By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am probably going back to PC-only gaming in the next gen

I already own a 3DS, and am planning to get WiiU and most likely the PS4

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

I was never really a console guy, but in the 7th gen the Wii attracted me due to its novel control method. I later ended up getting an Xbox 360 after getting exposed to more people talking about console-only games, and I did enjoy some games on it. Though if I had to decide right now, I would probably buy a PS3 instead of a Xbox 360 if the purchase was to be today (due to the free online mostly).

However, right now I'm not seeing myself buying a console in the next generation. I was disappointed with the Wii U reveal, the tablet controller doesn't excite me at all (especially if Nintendo insists in not allowing local multiplayer with it, which would be its killer feature IMO). As for Sony and Microsoft, unless they do something really innovative I'm not interested neither in improved graphics (which I can get on the PC) or in Kinect/Move like control methods which end up only being supported in a few gimmicky games.

To sum up, the excitement of the 7th gen of consoles does not seem to be repeating itself in the next gen, so it will be hard to convince me to buy another console, except possibly after many price cuts to enjoy some of the back catalog... Anyone else expecting to be on the same boat?

I'm like you. 

I've been a PC gamer since Super Nintendo.

The Wii brought me back into the Console market,

for some of the same reason's  you mentioned.

The Wii U failed to impress me, in the same way.

But I will probably end up buying it for the kids anyways,

and cause all the Wii-mote and motion + and wii board

We already have. 

Wii U is the Wii HD basically.

And thats all a Big "IF" I buy a HD TV lol

Since Nintendo died in 2009 I have gone to Starcraft-only gaming.

Soleron said:

On Topic:

Heavens No!!

Best of luck to you though!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

When I got my first PC in 1998 I became a PC gamer... then the Xbox came out and back to consoles I went and stuck there with the 360 but I have been becoming more PC oriented again, I imagine it will stay that way until the next Xbox is released.

Around the Network

Quite possibly, although I do enjoy the Uncharted series rather a lot and if there is a new Metal Gear/Gran Turismo, I may be convinced. However, most of my gaming is done on PC and most multiplats are played on PC when I can. Add a controller and I may not need a new console next gen.

darthdevidem01 said:
Soleron said:

On Topic:

Heavens No!!

Best of luck to you though!

lol.

I meant by the criteria of whether they make games I want to buy.

If that's what you feel then do it. You will have a lot of games to play and will be able to play them with better graphics and with better controls in some cases (keyboard+mouse FTW!).

Personally I don't care about the platform but the games. If I have to buy a console to play a certain number of games that I want to play then I'll buy it, otherwise I'll play them on my PC.

And about the disappointing reveal of WiiU, harware usually don't impress me and neither did this time, but that Zelda demo has put this console on my "have to see more of this" list.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

No real point to do so IMO.
PC exclusives are very few and in between these days. It makes sense to have a gaming rig for the best performance in multiplats however. Dual analog is shit compared to KB+Mouse IMO!

After the SNES I was mainly a PC gamer (Starcraft, Age of Empires, Fifa, etc). But the Wii did very well this gen and became something clearly different from PC unlike the other consoles so this is why now I'm mostly a Wii gamer today. However a lot of Wii U games are just PC games so unless Nintendo show me something really cool and different like Wii Sports or Skyward Sword are. I will probably become a PC gamer again.