By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Shadow of the Colossus PS3 vs PS2 comparison!

FPS, draw distance and less aggressive pop in will make the difference. Running it in HD will reveal a lot more detail in the distance. I can't wait to be running around the vast landscape again.

And those ps2 screenshots look a lot better then it looked in 2005 on ps2...

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/wandaandthecolossus/images/0/3/?tag=thumbs_below%3Bthumb;3

Around the Network

sotc had frame rate issues?

Light said:
kinda looks worse.

I know they don't look a lot better, but come on. It's not even close. The PS3 version is clearly superior

Mad55 said:

Yeap.

SvennoJ said:

It's probably on the PS3. Remember the PS3 upscales PS2 titles.

Around the Network

Looks good.
But to me also the PS2 graphics look great.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

These screen make it look like there isn't that significant of a difference but I'm sure there will be. Shadow of the Colossus was one of the best looking games of last gen FOR SURE.

And there's no words how excited I am for thes Ico / Colossus collection. This will be sitting in my PS3 on day 1!!

ethomaz said:
Mad55 said:

Yeap.

ahh i never had this issue. Im guessing most people did though?

Jay520 said:
SvennoJ said:

It's probably on the PS3. Remember the PS3 upscales PS3 titles.

I played sotc on my 60gb bc ps3, same with gt4. Both looked a lot better on my old 34" hd ready crt tv then they did on ps3 upscaled to a 52" 1080p tv. It's the same problem with this screenshot comparison, view both at 1280x720 to see the real difference.

The images at the source location are scaled down to 1024x540 with high jpg compression. Scaling a picture with a grain filter is never a good idea and you can see jpg artifacts all over the source pictures.

It will look better then shown on those shots.

Anyway doesn't matter what it looks like, I'll buy it asap since my bc ps3 is no more.

darkknightkryta said:
It looks worse :S. I mean textures are probably the high res textures that were originally created, but all the lighting is gone.

It looks worse? Wtf?