By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Xbox 360 RTS mixes Halo Wars with World War II

http://www.oxm.co.uk/30782/news/new-xbox-360-rts-mixes-halo-wars-with-world-war-ii/

Little-known DMD Enterprise has announced Uprising 44, a mix of real-time strategy and role-playing game for Xbox 360 which takes place during the Nazi occupation of Warsaw, capital of Poland.

The game will pit groups of insurgents against stronger, better-equipped German troops, asking players to manage logistical problems (e.g. ammunition supplies) and keep individual fighters in condition. DMD is crafting an open world map of Warsaw based on documentary footage of the city in 1944.

One of the example scenarios given by PR boss Peter Wasiak sees a lone rebel armed with a pistol and six bullets tackling a Nazi squad. You will apparently need to "think, think and think" about how to accomplish your goals.

Baldur's Gate, Halo Wars and Men of War are inspirations for the new game, which launches in 2012. PC and Mac versions have also been confirmed. 

Around the Network

"Baldur's Gate, Halo Wars and Men of War are inspirations for the new game"

I'm interested!

Will it be compatible with Kinect

I'm hella interested in this.

But would be much more excited if it was an actual Halo Wars 2.

MS make it happen!!!

Sounds interesting.

Around the Network

yeap interested... and for halo wars 2 hells yeah especially with a good kinect support (voice and motion) I can see it being the thing that makes RTS better on console than PC.... if done right

I would rather a Halo Wars sequel as opposed to figuring out how to take out a whole squad with a six-shooter.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Fans ask for new IP's then they present them to you and you just want more sequels, riddle me this Batman.

Oblivion86 said:
Fans ask for new IP's then they present them to you and you just want more sequels, riddle me this Batman.

+1 gamers those days are princesses :P

Gimme.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!