By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Call of Duty 4

Just beat the single player, haven't tried multi yet though, waiting for my usual group to get back from the holiday's (360).

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Around the Network

Call of duty 4 is amazing, best shooter I ve ever played.

shooters ive played:

Half life2
halo
resistance
and thats it.. :D

mM

COD4 single player is much better than Crysis. It may be short, but it is also really dramatic. Crysis on the other hand starts out great, but ends badly.
Stealthing through a wide open jungle and waylaying a platoon of North Koreans is great fun (despite occasional AI issues) but the linear later levels consist of emptying clip after clip into flying jellyfish that don't move much and hardly ever attack. It just gets tedious. They really should've done more with the zero gravity sections of the game. With a little thought they could've been really interesting.
Bioshock or Orange Box provide the best single player though.

It's just that Call of Duty has such a good mix of single player and multiplayer. The cool missions constantly make me pop in the dvd and start playing again.

But since your playing style has to be drastically different from the multiplayer, it's still a lot of fun. Anyone do ragtag warfare yet? :D So funny

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

I got it on 360 ......

But I do agree it's awesome.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
linkthe2nd said:
Crysis looked good but sucked ass in gameplay in my opinion. The suit functions added so little to it.

CoD also has more realistic animations. Crysis had the most shitty ragdoll physics/dead bodies and AI I've seen in a while. And what's the crysis multiplayer boycott I've been hearing about? Oh, it's been hacked to death because it's so easy? I see.

Call of duty is just so much more refined than the eye candy that is crysis.

Played_Out said:
COD4 single player is much better than Crysis. It may be short, but it is also really dramatic. Crysis on the other hand starts out great, but ends badly.
Stealthing through a wide open jungle and waylaying a platoon of North Koreans is great fun (despite occasional AI issues) but the linear later levels consist of emptying clip after clip into flying jellyfish that don't move much and hardly ever attack. It just gets tedious. They really should've done more with the zero gravity sections of the game. With a little thought they could've been really interesting.

What the hell are you talking about? The suit is NOT what just makes Crysis' gameplay. It's also physics, player freedom, real-time weapon modding and advanced AI. You can use pretty much anything from Crysis to kill other. If you bothered to watch the clip I linked, you would see how you could use any object from environment to kill an enemy, including blowing up a tree so that it falls down and crushes a nearby enemy, or putting a charge on a vehicle and drive it towards the enemy, then jump and blow up the charge along with him.

Infact I bet you didn't even watch the clip, where they showed how Crysis has much better AI, physics and level design than COD4.

Dude, in COD4 you can't even open a fucking door!!! How lame is that?! And the enemies are randomly spawned, what the hell! The worst of all is COD4's AI, awful AI. even in the middle of a big conflict most enemy NPC's just target at you and not your NPC teammates... oh and the physics... everything in COD4 is indestructible and can't even be moved. You can easily hide behind an old barrel and it will protect from any enemy firepower.... lame.

COD4's level design is also terrible. Most maps are just corridor maps. Just watch the clip I mentioned.

Why do you guys think that most PC gamers would choose Crysis as the best FPS? 

Played_Out said:

Everything in COD4 is scripted, so in there it loses a bunch of replay value. And Crysis has linear levels? No, it has only 2 closed areas in the game, the rest is wide open. You fail.

I have PC version. I was surprised how well the demo ran and how good I could make it look on my old (PC P3 3Ghz, X800 XT PE, 1.5Gb Ram) so I downloaded the full game.

SP is OK but I have no interest in MP cos I'm a BF2 fan.

CoD's level design is terrible, you say? Someone hasn't played "all ghillied up."
Everything you have mentioned in Crysis is graphics graphics graphics then physiscs. Just because you can kill a bunch of people with a bunch of frozen bananas doesn't make a game fun. I'll admit the tac gun is pretty fukin awesome, but I really couldn't care less about the picking up of stuff or even shooting down trees to kill people (Which is hard anyways)

And I'm guessing you haven't seen the drowning of the Korean in the water? Superb AI right there.
And I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Just because it's scripted doesn't mean it loses replay value, I've gone through the singleplayer missions so many times, trying out the other guns and such.

Even if Crysis AI was good, the voice, the fucking retarded dying animations, (Slump much?) and the uncanny ability to see through vegetation negates lots of it. Headshots are also worthless in the game. It so ruins the 'stealth' parts.

Meanwhile, in call of duty, you can shoot some guy's legs out, and they'll attempt to crawl away with their pistol while screaming in pain.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

I'm on PS3, but i play it a lot