By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto V is Coming

PearlJam said:
scottie said:
I'm sorry, but in what world is 2 years and 3 months, 'almost 3 years'? The fact that the article attempts to deny that Chinatown wars was actually a GTA game reinforces my belief that GTAV will unfortunately be more like III or IV, and less like I, II or CTW.

???

Why would they flush their sales down the toilet just to appeal to the tiny minority that prefers the older top-view games?

This word, 'unfortunately'. I don't think it means what you think it means. I don't blame rockstar for making popular games instead of fun ones, but I can still find it unfortunate that they do.

Around the Network
scottie said:
PearlJam said:
scottie said:
I'm sorry, but in what world is 2 years and 3 months, 'almost 3 years'? The fact that the article attempts to deny that Chinatown wars was actually a GTA game reinforces my belief that GTAV will unfortunately be more like III or IV, and less like I, II or CTW.

???

Why would they flush their sales down the toilet just to appeal to the tiny minority that prefers the older top-view games?

This word, 'unfortunately'. I don't think it means what you think it means. I don't blame rockstar for making popular games instead of fun ones, but I can still find it unfortunate that they do.

You got it right what makes a popular game is a boring one because you know we want to be bored.

I returned GTA IV after playing 2 hours. It was a miserable game for me. San Andreas was much better, yet stupid reviewers still gave GTA IV some of the highest scores ever.

scottie said:
PearlJam said:
scottie said:

???

insted?, GTAIV was fun.

I was originally going to edit my posts to make it perfectly clear that I was referring to what I personally find fun, but then I realised there was no need to - that is encompassed in the definition of the word fun. It is a subjective term, as is boring.

@ choc - yes, there is a very strong correlation between games that I would describe as boring, and popular games.

Seece - that you found GTAIV fun is interesting, but it has nothing to do with me, so I don't see why you replied to my post in order to provide completely irrelevant detail.

Around the Network
scottie said:
I was originally going to edit my posts to make it perfectly clear that I was referring to what I personally find fun, but then I realised there was no need to - that is encompassed in the definition of the word fun. It is a subjective term, as is boring.

@ choc - yes, there is a very strong correlation between games that I would describe as boring, and popular games.

The question that comes to my mind is have you ever played gta 3, vice city, san andreas or IV, or are you just saying what you want because you love nintendo?

chocoloco said:
scottie said:

The question that comes to my mind is have you ever played gta 3, vice city, san andreas or IV, or are you just saying what you want because you love nintendo?

Considering the rumour states a 2012 release date, I wouldn't be suprised if it gets ported to WiiU. Infact I wouldn't be suprised if the best version of the game is released on WiiU. I'm betting Nintendo has been in talks with RockStar by now. Infact I wouldn't count out Nintendo purchasing exclusive rights to DLC or content. I wouldn't be suprised to see the next GrandTheftAuto being a launch window title for WiiU!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

In a recent Take-2 investors call they made it obvious that GTA5 was coming.
2012 looks likely; I would say Fall 2012, however to avoid Call of Duty and the holiday titles and keep with tradition, they might release it in April-June time.

In such case, shouldn't they have revealed it by now? How long was GTA4 announced before it released?

Anyway, I love GTA! I hope that San Andreas is substantially changed, I would have liked a new city but the countryside in San Andreas is fantastic.

I don't think the location is as solid as a 2012 release however.

Joelcool7 said:
chocoloco said:
scottie said:

Considering the rumour states a 2012 release date, I wouldn't be suprised if it gets ported to WiiU. Infact I wouldn't be suprised if the best version of the game is released on WiiU. I'm betting Nintendo has been in talks with RockStar by now. Infact I wouldn't count out Nintendo purchasing exclusive rights to DLC or content. I wouldn't be suprised to see the next GrandTheftAuto being a launch window title for WiiU!

I was thinking that too, and it would be a great move by Nintendo.

The only problem is, that if the Wii U version wasn't superior to the PS360 version, big questions would be raised.

Joelcool7 said:
chocoloco said:
scottie said:

Why do you think I care if it can be played on wii U?