By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Jade Empire 2 in production. Possible Xbox 360 exclusive.

http://xboxfamily.com/xf/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1120&Itemid=2

The source states that the game is being developed on Xbox 360 hardware, and implies that Microsoft may have acquired exclusive rights PRIOR to Bioware being aquired by Electronic Arts.

Jade Empire 2 would certainly help cement the Xbox 360's domination of the WRPG genre this generation.  

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Aww man I hope its true, Jade Empire was one of my all time favorite games.

While I love all things Bioware, I'd be surprised if this was true, and doubly surprised if it remains exclusive. The first was a bomb with only .22m sales according to this site. Maybe double with PC added in.

So to make a next gen version that requires close to 1m in sales for profitability would be foolhardy indeed with this IP.

I loved the original, I'm not sure how they'd expand on the original, but hey it's Bioware they'll find a way.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

Yeah this game bombed and they already are working on tons of other stuff. Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age and some mysterious MMO, plus people are always talking about them returning to Star Wars, I think that's more likely then a Jade Empire sequel (btw I did love the game)

Around the Network

I havent' played the original, but I heard it was fantastic. Given I just spent 35 hours with Bioware's latest 360 exclusive, and climaxed regularly, I have high hopes.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I hope its true, Jade Empire was great. Bioware is a great dev, I'm playing Mass Effect and it is a masterpiece. Anyone remember how did Jade Empire plot ended? It was a big plot twist, and it was unspected. I started the game right after I beat it just to kick someone ass *SPOILER*My Master ass, of course*END SPOILER*

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

i know, 360 has been dominating the PS3 in terms of rpgs, both western and jrpg. I also hear that sega is bringing back SKies of Arcadia exclusively on 360.

I would love to see a sequel to this but I'll admit that I want a KOTOR 3 even more.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 
Picko said:
I would love to see a sequel to this but I'll admit that I want a KOTOR 3 even more.

Well, LucasArts has announced that BioWare is still working on an "unnamed project" for them. I highly doubt it's Rogue Squadron 4. 

Anyway, Jade Empire is the one BioWare game I missed. Considering that they are my favorite RPG developer and one of my overall favorite developers, I need to get around to playing it one of these days. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/