By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Jade Empire 2 in production. Possible Xbox 360 exclusive.

DMeisterJ said:
I hope that BioWare ditches the whole good guy/bad guy; Renegade/Paragon thing. It's getting so tired, and brings down the fun in playing it. Deciding whether to be good or not all the time got really annoying in Kotor and in ME. I'd rather have decisions you make in the past affect the outcome of the game, rather than whether I'm good or bad affecting the outcome of the game.

In Mass Effect there is no good guy/bad guy aspect. You are a good guy regardless. How you get the job done is up to you. In KOTOR you were either a good guy or a bad guy. In Mass Effect you save the galaxy its just a matter of how much collateral damage you are willing to inflict to do it. You can do it by the book or by any means necessary. I mean I have played it both ways and for the most part you are doing the same thing, just differently.

SPOILERS BELOW

As a Paragon, I gave the Clerk Bosker an impassioned speech about why he should return Nirali Bhatia's body to her husband as a Renegade I slammed him against the wall and threated his life. As a Paragon, I convince Corporal Toombs to spare the scientist, to not stope to his level. As a Renegade, I told him that I was Spectre and I can kill him without fear of punishment and to let me do it for him. Then I shot him for Toombs. In both instances I helped out both Mr. Bhatia and Corporal Toombs but I went about it a different way. Instead of playing the good guy/bad guy. Mass Effect lets you be the traditional hero type or the more modern nonsense type of "anti-hero."

Around the Network

This rumor is actually very credible.

I just hope they change up the combat system. It was too shallow it was the only thing I didn't like about Jade Empire. The combat became monotonous due to lack of depth. I loved the story, setting, and characters. The story was just flat out amazing.

Darc Requiem said:
I just hope they change up the combat system. It was too shallow it was the only thing I didn't like about Jade Empire. The combat became monotonous due to lack of depth. I loved the story, setting, and characters. The story was just flat out amazing.

I think it was commendable for BioWare to try and get out of the same old menu fighting system. I prefer it over the systems in KOTOR, Baldur's Gate etc, but I suppose the transition from a well developed and mature menu system to a first try at a combat system where you actually get to do something is pretty harsh. The quality of the system in Mass Effect shows me they've definitely learned something.

Kinda like how some of the first 3d games looked like shit, depsite being technically superior, because they were going against 20ish years of developemnt in 2d spirte graphics.

it's a possibility that JE2 could be a 360 exclusive, however, when EA bought Bioware we don't know exactly what the fine print says in their paper work, so untill further annoucements come one can assume that EA will most likely put it on the PS3 as well, since EA like's having multiplatform games.

Around the Network
Troll_Monster said:
it's a possibility that JE2 could be a 360 exclusive, however, when EA bought Bioware we don't know exactly what the fine print says in their paper work, so untill further annoucements come one can assume that EA will most likely put it on the PS3 as well, since EA like's having multiplatform games.

Depends on when the game started development. Most likely if JE2 is in production it started before the EA buyout and if thats the case. MS would have locked up the exclusivity of the game then. EA has honor whatever contracts Bioware made prior to purchasing them. Its the same reason Mass Effect 1 won't be on PS3.

Jade Empire 2 in development, PS3 version a possibility?

Posted on January 2nd, 2008 at 05:51 EDT

The move by Electronic Arts taking ownership of Bioware has prompted much speculation including the possibility of the Mass Effect trilogy making a way to the PlayStation 3. Beyond that, however, what about other Bioware projects?

If there is ever a title from Bioware that could be considered underrated, it is that of Jade Empire. Released in 2005, it was Bioware’s first project after Knights of the Old Republic, which took place in an ancient Chinese setting. Surrounded by speculation for years, Jade Empire 2 seems to now be in development from Bioware, that is, according to Dean Takahashi of the San Jose-based Mercury News.

In his blog, Takahashi claimed that he spoke to someone whom saw code for Jade Empire 2 for the Xbox 360. While this is remained unconfirmed by Bioware themselves, it must be noted that the company has given hit to the sequel since 2005.

The reason why you as a PS3 owner should care about this, is due to the fact that EA as a company has always remained adamant on releasing many of their games as multiplatform titles. So while the original JE might have been an Xbox exclusive, there is a very high possibility that a Jade Empire 2 would end up being on the PS3 either at launch, or a few months after the Xbox 360 launch with a few exclusive features to compensate for the wait.

If anything more breaks on this, please be ensured that PSU will be there to fill you in.

==> it fit well with the thread

but I agree, this is only speculation.

Time to Work !

libellule said:

Jade Empire 2 in development, PS3 version a possibility?

Posted on January 2nd, 2008 at 05:51 EDT

The move by Electronic Arts taking ownership of Bioware has prompted much speculation including the possibility of the Mass Effect trilogy making a way to the PlayStation 3. Beyond that, however, what about other Bioware projects?

If there is ever a title from Bioware that could be considered underrated, it is that of Jade Empire. Released in 2005, it was Bioware’s first project after Knights of the Old Republic, which took place in an ancient Chinese setting. Surrounded by speculation for years, Jade Empire 2 seems to now be in development from Bioware, that is, according to Dean Takahashi of the San Jose-based Mercury News.

In his blog, Takahashi claimed that he spoke to someone whom saw code for Jade Empire 2 for the Xbox 360. While this is remained unconfirmed by Bioware themselves, it must be noted that the company has given hit to the sequel since 2005.

The reason why you as a PS3 owner should care about this, is due to the fact that EA as a company has always remained adamant on releasing many of their games as multiplatform titles. So while the original JE might have been an Xbox exclusive, there is a very high possibility that a Jade Empire 2 would end up being on the PS3 either at launch, or a few months after the Xbox 360 launch with a few exclusive features to compensate for the wait.

If anything more breaks on this, please be ensured that PSU will be there to fill you in.

==> it fit well with the thread

but I agree, this is only speculation.

A lot more credible than rumors of MGS4 on 360, that's for sure.