By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No more heroes review up on cvg.

Ooooh, thats made me so happy, this is my most anticipated Wii game (actually 2nd, just behind SSBB) and i was a little worried it may fail to reach its potential. Still lets wait to see what all the other reviews come to before we jump to conclusions.

Games i'm currently playing:

Around the Network
highwaystar101 said:
9.4, that's bloody good.

Unfortunately, the one thing this isn't is bloody. I was hoping that would have been factored into the review.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
KruzeS said:
highwaystar101 said:
9.4, that's bloody good.

Unfortunately, the one thing this isn't is bloody. I was hoping that would have been factored into the review.

Since their decision is because it's a case of possible outright banning, I think it can't be held against them.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Id personally rather see the game without blood than never see it released here (UK) at all. I hate the BBFC, by not accepting Manhunt 2 because it may get into underage hands its admitting its rating system doesnt work. On the other hand if they have banned it because they feel its too violent for anyone then they are removing my human right to choose and find this out for myself.
Its absolutely ridiculous.

seems so cool!!

i'm suire it will rule in USA!! :)

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Around the Network
Game_boy said:

Since their decision is because it's a case of possible outright banning, I think it can't be held against them.

Oh, come on. Why is every game the next Manhunt now? This game is nothing like Manhunt.

Besides, I don't live in the UK or Germany, why should I have to put up with the silliness of your BBFCs and USKs? USK ratings were never a problem until now. Publishers would either change the game for Germany, or not release it there at all. Gamers could then buy it online from Austria instead, if they so chose.

The publisher decided to go the easy way with this one, where others didn't. That can, and should be held against them, IMO.

KruzeS said:
Game_boy said:

Oh, come on. Why is every game the next Manhunt now? This game is nothing like Manhunt.

Besides, I don't live in the UK or Germany, why should I have to put up with the silliness of your BBFCs and USKs? USK ratings were never a problem until now. Publishers would either change the game for Germany, or not release it there at all. Gamers could then buy it from Austria instead if they so chose.

The publisher decided to go the easy way with this one, others didn't. That can and should be held against them, IMO.

Have you seen a video of the American version? its quite unexpected.

Nairu said: Have you seen a video of the American version? its quite unexpected.

Have you seen a video of "uncut" Manhunt 2 violence? You probably haven't, because it caused problems and had to be edited all over the world. Manhunt was AOed in the States - this won't be. They won't cut it in America cause they know it would kill sales there. Well, honestly, it should kill sales here too.

But yes, I have seen videos of that. And I don't consider it any more violent than Kill Bill, which got a 16+ rating across most of Europe. Both have deliciously stylized, over the top violence. Removing that is killing the artistic beauty of the game.

To me it all boils down to this: there were only two games ever that got banned by the BBFC, Carmageddon, which was later overturned, and Manhunt 2. Are you seriously going to tell me you're of the opinion that this is the 3rd more violent game in the history of video gaming? Come on.

9.4 is great! I'm looking forward to NMH.....in June for my b-day.

Ehm, the bloodless version is actually the original, Japanese one, where the blood is shown as pixels in the style of the game. I don't care which version will show up in Holland, as long as the game is good.