By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft “Unapologetic” About Going After Casual Audience, Aiming To Be #1 WW This YR

ImJustBayuum said:
oniyide said:
ImJustBayuum said:
There are plenty of quality core games available for the 360 for 2011. Whether its First or Third party. The only legit point from the sony camp is that the PS3 have more choices in terms of games to choose from, albeit not that many. They act like MS's few but big exclusive games + 3rd party games are not capable of catering or satisfy MS's core userbase.

IMO most PS3 owners (judging from the sales of their 2011 exclusives released already) will only buy 1 or 2 exclusives from the long list they tout in internet forums.

PS3 owners are not even talking about 360, its the 360 owners and fans who are sharing concerns, paranoid??

LOL @ ps3 supporters not talking about lack of first party titles for the xbox. I can understand 360 owners raising these concerns, but it just seems like its the other camp that is more concerning.lol.

I was invested in the 360 but had to sell it because I had to make a choice between which system I valued less. I was concerned even a couple months ago when I was a 360 owner. The only game I had preordered for the whole year was Gears 3 (which is still preordered). I have to pay for college (which is really expensive) so the trade in money ($200) went towards four games within the period the 360 had nothing: InFamous 2, Dragon Age 2, Uncharted 3 and Batman Arkham City. I already had LBP, Mass Effect 2 and Killzone 3, but was running out of money. I don't game in camps. It's all about the games to me and also about the sales yes, but the games come first.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
ImJustBayuum said:
There are plenty of quality core games available for the 360 for 2011. Whether its First or Third party. The only legit point from the sony camp is that the PS3 have more choices in terms of games to choose from, albeit not that many. They act like MS's few but big exclusive games + 3rd party games are not capable of catering or satisfy MS's core userbase.

IMO most PS3 owners (judging from the sales of their 2011 exclusives released already) will only buy 1 or 2 exclusives from the long list they tout in internet forums.

Sorry bro, but Forza and the Halo anniversary edition are the only first party titles. If I was Microsoft I would've made bungie create the levels from Halo as DLC to add to Reach, but as I see now Microsoft is going to start shoving Halo down everyones throats now that they are running out of games. Gears is on its last run and in my opinion that is the 360's best franchise outside of Mass Effect which Microsoft stupidly lost exclusivity to because they didnt purchase Bioware. As for Microsoft and Sony when it comes to variety, that is a loss battle for Microsoft, however Microsoft has the peripheral in Kinect which is their ace. It can cover up all of the 360's overall flaws and keep Microsoft in the game. The question is how long will Kinect fend off the gaining Sonys flurry of core titles coming between now and 2012? Ok we've got the third consecutive year of Halo in 2012 (check). What else is there? Microsoft has something to prove next year, because outside of Kinect their offerings are starting to resemble the original Xbox.

You seem to want to ignore Gears with your Forza and Halo comment but the reality is the game is exclusive and will have the exact same impact as a first party title.  Also I really don't get the variety comment.  The 360 has Minecraft, Disneyland Adventures, Steel Battalion, Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster, The Gunstringer, Project Draco, Dance Central 2, Michael Phelps: Push the Limit, Raving Rabbids: Alive & Kicking, The Witcher 2 , Kinect Sports 2, and Kinect Star Wars for 2011 which are all either 360 exclusive or console exclusive and that's a fair amount of variety.

I added the Gears franchise to the list. I fact In stated my opinion I think its better than all of Microsofts  first party games (combined). Second of all we're only talking core titles. I can add move titles to the list (which would only make the Kinect games look worse).  The guy I was responding to admitted that still if we were pitting the 360 vs the PS3 exclusives the 360 still looks pretty weak. Gears is not a first party title and it will be on its last outing, so then who will Microsoft have to depend on? Microsoft left themselves vulnerable, now all they have to rely on now is Halo and Kinect. Forza...is well...Forza and the Witcher 2 wont sell well because Microsoft wont market it. Only the core know about it. The question is how many people are ready to play it that dont have a PC?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Legend11 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
ImJustBayuum said:

Sorry bro, but Forza and the Halo anniversary edition are the only first party titles. If I was Microsoft I would've made bungie create the levels from Halo as DLC to add to Reach, but as I see now Microsoft is going to start shoving Halo down everyones throats now that they are running out of games. Gears is on its last run and in my opinion that is the 360's best franchise outside of Mass Effect which Microsoft stupidly lost exclusivity to because they didnt purchase Bioware. As for Microsoft and Sony when it comes to variety, that is a loss battle for Microsoft, however Microsoft has the peripheral in Kinect which is their ace. It can cover up all of the 360's overall flaws and keep Microsoft in the game. The question is how long will Kinect fend off the gaining Sonys flurry of core titles coming between now and 2012? Ok we've got the third consecutive year of Halo in 2012 (check). What else is there? Microsoft has something to prove next year, because outside of Kinect their offerings are starting to resemble the original Xbox.

You seem to want to ignore Gears with your Forza and Halo comment but the reality is the game is exclusive and will have the exact same impact as a first party title.  Also I really don't get the variety comment.  The 360 has Minecraft, Disneyland Adventures, Steel Battalion, Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster, The Gunstringer, Project Draco, Dance Central 2, Michael Phelps: Push the Limit, Raving Rabbids: Alive & Kicking, The Witcher 2 , Kinect Sports 2, and Kinect Star Wars for 2011 which are all either 360 exclusive or console exclusive and that's a fair amount of variety.

I added the Gears franchise to the list. I fact In stated my opinion I think its better than all of Microsofts  first party games (combined). Second of all we're only talking core titles. I can add move titles to the list (which would only make the Kinect games look worse).  The guy I was responding to admitted that still if we were pitting the 360 vs the PS3 exclusives the 360 still looks pretty weak. Gears is not a first party title and it will be on its last outing, so then who will Microsoft have to depend on? Microsoft left themselves vulnerable, now all they have to rely on now is Halo and Kinect. Forza...is well...Forza and the Witcher 2 wont sell well because Microsoft wont market it. Only the core know about it. The question is how many people are ready to play it that dont have a PC?

Holy crap dude, you need to chill out about this crap. How many games does the average person buy a year? Maybe 2-3? For "Core" gamers maybe 5-8. I only plan on buying maybe 4-7 games for the rest of the year(even though there are way more that I want) and then a good amount of XBLA games. Why should MS release more games in a already overcrowded fall? Halo: CE Anniversary , Forza 4, Gears of war 3, Witcher 2, and Mincraft for the core gamers. Then a slew of kinect games that are core and casual like Rise of Nightmares, Gunstringer, Disney land, Kinect sports 2, Dance central 2, etc. Throw in Summer of Arcade and other arcade games plus 3rd party games like battlefield 3, Skyrim, Assassin's creed, etc. Even with the little amount of games I mentioned I wont be able to buy all the ones I want and so will the average person. Honestly how many more games do you think MS should release this year?    

ImJustBayuum said:
oniyide said:
ImJustBayuum said:

PS3 owners are not even talking about 360, its the 360 owners and fans who are sharing concerns, paranoid??

LOL @ ps3 supporters not talking about lack of first party titles for the xbox. I can understand 360 owners raising these concerns, but it just seems like its the other camp that is more concerning.lol.

can you give me some examples of people?? or are you just going to keep typing about these so called PS3 "supporters' talking about MS. I personally am a PS3 man but i havent said anything about concerns aobut lack of MS 1st party, why would i need too?? IMHO i think 360 this year is all right, THere still getting great 3rd party support, its not like its the WII. Batman, COD, BF3, Sonic, etc.

smroadkill15 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Legend11 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
ImJustBayuum said:

Holy crap dude, you need to chill out about this crap. How many games does the average person buy a year? Maybe 2-3? For "Core" gamers maybe 5-8. I only plan on buying maybe 4-7 games for the rest of the year(even though there are way more that I want) and then a good amount of XBLA games. Why should MS release more games in a already overcrowded fall? Halo: CE Anniversary , Forza 4, Gears of war 3, Witcher 2, and Mincraft for the core gamers. Then a slew of kinect games that are core and casual like Rise of Nightmares, Gunstringer, Disney land, Kinect sports 2, Dance central 2, etc. Throw in Summer of Arcade and other arcade games plus 3rd party games like battlefield 3, Skyrim, Assassin's creed, etc. Even with the little amount of games I mentioned I wont be able to buy all the ones I want and so will the average person. Honestly how many more games do you think MS should release this year?    

I think that you missed the point of what he was saying. The fact of the matter is that Microsoft needs more non-Kinect, hardcore exclusives for their core crowd. Why are you trying to show off Kinect titles? The hardcore doesn't want those. Also why 3rd party multipats? Those are the reasons people slamed Microsoft's E3 showing.

The problem is that Microsoft needs to stop relying on 3rd parties to feed the core gamers. Why? Like I said, all of those games are on the PS3.

At every E3 they focus on one of four brands, and you know what they are. They can't live off of those same franchises forever, and they also can't live off of 3rd parties. They need to expand their first party offerings, so they can stop depending on the same things every year to carry the 360.

Around the Network
IamAwsome said:
smroadkill15 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Legend11 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
ImJustBayuum said:

I think that you missed the point of what he was saying. The fact of the matter is that Microsoft needs more non-Kinect, hardcore exclusives for their core crowd. Why are you trying to show off Kinect titles? The hardcore doesn't want those. Also why 3rd party multipats? Those are the reasons people slamed Microsoft's E3 showing.

The problem is that Microsoft needs to stop relying on 3rd parties to feed the core gamers. Why? Like I said, all of those games are on the PS3.

At every E3 they focus on one of four brands, and you know what they are. They can't live off of those same franchises forever, and they also can't live off of 3rd parties. They need to expand their first party offerings, so they can stop depending on the same things every year to carry the 360.

To add to this, i would say 3rd party support is not set in stone, they can up and anytime for any reasons they want too, but for the foreseable future MS dont have to worry about that

IamAwsome said:
smroadkill15 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Legend11 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
ImJustBayuum said:

I mentioned 5 quality "core" exclusives releasing later this year on the 360. How many more do you want? How many more quality exclusives does the ps3 have later this year. Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, Twisted metal, Rachet and Clank: AFO, and ICO and Shadow Colossus Collection? If I missed any my bad, but your acting like the ps3 is just raping the 360 in exclusives the remander of the year when there are nearly identical numbers if not the same amount of exclusives.

The reason I point out kinect title is because  being a Kinect owner myself I'm actually looking forward to some of the kinect title later this year. I don't really care what other "core" gamers want and don't want, all that matters is what I want to play not what some else wants to play. I'm happy with this years holiday line-up. I do agree MS needs more first party developers, but as of the remander of the year I'm happy with what I have to play.  

S.T.A.G.E. said:

@bolded

If you were referring to me, than I think you should reread my second post, coz I was referring to xbox's  2012 lineup vs ps3's 2012 lineup.

oniyide said:
ImJustBayuum said:
oniyide said:
ImJustBayuum said:

can you give me some examples of people?? or are you just going to keep typing about these so called PS3 "supporters' talking about MS. I personally am a PS3 man but i havent said anything about concerns aobut lack of MS 1st party, why would i need too?? IMHO i think 360 this year is all right, THere still getting great 3rd party support, its not like its the WII. Batman, COD, BF3, Sonic, etc.

@ bold

Exactly my point.

Its a bit of generalization on my behalf but just browse through the thread and you'll see who I am talking about.

Still no ones suggested the 360's year is any worse than their previous years. Not to say that its bad but what exclusives have they ever had aside from halo,gars, forza and fable?