By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Under-hyped games you're looking forward to!

I want to say The Last Story, The Last Guardian, and XenoBlade: Chronicles, but if you look at "Most Wanted" those are over-hyped already.

Gears of War 3 will be the best selling exclusive game after a couple Halo titles, Kinect Adventures, and probably GT5. This game is huge, and everyone keeps talking about Uncharted 3 over this game. I just don't get it.

Halo CEA - I've actually been meaning to play Halo 1, after Reach, and now they are making a version of Halo with 360 graphics and maps for Halo: Reach. Perfect! I only have a PC version of Halo 1, so with this game, I can now play every Halo on my 360.

Mass Effect 3 - I know pre-orders are strong, but Mass Effect to me has never gotten the praise it deserves. I've read articles on IGN stating that Mass Effect 2 is basically the best exclusive this gen, about Uncharted 2 and Halo 3, and it defiantly is my favorite game. It's a trilogy where decisions in prior games affect the next ones, and the universe is just so damn cool.

Forza Motorsport 4 - This will be without a doubt, the best racing SIM yet. Over 500 cars, all with in car views and car models as detailed as in GT5. With physics that take the best of FM3 and GT5 and put them to shame, with environments upgraded from Forza Motorsport 3. People were so nuts about GT5 on this website, why isn't FM4 seeing the same attention? X-Box hating anyone?

Steel Battalion - I'm very interested to see how this turns out. If it's good, I may buy a Kinect.

Anarchy Reigns - Platinum games has only delivered AAA games so far, I hope this too is just as good.

Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem - I really REALLY hope this game gets localized in North America, but it's looking grim now. Best handheld franchise.

That's basically it. This gen is ending, not too many new good games coming out. I'm more interesting in getting old games on discount prices now. Starfox 64 3D also looks cool, but I have no plans to get a 3DS.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
naimisharanya said:
Jay520 said:
naimisharanya said:
AdventWolf said:
Bioshock Infinite, I hardly see topics about Bioshock. One of my favorite new IPs.

I don't know how the game that walked away with ''Game of E3'' award from most sites qualifies as under-hyped. Your not the only one to do this however, which kinda begs the question what the point of the thread is. I mean, the OP mentions Dark Souls which has tons of hype surrounding it.

EDIT: And...''One of my favorite new IPs.'' I guess under-hyped and new IP have radically different meanings in different parts of the world.

No, I meant under hyped on this site

Anyways, I see people with sigs like ''Dark Souls needs to be released tomorrow'', threads, trailers and articles. Don't really think you have a point.

I don't know why you said "people" since there is only one person with that signature.

And I've seen very few Dark Souls threads around here, and the ones I did see weren't very popular threads.

Either way, the hype should still be higher. The hype should be on the same level of games like Mass Effect, Skyrim, Uncharted etc.

Well, thses games are quite known but nothing like Battlefield or whatever :
Of Orcs and Men
From Dust
W40K Space Marine
Trine 2

And Deus Ex HR of course. But this one is quite hyped on the specialized websites and mags (even though it should be so much bigger)

WipEout 2048!
Seeing as Uncharted takes all the momentum for the Vita i think it's a worthy mention.
Studio Liverpool knows what they're doing and it will be my personal triple A title of the year :)

dany612 said:

The Grinder Wii

This x100,000,000,000,000,000

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:

Gears of War 3 will be the best selling exclusive game after a couple Halo titles, Kinect Adventures, and probably GT5. This game is huge, and everyone keeps talking about Uncharted 3 over this game. I just don't get it.

Forza Motorsport 4 - This will be without a doubt, the best racing SIM yet. Over 500 cars, all with in car views and car models as detailed as in GT5. With physics that take the best of FM3 and GT5 and put them to shame, with environments upgraded from Forza Motorsport 3. People were so nuts about GT5 on this website, why isn't FM4 seeing the same attention? X-Box hating anyone?

Did you have to post this? You know any direct GT5/FM4 or GeOW3/UC3 comparisons never turn out good. You're not new around here, you know how 'passionate' people can get over these comparisons.

Cursed Crusade im pretty pumped for this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_YUl3hr4Jo

Starhawk also, thats about it.

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

-PaNdOrA- said:
dany612 said:

The Grinder Wii

This x100,000,000,000,000,000

The Grinder Wii has shown up in many wanted list, yet we didn't see High Voltage Software at E3 and no new news about The Grinder. 

darthdevidem01 said:
Some people have weird definitons of what an "underhyped" game is.....I have no clue why FF Versus XIII, XIII-2, Dark Souls or Bioshock are being mentioned in this thread because all of themPR are among most anticipated lists all over the net and even on VGC's Most Wanted Games List.

Anyway On Topic:

- The Secret World (by Funcom..developers of The Longest Journey Games)

Yes its an MMO but as the creators have made 2 of the greatest stories in videogames I want to actually get this MMO just for the story.

- Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright

The Phoenix Wright team have made my fav DS game this gen (Ghost Trick) and I have no doubt combined with the Layton guys magic will be made on screen.

I swear it said under rated last time I was here >_>

Damn...

Either way, Tales of Graces F is my pick.

dark souls and acecombat