infamous 2 a 9/10... They really screwed it up for me earlier so I'm not surprised

With so many great games coming out recently I game that was given a 9 in 2008 receives an 8 in 2011.8 is the new 9 in video game reviews.

Around the Network
.:Dark Prince:. said:
dsage01 said:
I gave up on IGN as soon as they rated GT5 an 8.5. There review of the game was complete BS! Then they gave Killzone 3 (my favouitre fps) an 8.5 as well. And they gave Infamous 2 a 9/10... They really screwed it up for me earlier so I'm not surprised

That's still higher than the Metacritic average for both games though, so I believe there's nothing wrong with those scores.

1 point higher isn't a big deal. And everyone tends to follow IGN and gamespot. If they gave it a 9 the meta would have been a around that.

Chroniczaaa said:
dsage01 said:

IMO, 8.5 was too high for both those Pieces of garbage Okay games. Infamous 2 on the other hand actually deserves it's score. Besides who relys on one gaming website when you have metacritic.

Just to let you know out of both those peices of garbage one is the best selling PS3 exclusive in just a couple weeks and the other started out slow due to no hype and then had great legs!

dsage01 said:
Chroniczaaa said:
dsage01 said:

IMO, 8.5 was too high for both those Pieces of garbage Okay games. Infamous 2 on the other hand actually deserves it's score. Besides who relys on one gaming website when you have metacritic.

Just to let you know out of both those peices of garbage one is the best selling PS3 exclusive in just a couple weeks and the other started out slow due to no hype and then had great legs!

Black Ops had the biggest entertainment launch of history, It's obviously the very best game ever made. You fail, don't try to sway my opinion with garbage logic. Both deserved to score lower than their predecesors because both were much worse compared to KZ2 and GT4.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

dsage01 said:

If they gave it a 9 the meta would have been a around that.

That's just flat out false. If that was true, then inFAMOUS 2 would have around a 90 meta, yet it doesn't.

You should be glad IGN rated GT5 &KZ3 what they did. They're scores are on the higher end of the meta. If IGN would have rated them like the average score, then both KZ3 & GT5 metas would be lower. 

Around the Network
badgenome said:
cyberninja45 said:
badgenome said:
Top 100 games, not top 100 movies.

How did heavy rain make it then?

Because it's interactive pretty much throughout and thus qualifies as a game.

Intereactive?

U were basically pushing buttons to choose which cutscene came next. Come on man u and I both know it was just a branching movie.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

dsage01 said:

Oh yeah, those scores are so low I didn't even realise they could legaly rate a game that low. 9 out of 10? My god, IGN must be getting paid by MS. And as we all know 8.5 is the same as saying it's total crap so again IGN must be getting paid to give PS3 games low scores. I mean those games are so perfect they should all get 11 out of 10 and games like Forza 3, Halo Reach, and Mario Galaxy 2 should get default 1 out of 10 scores for not being Sony exclusives.

IGN's editors should all die from gonorrhea and burn in hell for all eternity. I don't want to even live in a world with such low PS3 game scores. We should all just kill ourselves in protest of IGN. Yeah, that will teach them.

Jay520 said:
dsage01 said:

If they gave it a 9 the meta would have been a around that.

That's just flat out false. If that was true, then inFAMOUS 2 would have around a 90 meta, yet it doesn't.

You should be glad IGN rated GT5 &KZ3 what they did. They're scores are on the higher end of the meta. If IGN would have rated them like the average score, then both KZ3 & GT5 metas would be lower. 

Take a look at the reviews once again. They were only about 5% away from average

Chroniczaaa said:
dsage01 said:
Chroniczaaa said:
dsage01 said:

Black Ops had the biggest entertainment launch of history, It's obviously the very best game ever made. You fail, don't try to sway my opinion with garbage logic. Both deserved to score lower than their predecesors because both were much worse compared to KZ2 and GT4.

Okay so in your opinon you dislike those games whereas in my opinon those are both games that I love. It's a metter of personal choice. I admit I shouldn't have put sales into it. I was dissapointed with the two garbage games you pointed out (Killzone 2 and GT4) but I loved the succssers. And who are you to make a crap statment by saying they were much worse than their predecesors? I am sure many people like GT5 better than GT4 and Killzone 3 better than Killzone 2.

dsage01 said:
Chroniczaaa said:
dsage01 said:
Chroniczaaa said:
dsage01 said:

Okay so in your opinon you dislike those games whereas in my opinon those are both games that I love. It's a metter of personal choice. I admit I shouldn't have put sales into it. I was dissapointed with the two garbage games you pointed out (Killzone 2 and GT4) but I loved the succssers. And who are you to make a crap statment by saying they were much worse than their predecesors? I am sure many people like GT5 better than GT4 and Killzone 3 better than Killzone 2.

Yea, and I am sure that the original fanbases of both games are very disappointed with both of these sequels. It's okay that you didn't like KZ2 since every game has to feel like COD for you to have to play it, and it's okay that you prefer GT5s glaring imbalances in game design and just pure unfinished-ness at launch. It's okay.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia