By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Remakes better than the originals.

Final Fantasy 7.

In all seriousness, i thought Starsky & Hutch was good, but then again, I only watched a few episodes of the original series.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network
Silver-Tiger said:

Final Fantasy 7.

In all seriousness, i thought Starsky & Hutch was good, but then again, I only watched a few episodes of the original series.

Never saw the tv show or the movie, but heard people say the movie was really funny

well I'd have to say black christmas and prom night BEST REMAKES EVER!!!!

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent

chazy13 said:
well I'd have to say black christmas and prom night BEST REMAKES EVER!!!!

You make me sad :(

no remake is better then the orginal. EVER!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

Read the book!!!

...Oh, sorry, wrong thread.

slipknotfan said:

They are few, but they are out there. My list:

The Thing, Dawn of the Dead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Last House on the Left, Amityville Horror, my bloody valentine, the Fly. Remember, they just need to be better than the original, doesnt mean you think they are great movies themselves!

I can buy The Thing and The Fly (and I'd add the recent True Grit remake  - or revist if the novel - as well as Oceans Eleven, Cape Fear, etc as others have noted) but are you shitting me with Dawn of the Dead?  The remake is glossier but artistically is pretty weak next to the perfect satire of the original.  I'm going to go with the general film fan consensus and declare you to be in error with that one.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
slipknotfan said:

They are few, but they are out there. My list:

The Thing, Dawn of the Dead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Last House on the Left, Amityville Horror, my bloody valentine, the Fly. Remember, they just need to be better than the original, doesnt mean you think they are great movies themselves!

I can buy The Thing and The Fly (and I'd add the recent True Grit remake  - or revist if the novel - as well as Oceans Eleven, Cape Fear, etc as others have noted) but are you shitting me with Dawn of the Dead?  The remake is glossier but artistically is pretty weak next to the perfect satire of the original.  I'm going to go with the general film fan consensus and declare you to be in error with that one.

I will give props to the original Dawn of the Dead for the exploding head scene. Dude kicked open the door of the apartment and shot! It was so cheesey and fake that it was hilarious!!! I still laugh when I see or even think of that scene. But aside from that, when I viewed the original I was not that impressed. Maybe I should give it another try.

NiKKoM said:
Ocean’s Eleven, Scarface, 3:10 to yuma, Cape fear,

left out the departed cause while it's a great movie it's not as good as infernal affairs

Infernal Affairs >>>>>>>> The Departed imo

War of the worlds ... that's a remake right?