By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - One of the most important JRPG questions this gen: Where is Hiroyuki Ito?

darthdevidem01 said:
Seems not many people care about Ito

Too many people have Nomura and Sakaguchi hard ons to give a second glance to this great JRPG director I guess.

He Directed Final Fantasy XII, the FF game with the least amount of love it seems, aside from XIV, on these forums.

And he also did Final Fantasy IX (The best one), which also seems to be pushed aside on this forum in favour of VI, VII, VIII and X... Which is a shame.

This man has a whole bunch of talent, and people should care.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Seems not many people care about Ito

Too many people have Nomura and Sakaguchi hard ons to give a second glance to this great JRPG director I guess.

He Directed Final Fantasy XII, the FF game with the least amount of love it seems, aside from XIV, on these forums.

And he also did Final Fantasy IX (The best one), which also seems to be pushed aside on this forum in favour of VI, VII, VIII and X... Which is a shame.

This man has a whole bunch of talent, and people should care.

Yes he did direct FF12, but he was mostly puppet to Matsuno's instructions that were left by him before he went away, his main contribution to it in the end was probably the battle system.

FF9 was a game he had more control over...but sakaguchi was still a major player there

And he co-directed VI with Kitase....again only co-direction

I hope with FFXV he finally has full control!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

Yes he did direct FF12, but he was mostly puppet to Matsuno's instructions that were left by him before he went away, his main contribution to it in the end was probably the battle system.

FF9 was a game he had more control over...but sakaguchi was still a major player there

And he co-directed VI with Kitase....again only co-direction

I hope with FFXV he finally has full control!

Fingers crossed, he deserves it

simple: no one cares. I fail to see how this is important because Ito is more of a battle systems guy than an actual director.

Galvanizer said:
Mad55 said:
it says he directed recoded so i guess thats what he was doing. Though i dont think this was one of the most important questions lol.

Did you even read the Wikipedia page? It says that was a totally different person with the same name.

lol obviously i read it if I said he did the game, the fact that it was another persons game on his page means i didnt read one line not to serious man.

Around the Network
Aiddon said:
simple: no one cares. I fail to see how this is important because Ito is more of a battle systems guy than an actual director.

He was the actual director for FF9 and that game has the highest Metacritic score of any FF.