By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - “We’re stepping away from Little Big Planet to focus on some new ideas.” - Media Molecule

Right Decision?

Yes 89 76.72%

No 4 3.45%

Maybe 14 12.07%

Undecided 7 6.03%

Other 2 1.72%

Total:116

http://twitter.com/#!/edgeonline/status/86724363574980608

Around the Network

Good- LBP physics make it unplayable

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Depends. They've really been whoring out the series as of late with PSP, Two PS3 titles, etc. It's a wonderful series that needs time in the oven to flourish and not to be over exposed necessarily.

It's also a series that will get tremendously better with increasing technology dumped into it. The physics, the gadgets, the level size and creation aspects as well.

Which is why I believe, one full-fledged LBP game a generation would be absolutely ideal, with expansion (Level, creation, character) packs released throughout the generation. Similar to Mario and it's trajectory. Possibly with a future outlook of diversifying the series from 2D / 3D. But always keeping the scope the original game had.

leatherhat said:
Good- LBP physics make it unplayable

Totally agree.

Glad to hear it honestly, established franchises are great but you can't overdo it. I wouldn't want those guys to get tired of their own creation.

Around the Network

hope they make something original like an fps or something..

Back2TheFuture said:
hope they make something original like an fps or something..

FPS's are ridiculously overdone this generation. I wouldn't want their creative talents gone to waste like other developers. 

Rpruett said:
Depends. They've really been whoring out the series as of late with PSP, Two PS3 titles, etc. It's a wonderful series that needs time in the oven to flourish and not to be over exposed necessarily.

It's also a series that will get tremendously better with increasing technology dumped into it. The physics, the gadgets, the level size and creation aspects as well.

Which is why I believe, one full-fledged LBP game a generation would be absolutely ideal, with expansion (Level, creation, character) packs released throughout the generation. Similar to Mario and it's trajectory. Possibly with a future outlook of diversifying the series from 2D / 3D. But always keeping the scope the original game had.

I wouldn't call them whoring out the series just yet. LittleBigPlanet PSP was made by SCE Cambridge, and LBP PSV is being made by Tarsier Studios.  

One full-fledged game a generation would work out great, but what happens when they run out of ideas? After that, they would probably have to hand it off to another studio like they did with he handheld titles. I highly doubt the series will be as huge in the long run, no matter how many DLC packs they release durning the generation. 

Sackboy RPG pleeeeeaaaaaase.

I voted "undecided" but the overwhelming votes for "yes" surprised me. I thought it was a beloved franchise. Only two full console games and a portable version. I guess there's only so much you can do with it, though.