By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DICE Favoring Xbox on Consoles After Cursing Out PS3 Fans

BenVTrigger said:
The 360 version is going to outsell the PS3 version by A LOT

I wouldn't say A LOT. BC2 only outsold BC2 PS3 by about 600k. Assuming BF3 doubles the sales of BC2, we expect the difference with BF3 to be around 1.2m assuming we see a similar ratio of PS3 to X360 buyers. I wouldn't call that "a lot", espescially not a capitalized "A LOT."

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
BenVTrigger said:
The 360 version is going to outsell the PS3 version by A LOT

I wouldn't say A LOT. BC2 only outsold BC2 PS3 by about 600k. Assuming BF3 doubles the sales of BC2, we expect the difference with BF3 to be around 1.2m assuming we see a similar ratio of PS3 to X360 buyers. I wouldn't call that "a lot", espescially not a capitalized "A LOT."

That is pretty much what I'm expecting a 1 - 2 million unit difference in sales which in terms of revenue is A LOT.

badgenome said:
HHG. /eyeroll

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
badgenome said:
HHG. /eyeroll

Just because he doesn't write it, doesn't mean it's not shit. It's on his website, therefore it is garbage. (Although his "come at me bro" avatar is profoundly amusing, and so is arguably the one non-garbage thing on his site.)

Well I guess I know which console version to get now.

Around the Network

Well this has been spun way out of proportion at no point did he say anything about favoring a console over the other, HHG are quite well known for being PS3 lovers and they got there heart broken over nothing.

When DICE come out and say PS3 is shit Xbox rules then we have a right to moan

i like the ps3 community it's great but i think we all need to stop being so tetchy when some says something slighty negative or something that can be percieved that way

BenVTrigger said:
Cirio said:
BenVTrigger said:
Yeah its not really that surprising actually. The 360 version is going to outsell the PS3 version by A LOT so while it might not quite be fair to PS3 owners it does make sense that they will be favoring the 360 on this one, just like how COD gives the 360 first access to all map packs, just good business.

Well that's just because Microsoft set a 2-3 year deal with Activision before MW2 came out. Otherwise, I'm sure Activision would want to release the map packs at the same time for all three consoles to generate more sales. There are some PS3/PC owners who don't buy the map packs after hearing negative reviews from 360 owners.

Actually the reason MS get first access to COD map packs is because Activision makes a small percentage off of Xbox Live Gold subscriptions.

http://crosseyedgamer.com/content.php/1233-Blame-Activision-for-the-XBox-Live-Subscription-Increase

Damn I didn't know that! I was under the impression that was just Bobby Kotick just tryin to get some cash off of Live.

looks like I won't be getting BF3, lighting effects is the biggest factor when it comes buying multiplats games on either my 360 or PS3...I hope there's some way DICE can appease us PS3 owners...maybe a free game?

arcane_chaos said:
looks like I won't be getting BF3, lighting effects is the biggest factor when it comes buying multiplats games on either my 360 or PS3...I hope there's some way DICE can appease us PS3 owners...maybe a free game?

Funny you should mention that :P

NiKKoM said:
badgenome said:
HHG. /eyeroll

Kill it with fire.