By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto V is Coming

California?
BLEH.

Wonder if it's gonna suck as bad IV did... whatever happened to the people that made Vice City? It was the last good one (okay, it was absolutely incredible!)

Around the Network
chocoloco said:
Joelcool7 said:
chocoloco said:
scottie said:
I was originally going to edit my posts to make it perfectly clear that I was referring to what I personally find fun, but then I realised there was no need to - that is encompassed in the definition of the word fun. It is a subjective term, as is boring.

@ choc - yes, there is a very strong correlation between games that I would describe as boring, and popular games.

The question that comes to my mind is have you ever played gta 3, vice city, san andreas or IV, or are you just saying what you want because you love nintendo?

Considering the rumour states a 2012 release date, I wouldn't be suprised if it gets ported to WiiU. Infact I wouldn't be suprised if the best version of the game is released on WiiU. I'm betting Nintendo has been in talks with RockStar by now. Infact I wouldn't count out Nintendo purchasing exclusive rights to DLC or content. I wouldn't be suprised to see the next GrandTheftAuto being a launch window title for WiiU!

Why do you think I care if it can be played on wii U?

Because your outting Scottie as a Nintendo fan however Nintendo will probably be the home console for the next GTA installment. Nintendo has also always been interested in GTA as a franchise trying very hard to get it on DS and GBA. Nintendo fans like GTA as well and Nintendo themselves do. So I can't see why Scottie being a Nintendo fan would have anything to do with his comments about GTA.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Joelcool7 said:
chocoloco said:
Joelcool7 said:
chocoloco said:
scottie said:
I was originally going to edit my posts to make it perfectly clear that I was referring to what I personally find fun, but then I realised there was no need to - that is encompassed in the definition of the word fun. It is a subjective term, as is boring.

@ choc - yes, there is a very strong correlation between games that I would describe as boring, and popular games.

The question that comes to my mind is have you ever played gta 3, vice city, san andreas or IV, or are you just saying what you want because you love nintendo?

Considering the rumour states a 2012 release date, I wouldn't be suprised if it gets ported to WiiU. Infact I wouldn't be suprised if the best version of the game is released on WiiU. I'm betting Nintendo has been in talks with RockStar by now. Infact I wouldn't count out Nintendo purchasing exclusive rights to DLC or content. I wouldn't be suprised to see the next GrandTheftAuto being a launch window title for WiiU!

Because your outting Scottie as a Nintendo fan however Nintendo will probably be the home console for the next GTA installment. Nintendo has also always been interested in GTA as a franchise trying very hard to get it on DS and GBA. Nintendo fans like GTA as well and Nintendo themselves do. So I can't see why Scottie being a Nintendo fan would have anything to do with his comments about GTA.

Let scottie reply and I do not get your reasoning at all about niny bieng the home console for any GTA?

chocoloco said:
Joelcool7 said:
chocoloco said:
Joelcool7 said:
chocoloco said:
scottie said:

Let scottie reply and I do not get your reasoning at all about niny bieng the home console for any GTA?

You asked a question I answered. No need to get upset.  Scottie can reply if he wants, but when I see someone outing another member of VGC because he's a fan of Nintendo. Of course I'm going to have something to say about it. People that like Nintendo can have any opinion they want and you have no right to get upset at someone or try and justify your position by attacking their integrity.

Why can't a Nintendo fan have an opinion on GTA? Why can't GTA be on a Nintendo console?

As for the reason for Nintendo being the home console for GTA5. Its simple Reggie stated at E3 2006 that he hoped RockStar would bring GTA to Wii and DS. NOA also pleaded with RockStar for GTA on GBA prior to that. Nintendo paid good money to see Resident Evil 4 come exclusively to GameCube.

Nintendo WiiU is obviously going to be the most powerful console in 2012. So the best version of GTA5 would obviously be found on WiiU. Nintendo will go to great lengths to get it on WiiU especially since Reggie, Miyamoto and Iwata said hardcore gamers are their big target with WiiU.

It only makes sense that GTA5 will be on WiiU. Also Nintendo is likely to do what ever it takes to see that WiiU gets the best version. Unless MS starts a bidding war lol.

Anyways WiiU looks like the natural home for GTA5, I can't see RockStar ignoring WiiU and releasing the best version on PS3 or 360. The game will be multiplatform probably across all three platforms. With the best looking most powerful version being on WiiU. If not getting exclusive content Nintendo will still play host to GTA5.

Unless RockStar is completely full of Nintendo haters, it would make sense to launch on the new platform.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Xen said:
California?
BLEH.

Wonder if it's gonna suck as bad IV did... whatever happened to the people that made Vice City? It was the last good one (okay, it was absolutely incredible!)

I don't get people who disregard san andreas as if it sucked. San Andreas improved on every aspect of vice city, and on top of that it added more features and a MUCH bigger city! 

They definitely need to make GTA 5 more like san andreas.

Fix the crappy combat/driving from gta IV

Bring back everything that made san andreas fun.

Get rid of man-dates

If they do these things GTA will be back to its former glory.

Around the Network

How do we know that the California voice cast isn't meant for GTA San Andreas Stories for the PS Vita?

The portable GTA team is due for a game too :p

The only relevant thing about this announcement for me is whether it will be on Wii U or not.

pariz said:
The only relevant thing about this announcement for me is whether it will be on Wii U or not.

I really see no reason why it wouldn't be so I'm 100% sure it will be on Wii U as well.

Quick-Time Weapon switch FTW!

Joelcool7 said:
chocoloco said:
Joelcool7 said:
chocoloco said:
Joelcool7 said:
chocoloco said:
scottie said:

You asked a question I answered. No need to get upset.  Scottie can reply if he wants, but when I see someone outing another member of VGC because he's a fan of Nintendo. Of course I'm going to have something to say about it. People that like Nintendo can have any opinion they want and you have no right to get upset at someone or try and justify your position by attacking their integrity.

Why can't a Nintendo fan have an opinion on GTA? Why can't GTA be on a Nintendo console?

As for the reason for Nintendo being the home console for GTA5. Its simple Reggie stated at E3 2006 that he hoped RockStar would bring GTA to Wii and DS. NOA also pleaded with RockStar for GTA on GBA prior to that. Nintendo paid good money to see Resident Evil 4 come exclusively to GameCube.

Nintendo WiiU is obviously going to be the most powerful console in 2012. So the best version of GTA5 would obviously be found on WiiU. Nintendo will go to great lengths to get it on WiiU especially since Reggie, Miyamoto and Iwata said hardcore gamers are their big target with WiiU.

It only makes sense that GTA5 will be on WiiU. Also Nintendo is likely to do what ever it takes to see that WiiU gets the best version. Unless MS starts a bidding war lol.

Anyways WiiU looks like the natural home for GTA5, I can't see RockStar ignoring WiiU and releasing the best version on PS3 or 360. The game will be multiplatform probably across all three platforms. With the best looking most powerful version being on WiiU. If not getting exclusive content Nintendo will still play host to GTA5.

Unless RockStar is completely full of Nintendo haters, it would make sense to launch on the new platform.

Because your speculation is equivalent to determining the will of gods or god by dumping bones and other materials out of a cup and than deciephering them  I will not comment. Once again,  will not care if gta 5 is on wii u, but I am certain if it is the ps3 and 360 version will grealtly out sell the ninty version for both systems. Peace, I am going home from work now time for bed.

wilco said:
Xen said:
California?
BLEH.

I don't get people who disregard san andreas as if it sucked. San Andreas improved on every aspect of vice city, and on top of that it added more features and a MUCH bigger city!

They definitely need to make GTA 5 more like san andreas.

Fix the crappy combat/driving from gta IV

Bring back everything that made san andreas fun.

Get rid of man-dates

If they do these things GTA will be back to its former glory.

San Andreas was a bore with mostly horrible music and characters. A huge environment is of no use if it's badly designed.

Screw that game.