By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Can the cops really say/do this to me?

As I was driving in Coolum along the coast's main road past the town, I was pulled over.

I wasn't drinking and I was under the speed limit.

They told me to get out the car, and verbally abused the fuck out of me, they said "Have you got a small dick mate?"

I replied: "huh?"

Cops: "Is that why you bought a car like this to compensate for a small dick"

Me: "What, no I like nice cars that's why I bought it"

Cops: "Are you being a fucking smartass mate, it's dickheads like you that kill people on the roads"

Me: "How was I doing anything wrong?"

Cops: (Ignoring my question) "You realize driving at 160kph on the main road you're gonna wrap yourself around a fucking tree"

Me: "I wasn't speeding"

Cops: "I bet you do though, you look like the kind of dickhead that would"

*10 minutes later of insane verbal abuse*

Cops: "I hope you learnt something today, I take pleasure in taking license off people like you"

The wrote me a $240 fine and 2 demerit points.

At the end of it I managed to decipher the cops 6th grade handwriting on my fine and it turns out I was "Driving in a way that made unnecessary noise"

It does has a loud exhaust but it's within the law.

All I was doing was driving innocently past them, this is absolute bullshit, and I was unfairly targeted just because I am a young driver with a rare 'stands out like a dogs ass' sports car.

Around the Network

Again, hacked?

No, they can't. Firstly, you should complain to their local, then regional police organisation. If nothing is done, you should have an independent national body you can complain to - in the UK we have the IPCC.

Even if the attitude by them can be excused with a warning from their superiors, the points cannot and it was probably illegal/abuse of power for them to do so.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Take legal action, my missus had something similar and managed to get the fine cleared with also the cops responsible taken off of the force.

Games i'm currently playing:

highwaystar101 said:
Again, hacked?

Nah dude it's me

If I was hacked you'd see threads like "Soriku is a girl with balls that flop out of her vagina, Leo-j's the best and the Wii is a gimmick"

Around the Network

you sound drunk.... i guess it is 1:00 am sunday night and you live on the coast :P

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

To the above posters, yeah I am definitely going to fight the fine, I wish I took their names, but I know they come from the Coolum station becasue it says it on the fine.

2 demerit points is half my license gone (we only get 4 when you're young) what if I'm driving notmaly again and BAM there goes my last 2 because some cops are being assholes.

highwaystar101 said:
Again, hacked?

he isn't hacked lol, thats 100% him.

@Art

theres nothing you can do about it. cops are fucking pricks on the gold coast, espescially at this time of the year, and towards younger drivers with high performance cars. the only thing you can do to avoid this in the future is getting a car that doesn't attract attention.

or you could sue him, ring up today tonight or something :P they'll put anything on that show.

Believe it or not I have already been on that show

ArtofAngels said:
Believe it or not I have already been on that show

lol, what for?