By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGChartz hates Ocarina of Time 3D

SpartenOmega117 said:
I did not review the game nor do i own a 3DS but I think a 7 is a fair score. You have to understand that this is a REMAKE. The story is exactly the same, the characters are exactly the same, and even the gameplay is basically exactly the same. Why should people want to give a prefect 10 to a newly released game that they already played 10 years ago.

No hate to zelda though. Ocarina of time will be my first game ill buy on the 3ds when i get one even though i know exactly what the game is going to be like!

Wait you mean if you play a game and give it a 10 and then after a while you play the same game again would you all of a sudden give it a 7?

It is still the same game and in this case it improves on it. Now I understand if it is different reviewers but when it comes to the same guy who gave it a 10 and then gives it less even though the game is improved, that I do not get.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
SpartenOmega117 said:
I did not review the game nor do i own a 3DS but I think a 7 is a fair score. You have to understand that this is a REMAKE. The story is exactly the same, the characters are exactly the same, and even the gameplay is basically exactly the same. Why should people want to give a prefect 10 to a newly released game that they already played 10 years ago.

No hate to zelda though. Ocarina of time will be my first game ill buy on the 3ds when i get one even though i know exactly what the game is going to be like!

So I guess, you'll agree for God Of War Collection, The Sly Collection, Metal Gear Collection, ICO collection the score should be 7.

Roma said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

Wait you mean if you play a game and give it a 10 and then after a while you play the same game again would you all of a sudden give it a 7?

It is still the same game and in this case it improves on it. Now I understand if it is different reviewers but when it comes to the same guy who gave it a 10 and then gives it less even though the game is improved, that I do not get.

Well times change. I would have given Halo 1 a perfect 10 when it released in 2001 but now in 2011 I don't think I would.

wasnt me

freebs2 said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

So I guess, you'll agree for God Of War Collection, The Sly Collection, Metal Gear Collection, ICO collection the score should be 7.

This. I'm just waiting for all the HD remakes to come out, and the same people who are trying to justify a lower score for Ocarina, will be talking about how these HD remakes deserve their high scores.

So far, this is one of the absolute best remakes i've ever seen, I'm very impressed with the visuals and controls so far.

LISTEN TO THE FIRST WORLD PODCAST REAL GAMERS, REAL AWESOME

Around the Network
SpartenOmega117 said:
Roma said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

Well times change. I would have given Halo 1 a perfect 10 when it released in 2001 but now in 2011 I don't think I would.

Sure dude I believe you :P

BTW did you ever play the original game to even say it is a fair score?

So, those that actually own the game should be allowed to rate the game 20/10 to offset the score.

Roma said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
Roma said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

Not trying to make an argument here since im just expressing my opinion but yeah ill agree that no remake should deserve a score over 7. People have already given the game the score before and people have already experienced the game before. I guess my problem is that reviewers should not exactly review the game itself(because again they reviewed it all before) instead they should give a rating of how much better the remaking is than the original.

SpartenOmega117 said:
Roma said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
Roma said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

Not trying to make an argument here since im just expressing my opinion but yeah ill agree that no remake should deserve a score over 7. People have already given the game the score before and people have already experienced the game before. I guess my problem is that reviewers should not exactly review the game itself(because again they reviewed it all before) instead they should give a rating of how much better the remaking is than the original.

Your not considering the improvements over the original! Stating that all remakes shouldn’t get a rating over 7 is… just think about it :P

So even if the game is better it should still get a rating lower than the original? Makes no sense to me…   

Of course you have the right to have your own opinion but you might find that your opinion will change once you play a remake of a game you thought was great and got improved upon later on  

Roma said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
Roma said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
Roma said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

Your not considering the improvements over the original! Stating that all remakes shouldn’t get a rating over 7 is… just think about it :P

So even if the game is better it should still get a rating lower than the original? Makes no sense to me…   

Of course you have the right to have your own opinion but you might find that your opinion will change once you play a remake of a game you thought was great and got improved upon later on  

obviously remakes are going to improve upon the original. thats what they are suppose to do. All remakes to do is improve performance-grraphics, tearings, framerate, etc. Otherwise the story the charach, the locations are the same. A person who played ocarina of time 10 years ago would have a brand new experience playing the game. They never experienced the gameplay, charch, etc. before. A person who bought the remake now (not trying to say its a bad thing) and already played it before will have an improved experience but not a brand new one. You alreay know the charachters well, the story well, the gameplay well, etc. Its just a big nostalgia factor.