By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Chroniczaaa said:
dsage01 said:
Chroniczaaa said:
dsage01 said:
Chroniczaaa said:
dsage01 said:
I gave up on IGN as soon as they rated GT5 an 8.5. There review of the game was complete BS! Then they gave Killzone 3 (my favouitre fps) an 8.5 as well. And they gave Infamous 2 a 9/10... They really screwed it up for me earlier so I'm not surprised

IMO, 8.5 was too high for both those Pieces of garbage Okay games. Infamous 2 on the other hand actually deserves it's score. Besides who relys on one gaming website when you have metacritic.

Just to let you know out of both those peices of garbage one is the best selling PS3 exclusive in just a couple weeks and the other started out slow due to no hype and then had great legs!

Black Ops had the biggest entertainment launch of history, It's obviously the very best game ever made. You fail, don't try to sway my opinion with garbage logic. Both deserved to score lower than their predecesors because both were much worse compared to KZ2 and GT4.

Okay so in your opinon you dislike those games whereas in my opinon those are both games that I love. It's a metter of personal choice. I admit I shouldn't have put sales into it. I was dissapointed with the two garbage games you pointed out (Killzone 2 and GT4) but I loved the succssers. And who are you to make a crap statment by saying they were much worse than their predecesors? I am sure many people like GT5 better than GT4 and Killzone 3 better than Killzone 2.

Yea, and I am sure that the original fanbases of both games are very disappointed with both of these sequels. It's okay that you didn't like KZ2 since every game has to feel like COD for you to have to play it, and it's okay that you prefer GT5s glaring imbalances in game design and just pure unfinished-ness at launch. It's okay.

^For starters stop asuming. I personly dislike Call of Duty because I think it is the same garbage made for nubes over and over again. Despite me having good connection, Killzone 2 had a really laggy MP and the SP was alright nothing great. The only reason Killzone 2 got a high rating was the fact that it was a huge improvement from Killzone 1 which felt very laggy and gltchy. GT is one of my favourite game series (the only racing game I play) and when I got GT4 I soon felt as if I were playing a degraded version of GT3. It was a good game I shouldn't have said garbage because I did enjoy it. But it was much below the standards of GT. GT5 has so many new feutres a great online mode and it defintely prooves that GT is the best racing franchise ever. Maybe it was a bit imbalanced at launch but PD did their best to fix the problem in a few days. But it's okay, I understand people haters like you can't accept cahnge and want the same old crappy thing again and again.

Around the Network
dsage01 said:
Chroniczaaa said:
dsage01 said:
Chroniczaaa said:
dsage01 said:
Chroniczaaa said:
dsage01 said:
I gave up on IGN as soon as they rated GT5 an 8.5. There review of the game was complete BS! Then they gave Killzone 3 (my favouitre fps) an 8.5 as well. And they gave Infamous 2 a 9/10... They really screwed it up for me earlier so I'm not surprised

IMO, 8.5 was too high for both those Pieces of garbage Okay games. Infamous 2 on the other hand actually deserves it's score. Besides who relys on one gaming website when you have metacritic.

Just to let you know out of both those peices of garbage one is the best selling PS3 exclusive in just a couple weeks and the other started out slow due to no hype and then had great legs!

Black Ops had the biggest entertainment launch of history, It's obviously the very best game ever made. You fail, don't try to sway my opinion with garbage logic. Both deserved to score lower than their predecesors because both were much worse compared to KZ2 and GT4.

Okay so in your opinon you dislike those games whereas in my opinon those are both games that I love. It's a metter of personal choice. I admit I shouldn't have put sales into it. I was dissapointed with the two garbage games you pointed out (Killzone 2 and GT4) but I loved the succssers. And who are you to make a crap statment by saying they were much worse than their predecesors? I am sure many people like GT5 better than GT4 and Killzone 3 better than Killzone 2.

Yea, and I am sure that the original fanbases of both games are very disappointed with both of these sequels. It's okay that you didn't like KZ2 since every game has to feel like COD for you to have to play it, and it's okay that you prefer GT5s glaring imbalances in game design and just pure unfinished-ness at launch. It's okay.

^For starters stop asuming. I personly dislike Call of Duty because I think it is the same garbage made for nubes over and over again. Despite me having good connection, Killzone 2 had a really laggy MP and the SP was alright nothing great. The only reason Killzone 2 got a high rating was the fact that it was a huge improvement from Killzone 1 which felt very laggy and gltchy. GT is one of my favourite game series (the only racing game I play) and when I got GT4 I soon felt as if I were playing a degraded version of GT3. It was a good game I shouldn't have said garbage because I did enjoy it. But it was much below the standards of GT. GT5 has so many new feutres a great online mode and it defintely prooves that GT is the best racing franchise ever. Maybe it was a bit imbalanced at launch but PD did their best to fix the problem in a few days. But it's okay, I understand people haters like you can't accept cahnge and want the same old crappy thing again and again.

Wow you call me out for assuming then you do the exact same thing, cool story bro.I accept change if it's good change like Uncharted 3. Both the games we're discussing changed for the worse. Deal with it, they got lower metas because in reality, not in your lalaland head, the games were worse than there predecesors. Oh and Sorry if I didn't use the right GT that you had in mind, both gt3 and 4 were better, happy now?

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

The reviews are handled on an independent basis. A single reviewer gave it that rave review, not IGN in its entirety. They also only did one game per franchise. MGS does have a title for the PSP on there and they said the PSP game was better than MGS4. Sony fans are just steamed because they spent the better part of this console generation pinning PS3 up above all else based on that one game.

IGN is much better then what most people portray them as.

Chroniczaaa said:
dsage01 said:
Chroniczaaa said:
dsage01 said:
Chroniczaaa said:
dsage01 said:
Chroniczaaa said:
dsage01 said:

Wow you call me out for assuming then you do the exact same thing, cool story bro.I accept change if it's good change like Uncharted 3. Both the games we're discussing changed for the worse. Deal with it, they got lower metas because in reality, not in your lalaland head, the games were worse than there predecesors. Oh and Sorry if I didn't use the right GT that you had in mind, both gt3 and 4 were better, happy now?

Okay you know what let's just leave it at that. Yes GT3 was the best GT by far but I personaly like GT5 better. The only reason why GT5 got not as good reviews is because of the 6 years delay. Look at the IGN and gamespot review for GT5 they both suck! How does GT5 prologue get the same rating as GT5 accrding to IGN. It's like they haven't played the game! Most Euro sites gave it a pretty high rating though. And for Killzone 3 see the beta impressions for it than see the actaul review. It's a pretty big surprise they gave it that low. But lets not argue. Metascores don't mean shit and sales don't either. Pirates of Carribean got a 50 meta and it's almost made a billion dollars! It's all about personal choice. Most people I know hate Killzone 2 but love Killzone 3.

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
MGS4 is the best game ever created, period.

This.

Embarrassing mistake on IGN's part.

MGS4 might have been very amazing but most people i know preferred Peace walker (I still haven't played peace walker but to be better than the already great MGS4 is awesome in my book), and peace walker is on the list, are you some of you guys mentally challenged to not notice this?

dsage01 said:

Okay you know what let's just leave it at that. Yes GT3 was the best GT by far but I personaly like GT5 better. The only reason why GT5 got not as good reviews is because of the 6 years delay. Look at the IGN and gamespot review for GT5 they both suck! How does GT5 prologue get the same rating as GT5 accrding to IGN. It's like they haven't played the game! Most Euro sites gave it a pretty high rating though. And for Killzone 3 see the beta impressions for it than see the actaul review. It's a pretty big surprise they gave it that low. But lets not argue. Metascores don't mean shit and sales don't either. Pirates of Carribean got a 50 meta and it's almost made a billion dollars! It's all about personal choice. Most people I know hate Killzone 2 but love Killzone 3.

I do agree that taking points off of GT5 just because of the 6 years thing is complete bullshit. Double standards are also wonderful on review sites. I personally find that movie reviewing is completely broken most movies get under a 50 on meta. And even when a truly great movie does come out the highest it gets is a low 60.

Chroniczaaa said:
dsage01 said:

Okay you know what let's just leave it at that. Yes GT3 was the best GT by far but I personaly like GT5 better. The only reason why GT5 got not as good reviews is because of the 6 years delay. Look at the IGN and gamespot review for GT5 they both suck! How does GT5 prologue get the same rating as GT5 accrding to IGN. It's like they haven't played the game! Most Euro sites gave it a pretty high rating though. And for Killzone 3 see the beta impressions for it than see the actual review. It's a pretty big surprise they gave it that low. But lets not argue. Metascores don't mean shit and sales don't either. Pirates of Carribean got a 50 meta and it's almost made a billion dollars! It's all about personal choice. Most people I know hate Killzone 2 but love Killzone 3.

I do agree that taking points off of GT5 just because of the 6 years thing is complete bullshit. Double standards are also wonderful on review sites. I personally find that movie reviewing is completely broken most movies get under a 50 on meta. And even when a truly great movie does come out the highest it gets is a low 60.

Yeah LOL that is so true. I hardly trust game rating sites at all anymore. Let alone movie and music sites. Gamespot gave Infamous a 7.5 for the same reason why they gave MW2 and Black Ops a 9.0. But did you personaly even like GT5 and Killzone 3? I don't mind if you don't because it's all about personal choice.

dsage01 said:
Chroniczaaa said:
dsage01 said:

Okay you know what let's just leave it at that. Yes GT3 was the best GT by far but I personaly like GT5 better. The only reason why GT5 got not as good reviews is because of the 6 years delay. Look at the IGN and gamespot review for GT5 they both suck! How does GT5 prologue get the same rating as GT5 accrding to IGN. It's like they haven't played the game! Most Euro sites gave it a pretty high rating though. And for Killzone 3 see the beta impressions for it than see the actual review. It's a pretty big surprise they gave it that low. But lets not argue. Metascores don't mean shit and sales don't either. Pirates of Carribean got a 50 meta and it's almost made a billion dollars! It's all about personal choice. Most people I know hate Killzone 2 but love Killzone 3.

Yeah LOL that is so true. I hardly trust game rating sites at all anymore. Let alone movie and music sites. Gamespot gave Infamous a 7.5 for the same reason why they gave MW2 and Black Ops a 9.0. But did you personaly even like GT5 and Killzone 3? I don't mind if you don't because it's all about personal choice.

I tryed to like them but, GT5 just felt like a jack of all trades to me and not one feature really Shined. They shouldn't have spent time making rally,nascar,and go karting parts of the game and instead spent those resources making more interesting endurance races( 2 different endurance events on the same track, wtf?) and better dynamic weather( more of it would have been nice too.). KZ3 just changed too much for me personally. Adding matchmaking and taking out Custom lobbys was a huuuuge burn to kz2 players.