By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am probably going back to PC-only gaming in the next gen

Well I don't, I bought an X360- PS3 for the games not for the graphics even if the nextbox/ps4 are not innovative I probably will buy it for the games lucky PC gaming is so innovative =p.

Around the Network

I've been a PC gamer most of my life, but lately I've been loving my Xbox 360 more than my PC. Consoles are just so much more convienent. I recently downloaded Magicka on Steam and love the game, but I seem to have connection problems and have trouble finding my friend's hosted game. I also recently played The Witcher 2 and had to upgrade my GPU in order to make it playable. Those aspects of PC gaming I don't miss.

That being said, I'll still definitely continue to game on my PC. I can't play SWTOR, Guild Wars 2 and Diablo III on my Xbox! :)

"But I don't want to go among mad people!" said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat. "We're all mad here."

Follow me on Twitter! @stefaniefogel

I might as well, but with the handhelds.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

I was NEVER a PC gamer. Haven't played a single game on it in my life.

With that said the Wii U also doesn't impress me to much...its more like a strange Handheld/I Pad breed instead of a Home system LOL.

I already have a 3DS and am loving it with hardly any games...I really enjoy 3D and its fun to mess around with the Sound feature and pictures and stuff. 3DS has loads of potential to me and am looking forward to many of the games in the future. As well as the FlipNote Memo feature coming out later.

I haven't fully decided yet what I want to do about next Gen. I have been playing games(Home & Handheld) since the N64 and GameBoy. Handhelds have never been good enough to own exclusively due to the graphics limiting what can be done on it. It would be no fun to play a game like Resident Evil or Metal Gear Solid or even Animal Crossing on it due to the graphics making it hard to even move around and see where you were going LOL. IMO though both the 3DS & Vita have strong enough graphics to support bigger games.

As I said, my 3DS is already great and could very well be my only System next Gen...the only problem is the Multiplayer. Instead of just having more controllers when friends come over they would need to have their own 3DS...I like Online Multiplayer but I like Local Multiplayer even better.

One thing is for sure though...if I do end up getting a Next Gen Home System(Again for the local MultiPlayer) it won't be until prices go down this time.

Until console games stop costing so much and looking so fugly, I'll mostly be chilling with the PC crowd.

Like I bought steam code for FEAR 3 for 24 bucks last week. They want 69.99 for the 360 version in Canada. Screw that.

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
Absolutely not. Even if I didn't see any potential in the Wii U, 3DS or Vita at all (and I see tons), I'm not going to close the book on anything that hasn't even been announced.

And even if the NextBox and PS4 are completely dull in terms of unique features (which they won't be), there will still be tons of games I want on at least one of them.

I can't even limit myself to only considering one platform next generation, there's too much potential!

Wii U and ps4 here we come =D

I can't even imagine turning my back on the consoles. It's only in this generation that my PC gaming scene has expanded significantly beyond "Blizzard games".

... Of course, I was a gaming fiend back in my Apple days.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Just be both a PC and console gamer. There will always be good AAA games that you can't get on PC and the same goes for consoles. We're also too far out to get excited about the next generation anyways. Sure there's the WiiU but we're not likely to get the kind of 50-100million+ budget games that will make us take notice like the next generation is sure to have in 2012-2013.