By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Shadow of the Colossus PS3 vs PS2 comparison!

darkknightkryta said:
blkfish92 said:
darkknightkryta said:
It looks worse :S. I mean textures are probably the high res textures that were originally created, but all the lighting is gone.

It looks worse? Wtf?

There's no lighting.  But apparently that's not the actual PS3 version but the PS2 version on an emulator.  Lighting could be missing as a result.

This...

The bloom effect is gone...

And probably this is from a emulator....notice how the eyes are different colours?(green vs red)

That is a very common problem with ps2 emulators.

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:
Fab_GS said:
The real question is, did they fix the framerate problems of SotC? I sure hope so.

The game should be running at 60fps.  Though, I know I'm gonna be called crazy when I say this, but I liked the slow downs.  Made things more epic, the game sure won't play the same at 60fps to say the least.  I feel the gameplay will be worse.  But there's a few months till I get proven wrong.

I would rather say stupid instead of crazy. You know there's a difference between 'slow downs' and low framerate right? No way you actually liked the fact that the framerate was on the choppy side.

Relieved that these were just emulator shots, as I thought for a moment that they had fucked up the graphics completely.

SotC without the lightning and hazy fog would be... :-/

Can't wait for the game to come out.

Also waiting for the Last Guardian

End of 2016 prediction

PS4:43M-46M

XBONE:28M-33M

Is it just me or is the lighting just poor for the PS3 in those shots. Especially the last two.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
pezus said:
Dgc1808 said:
Is it just me or is the lighting just poor for the PS3 in those shots. Especially the last two.

Those shots turned out to be from an emulator :). So they'r not from the PS3 HD remake

Ah, good. I was worried for a second.

4 ≈ One